• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Public Dash Slack Community

B

buster

Slack can be what we want it to be. A collaboration tool, a public chat room, a fun place to talk about DASH. Since the core team needs to stay focused and we don't want to distract them from their efforts it's best if we do not have random community members joining their slack channel.

There fore I went ahead and created a public channel open to anybody.

To request an invite simple visit this page

https://digitalcash.signup.team/
And enter you email, a invite will automatically be sent to you.

The channel is here
https://digitalcash.slack.com/

I would request that some core team members join because it will make more people want in. This place is to talk about anything. We don't care if our old messages get deleted because it's not important work or information.

Last edited:
/bow

Someone around here understand transparency and how to be a fair leader.

Good on you buster, you should spread the wisdom to certain people around here.

I will be joining when I get done responding to everyone whos attacking me. (Perhaps why I have to post so much is because I'm the only one vocally standing up for this stuff, but hey logic doesn't matter around here obviously, just keep spinning them webs of lies guys)

Slack can be what we want it to be. A collaboration tool, a public chat room, a fun place to talk about DASH. Since the core team needs to stay focused and we don't want to distract them from their efforts it's best if we do not have random community members joining their slack channel.

There fore I went ahead and created a public channel open to anybody.

To request an invite simple visit this page
https://dashchat.herokuapp.com/
And enter you email, a invite will automatically be sent to you.

The channel is here
https://digitalcash.slack.com/

I would request that some core team members join because it will make more people want in. This place is to talk about anything. We don't care if our old messages get deleted because it's not important work or information.

Cool! I'll join up!

/bow

Someone around here understand transparency and how to be a fair leader.

Good on you buster, you should spread the wisdom to certain people around here.

I will be joining when I get done responding to everyone whos attacking me. (Perhaps why I have to post so much is because I'm the only one vocally standing up for this stuff, but hey logic doesn't matter around here obviously, just keep spinning them webs of lies guys)

Hey man I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I don't know what else to say but I would just forget about it because it's not that big of a deal right? I mean you are a productive person and you get things done but I feel like this stuff is distracting you from your true abilities. I dunno. You are very welcome to come join me in here, Currently I am all alone! lol. I'll be headed to work soon for a few hours but I will be on later and I did get the phone app so I can always pop in to say hi.

Cool! I'll join up!

Thank you David, you are a very active member and it would be great to have you there.

Anyone who is already on slack should join up because it's very easy. We are not demanding your attention only that you join up and help me create a decent atmosphere where we can all just kind of hang out.

Hey man I'm sorry you are having such a hard time. I don't know what else to say but I would just forget about it because it's not that big of a deal right? I mean you are a productive person and you get things done but I feel like this stuff is distracting you from your true abilities. I dunno. You are very welcome to come join me in here, Currently I am all alone! lol. I'll be headed to work soon for a few hours but I will be on later and I did get the phone app so I can always pop in to say hi.

Thank you David, you are a very active member and it would be great to have you there.

Anyone who is already on slack should join up because it's very easy. We are not demanding your attention only that you join up and help me create a decent atmosphere where we can all just kind of hang out.

Point taken to heart.

Still don't intend on just letting people throw their weight around. I don't intend to change myself because some *sad people* with moderating power wanted to shut me up is all.

This is such an awesome idea Buster! Already feeling the love in our non-private slack channel.

Can't wait until everyone realizes this is a much better alternative than hiding behind closed doors in the so called "core chat".

Dash reminds of a younger Bitcoin each and everyday, hell we are even being subjected to the same issue that ruined the foundation it seems. Woo for history repeating itself!

Here is a quick update on the 'Unofficial' Dash Chat Slack.
  • We now have 68 members with about 8-10 very active members.
  • We have on average 5000 messages per week with half in public channels
  • We have help section where people can ask questions on reddit and they come directly into our help section of slack, and get answered quickly.
  • We have twitter channel which provides the lastest dashpay, taoofsatoshi and other dash related tweets.
  • We have dedicated discussion channels for new proposals.
  • We have a team of moderators and managers that make the experience nice and enjoyable.
  • Of course we also have random topics and some price discussions.
URL To Chat Room
(Must get invite from link below)
http://digitalcash.slack.com

Request invite here:

Everyone is welcome. It is growing into a great place.

Last edited:
We now have a working dash slack tip bot thanks to naruby - I've tipped over 15 dash this weekend. Come join us have some fun.

That was so fast! I linked the github what like 12 hours ago? Damn good job naruby! This Slack is becoming rather large.... aboutt o hit 100 people! I say the 100th person gets a 1 Dash from me, anyone else wanna toss some onto the pot? buster? :p

I love this place. Thanks for making it buster. Keeps me in the Dash-o-sphere quite nicely. I'm always so we'll informed due to this Slack channel and I recommend more people join!

TLDR: 6 spots until 100 members, 100th member gets 1 Free Dash from me, and possibly buster too, since he's so giving lol.

Update on the Public Slack Channel:

1) Evan Duffield is officially a user at the slack channel. He doesn't frequent much (ever (once)) but still pretty cool.

2) Version 2 of the tipbot has been released. This new version is much more intuitive.
-send tips in fiat currency amounts. E.G. - 'dashbot send solarminer 3.00 USD and it will send him 3$ worth of dash.
- get price of dash from bot in various currencies.
-send personal message to dashbot, this ensures less spam in the main channels
-Possible Rain command to make it rain to online users.
-ask the bot to convert between a particular currency and Dash (or visa versa).
Thank you so much naruby

3) Many new members and many veterans who have been around a long time. This place is for everyone and anyone. Even if you think somebody doesn't like you or you don't like somebody, it's still a great place to have fun and collaborate with others. Every single person is welcome to join and I personally can ensure and guarantee that you will not be harassed in any way. I encourage all members of this forum to join us over there, old and new. We would love to have you all.

We are pushing toward 175 members and should be there pretty soon.

Get your invite from here

Last edited:
Update on the Public Slack Channel:

1) Evan Duffield is officially a user at the slack channel. He doesn't frequent much (ever (once)) but still pretty cool.

2) Version 2 of the tipbot has been released. This new version is much more intuitive.
-send tips in fiat currency amounts. E.G. - 'dashbot send solarminer 3.00 USD and it will send him 3$ worth of dash.
- get price of dash from bot in various currencies.
-send personal message to dashbot, this ensures less spam in the main channels
-Possible Rain command to make it rain to online users.
-ask the bot to convert between a particular currency and Dash (or visa versa).

3) Many new members and many veterans who have been around a long time. This place is for everyone and anyone. Even if you think somebody doesn't like you or you don't like somebody, it's still a great place to have fun and collaborate with others. Every single person is welcome to join and I personally can ensure and guarantee that you will not be harassed in any way. I encourage all members of this forum to join us over there, old and new. We would love to have you all.

We are pushing toward 175 members and should be there pretty soon.

Get your invite from here

This Slack has been by far one of the most helpful Dash related tools IMO.

It has quickly become the go-to place for any information I need regarding Dash, whether that is the latest news, a smart person to answer a question for me quickly, or to just chat with whoever is online.

Great project buster!

Oh and stop giving out tips like a madman! You'll be broke before the years out at this rate!

;]

Bump
I checked out the Slack page for the first time yesterday, and it's a good time. Highly recommend this to everyone, come chat!

I do agree. There are new users comming daily and the last couple of days I think there was some kind of boom or what :)

Back