• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Regarding our voting process

InTheWoods This is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

I had two simple points in my previous post:

1. Discussion on this forum seem to have been replace by rants and arguments.
2. I am worried that this may drive away new members.

Neither which you addressed and went on a rant trying to justify argumentative tactics.

You are clearly not interested in a discussion and I am not interested in arguing.

Both great points. I will do my best not to scare off new users from here on out.

But this stuff NEEDS to be discussed, and people NEED not to be kicked/banner/ignore because they might be the minority. Thats bad PR and horrible standards.

Both great points. I will do my best not to scare off new users from here on out.

But this stuff NEEDS to be discussed, and people NEED not to be kicked/banner/ignore because they might be the minority. Thats bad PR and horrible standards.

Then don't personalize issues, I believe that you think this "NEEDS" to be discussed and there is world of difference there.

Rely on your words and focus on the issues at play, you maybe being in a minority does not develop the discussion.

Perhaps take the fact you are being kicked/banned/ignored as feedback. It might be that you need to rethink some of your arguments to better convince people or simply the way you are presenting the arguments needs to change.

InTheWoods This is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

I had two simple points in my previous post:

1. Discussion on this forum seem to have been replace by rants and arguments.
2. I am worried that this may drive away new members.

Neither which you addressed and went on a rant trying to justify argumentative tactics.

You are clearly not interested in a discussion and I am not interested in arguing.

You have totally ignored my point about "American shouting matches". You went on to repeat what you've already said, just that in a more condensed format without the unnecessary euphemisms, thus doing the same thing you're warning others not to do.

1. * This forum didn't have many discussions to begin with. Few threads per day. Expect things to get more interesting as community grows
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument Having arguments is not a bad thing, by the contrary; it's progress. I know it's easier to just take orders, comply and go with the flow but get used to it cos it's good for you.

2. * If you are so worried about new people that may be put off, perhaps you should not make disparaging remarks and use offensive stereotypes like "american shouting matches" because you never know who you might rub off the wrong way, especially when you don't really have a clear idea about what you're talking about.

You have totally ignored my point about "American shouting matches". You went on to repeat what you've already said, just that in a more condensed format without the unnecessary euphemisms, thus doing the same thing you're warning others not to do.

1. * This forum didn't have many discussions to begin with. Few threads per day. Expect things to get more interesting as community grows
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument Having arguments is not a bad thing, by the contrary; it's progress. I know it's easier to just take orders, comply and go with the flow but get used to it cos it's good for you.

2. * If you are so worried about new people that may be put off, perhaps you should not make disparaging remarks and use offensive stereotypes like "american shouting matches" because you never know who you might rub off the wrong way, especially when you don't really have a clear idea about what you're talking about.

The double standard rears its ugly head yet again.

I'll be quiet and let tungfa ruin his own rep. It's pointless to piss off the guy who thinks he runs the show.

Back