• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hmm I see I was booted from slack. Awesome.

No silly-billy :rolleyes:

I'm talking about this issue, right here right now. Like I said so myself. Quantity is not quality.
You could at least make an effort and not use cheap tactics of word spinning.

This thread is quite funny. I see it has turned into a competition - who did the most work and best quality work for Dash. You don't see this level of commitment to a project in the Bitcoin/othercoin community.

This thread is quite funny. I see it has turned into a competition - who did the most work and best quality work for Dash. You don't see this level of commitment to a project in the Bitcoin/othercoin community.

Oh no, no competition at all. Just keeping him distracted from other threads. He can't help himself from answering.

No silly-billy :rolleyes:

I'm talking about this issue, right here right now. Like I said so myself. Quantity is not quality.
You could at least make an effort and not use cheap tactics of word spinning.

Whos words did I spin? I'd love to see that logic.

I posted 630+ posts in a 2 month period, and received 530+ likes in that short period.

Are you suggesting my posts are suffering in quality? Because the community and the math disagree with you.

Whos next? This is coming from my heart, you guys are acting from your wallets/brains.

Who do you think is going to give up first? Honestly?

I will keep posting this, hell it should be my signature, but that space is already used up:

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”
― Glenn Greenwald, No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State

Whos words did I spin? I'd love to see that logic.

I posted 630+ posts in a 2 month period, and received 530+ likes in that short period.

Are you suggesting my posts are suffering in quality? Because the community and the math disagree with you.

Whos next? This is coming from my heart, you guys are acting from your wallets/brains.

Who do you think is going to give up first? Honestly?

I will keep posting this, hell it should be my signature, but that space is already used up:

“But the true measure of a society’s freedom is how it treats its dissidents and other marginalized groups, not how it treats good loyalists.”
― Glenn Greenwald, No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State

What do you call a peanut that gets mugged? "Assaulted" peanut...

What do you call a peanut that gets mugged? "Assaulted" peanut...

Now whos a troll?

Go ahead, keep ruining your reputation so you can be part of the "cool kids" club. That must have worked out for you so well back in high school!

Do you like it? I'm trying to put you in the same spot you put all of us. I don't need to reinforce myself with self-proclaimed words of grandeur. Nor am I cross posting in multiple threads. I'm here and I'm not letting go until you do. It takes two to waltz.

Now, either we can take this to a whole new level of discussion and actually debate politely and intelligently, or we keep deflecting each ad nauseum.

Let me try once again to be very polite and give you 100% absolute benefit of a doubt. And please take the time to answer honestly.

Why is it that I'd seen you around, not knowing you, thinking "hey, new chap on the Slack-block, he must have done good by us for him to be here"
Then Camosoul goes all ape-shit, as usual, when people don't bow before his awesomeness. He rants off into his typical seclusion and WHAM - you go all bananas cross posting in all of our communication channels bitching and moaning, relentlessly, ticking everyone off, using foul language?

Why? It's oddly coincidental. Dozens of people asked you kindly to stop! You didn't.

What made you snap?

Do you like it? I'm trying to put you in the same spot you put all of us. I don't need to reinforce myself with self-proclaimed words of grandeur. Nor am I cross posting in multiple threads. I'm here and I'm not letting go until you do. It takes two to waltz.

Now, either we can take this to a whole new level of discussion and actually debate politely and intelligently, or we keep deflecting each ad nauseum.

Let me try once again to be very polite and give you 100% absolute benefit of a doubt. And please take the time to answer honestly.

Why is it that I'd seen you around, not knowing you, thinking "hey, new chap on the Slack-block, he must have done good by us for him to be here"
Then Camosoul goes all ape-shit, as usual, when people don't bow before his awesomeness. He rants off into his typical seclusion and WHAM - you go all bananas cross posting in all of our communication channels bitching and moaning, relentlessly, ticking everyone off, using foul language?

Why? It's oddly coincidental. Dozens of people asked you kindly to stop! You didn't.

What made you snap?

First off THANK YOU. I am doing my best to walk a very tight rope here between transparency being needed and being polite.

Want my honest simple answer?

I feel as if the budget is being used a slush fund, when the whole idea was to create an economic tool for the masses, not just shove budget items down peoples throat. We do not need some PR company to "save the day" there is no easy button to adoption. We need to create a fully functioning economy for people to fund things all around the world whether it be a half assed ATM attempt in Africa, an article from Proteus or others, or just a simple reimbursement of some who spend thier own money spreading Dash.

Not to pay a large multi national corporation who operates like its 2002. We don't need them to provide us with backlinks, PR shoutouts, introductions or any of that. Dash can stand on its own too feet as I am right now, with or without support from the "big boys" of Bitcoin.

And if we REALLLLY need them prove it. Analytics are not that hard to provide.

I hope that made sense and I hope I stayed within your expectations.

That's a great re-start!

I hope it's not too premature to thank you back. I already did it once, and it back-fired. Just being honest myself. But lets face it, you haven't been very polite given some language you used. But lets put that behinds us, shall we?

I totally get where you come from. But I disagree. Marketing is a dark-art. It is historically dirty in it's intent to manipulate people into buying products they don't need.
PR campaigns on the other hand are a different beast. They are far far faaar harder to pull off, because you're not necessarily trying to sell, but raise awareness.

There is a reason PR guys are payed top dollars. None other, because it is profoundly effective. If we want Dash to grow into mainstream adoption, we need to have a professional face to ourselves. That does not clash with community driven initiatives, like your website and your tweets.

But those have a limited audience, and this is no insult. A good PR campaign necessarily needs to have some secrecy behind it. Its not secrecy as in "oooh, let not let anyone know whats going on ooooh" - it' the old business adage. If you want to be ahead of the competition, you keep your secrets to yourself. Like the Coca-cola recipe, like Grandma's Super Tasty Apple Pie. Because we are an open-source decentralised project, we cannot spill out the bean for other to simply copy us!

Plus, PR tests things before deploying big time. That is why it simple cannot be a month to month thing. It's either all-in package, or it's not. If the PR campaign goes bust, we will have essentially thrown a heck of a lot of money down the drain.

PR campaigns are not meant to be immediately effective. They're meant to test the waters and tread lightly so you dint sink the ship !!

It is all to easy to spam the web with all sorts of info, links facebook, tweets etc etc - that is totally not the way to break the next barrier in our development. We need professional help with people who have absolutely show their worth, have the right contacts (this is the honey pot!) and understand better than anyone of us the mentality of the the people we are trying to reach.

This project is lead by an individual that has been constantly delivering and exceeding. He's recruited other individuals that have show to be prime exemple of competence.

To accuse this collective of using a "slush fund" proposal, using a top name in the industry as cover, is beyond immature. Not trying to rattle you up, just calling for your good sense. Your reasons for not liking this proposal do not make sense, and are quite insulting if you think about it.

I personally think this is a grave grave mistake. The PR campaign MUST show it's result at the END of it's cycle. If we, the Dash project, fail to deliver a proper report on how the funds were used, all credibility is lost.

To use the analytics excuse right now only shows how you do not understand the mechanics of a top level professional PR campaign.

I hope we can keep this line of discusion, this is good debating.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great re-start!

I hope it's not too premature to thank you back. I already did it once, and it back-fired. Just being honest myself. But lets face it, you haven't been very polite given some language you used. But lets put that behinds us, shall we?

I totally get where you come from. But I disagree. Marketing is a dark-art. It is historically dirty in it's intent to manipulate people into buying products they don't need.
PR campaigns on the other hand are a different beast. They are far far faaar harder to pull off, because you're not necessarily trying to sell, but raise awareness.

There is a reason PR guys are payed top dollars. None other, because it is profoundly effective. If we want Dash to grow into mainstream adoption, we need to have a professional face to ourselves. That does not clash with community driven initiatives, like your website and your tweets.

But those have a limited audience, and this is no insult. A good PR campaign necessarily needs to have some secrecy behind it. Its not secrecy as in "oooh, let not let anyone know whats going on ooooh" - it' the old business adage. If you want to be ahead of the competition, you keep your secrets to yourself. Like the Coca-cola recipe, like Grandma's Super Tasty Apple Pie. Because we are an open-source decentralised project, we cannot spill out the bean for other to simply copy us!

Plus, PR tests things before deploying big time. That is why it simple cannot be a month to month thing. It's either all-in package, or it's not. If the PR campaign goes bust, we will have essentially thrown a heck of a lot of money down the drain.

PR campaigns are not meant to be immediately effective. They're meant to test the waters and tread lightly so you dint sink the ship !!

It is all to easy to spam the web with all sorts of info, links facebook, tweets etc etc - that is totally not the way to break the next barrier in our development. We need professional help with people who have absolutely show their worth, have the right contacts (this is the honey pot!) and understand better than anyone of us the mentality of the the people we are trying to reach.

This project is lead by an individual that has been constantly delivering and exceeding. He's recruited other individuals that have show to be prime exemple of competence.

To accuse this collective of using a "slush fund" proposal, using a top name in the industry as cover, is beyond immature. Not trying to rattle you up, just calling for your good sense. Your reasons for not liking this proposal do not make sense, and are quite insulting if you think about it.

I personally think this is a grave grave mistake. The PR campaign MUST show it's result at the END of it's cycle. If we, the Dash project, fail to deliver a proper report on how the funds were used, all credibility is lost.

To use the analytics excuse right now only shows how you do not understand the mechanics of a top level professional PR campaign.

I'll save this spot, it will take me a minute to respond as I am trying to get my work done after wasting my last 3 days on this crap.

It is not crap. It is very serious business we're trying to develop. It's night time here, and about to go without internet. Resume tomorrow.

Crap meaning all this drama and flak I've been getting.

Of course Dash is not crap, why would I be here? :D

That's a great re-start!

He actually reminds me of myself in my late teens/early twenties. I was in fact banned from several internet forums due to my behavior. What I believed was passion, everyone else took for antisocial behavior.

As I've said before, your best bet is usually to make a comprehensive, logical statement of your opinion, answer any questions or misunderstandings that arise as a result, and then go about your way. People will either agree or they won't; but repeating yourself over and over again ("defending yourself") usually just serves as a turn-off.

Listening for awhile before speaking when joining a new forum also helps. It helps you learn people's opinions and personalities. It gives you a chance to build some credibility before you start posting on controversial topics, too.

He actually reminds me of myself in my late teens/early twenties. I was in fact banned from several internet forums due to my behavior. What I believed was passion, everyone else took for antisocial behavior.

As I've said before, your best bet is usually to make a comprehensive, logical statement of your opinion, answer any questions or misunderstandings that arise as a result, and then go about your way. People will either agree or they won't; but repeating yourself over and over again ("defending yourself") usually just serves as a turn-off.

Listening for awhile before speaking when joining a new forum also helps. It helps you learn people's opinions and personalities. It gives you a chance to build some credibility before you start posting on controversial topics, too.

I'm on the verge of ignoring you and your ad nauseam.

I'm not as retarded as you may believe, accept it. I know what I'm doing. But thanks!

the language in the forum went down the bin since you are around !
try to make your point but please keep it together , there are "normal" people in here too , who try to read up on tech and details and really have no interest in your language and rants !
keep going and you will be banner here too , and remember you are bringing this all on yourself !
sure you can quote Greenwald and play martyr for democracy (great keyword in there, reminds me of certain friends on BCT :wink:) good luck with that

the language in the forum went down the bin since you are around !
try to make your point but please keep it together , there are "normal" people in here too , who try to read up on tech and details and really have no interest in your language and rants !
keep going and you will be banner here too , and remember you are bringing this all on yourself !
sure you can quote Greenwald and play martyr for democracy (great keyword in there, reminds me of certain friends on BCT :wink:) good luck with that

You are the last person left who hasn't caught up with todays advancements.

Stop attacking me and stop threatening me. It's not like a ban is hard to get around too.

I made my points, I'm being nice, so it's time for you to do the same. Don't keep up this double standard. Go read up on all the other posts, and I will gladly link them for you, just ask, before you come at me again.

Or you can just keep on keeping on and see how it plays out for you.

Just for the record, tungfa is super biased to his world view. He just woke up, started giving me shit then kicked me out of Telegram as well (assuming hes the one who kicked me from slack at this point) and this needs to be addressed. He can't just act like he's in charge and do whatever the hell he wants.

Proof:
Screen-Shot-2016-02-03-at-4.20.18-PM.png Screen-Shot-2016-02-03-at-4.20.13-PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 4.20.13 PM.png Screen-Shot-2016-02-03-at-4.20.04-PM.png

you got kicked out of telegram for the same reason you got kicked out of slack !
if you did not learn your lesson yet, well, you might be kicked on other pages too !

i know you have an issue with me and think i am "doing whatever i want / as supposedly in charge"
but i am protecting the groups and chats,
if my old members come to me complaining, well the newcomer who is staring up the fuzz gets kicked !
thats how it works, like it or not

Back