• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hmm I see I was booted from slack. Awesome.

TheDashGuy

Glad to know people who stand up for a true democratic process get shafted. Best of luck to you guys.

What is slack?
Heard the name never really looked into it....

The private chat room with around 69(-1 now) people including the core team and some heavy dash contributors.

edit: I guess they still are trying to say I'm trolling. Half of this goddamn community must be trolling then because THEY voted this crappy proposal out, not me. I can't even vote. This reminds me a goddamn oligarchy at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
So all the DASH folks hangout there? - huh..... guess I should have at least looked - lol

My 2x votes work ok - what do you mean?

So all the DASH folks hangout there? - huh..... guess I should have at least looked - lol

My 2x votes work ok - what do you mean?

I cant vote, as in I have no MN's but im basically being "punished" if you will for influencing the vote in a direction that some people didnt like. So I just got booted, not even a warning. Just tried to alt tab and wham, gone.

Lobbying should be expected - If some people don't like it - oh well...
Not everybody is going to agree....
I sell votes - lol
1 DASH per proposal per vote....meh..... won't get ya far....
Lobbying would produce more votes.... sway'd....

I've heard mention of this slack more and more lately. How to access the dash slack chat?

Lobbying should be expected - If some people don't like it - oh well...
Not everybody is going to agree....
I sell votes - lol
1 DASH per proposal per vote....meh..... won't get ya far....
Lobbying would produce more votes.... sway'd....

A bit off topic, but selling votes, why didn't I think of that!? I could be like a real politician.....

So they kicked you from slack... were you posting a bunch in there, or just because of your posts on BCT?

That's really unfortunate... Especially when you've been quite heavily involved in the community from what I can see at least..

This should be fixed.... Immediately.

Meh. I voluntarily left the slack channel months ago as I wasn't happy about the inclusive setup. It's a good place to get shit done though if you're doing work on the project.

InTheWoods I think you just request an invite from tungfa. Im not sure who can and cannot join though.

Last edited:
Meh. I voluntarily left the slack channel months ago as I wasn't happy about the inclusive setup. It's a good place to get shit done though if you're doing work on the project.

InTheWoods I think you just request an invite from tungfa. Im not sure who can and cannot join though.

I can see why.

I've heard mention of this slack more and more lately. How to access the dash slack chat?

Apparently its a place where certain opinions get you kicked without warning or notice. Someone is mad at me for expressing my opinion it seems.

That's really unfortunate... Especially when you've been quite heavily involved in the community from what I can see at least..

This should be fixed.... Immediately.

Appreciate that sir.
So they kicked you from slack... were you posting a bunch in there, or just because of your posts on BCT?

In my opinion it was due to the whole Transform PR getting voted out, and I was the most vocal.

I can see why.
I was the most vocal.

TheDashGuy -
it's pity to me to see that it finished like this... (hope you will come back later soon).
As you had being said - Slack is not the place for arguing and debating (we have forums for it).

Your main problem is not your ideas but the form that you express them.
You were repeating your same ideas many-many times to make them looks more important. It looks like destructive spamming and even trolling. It just prevents the rest of the people doing their work. We have forums for it. Slack is for cooperation. And each member of team must fulfill certain general rules.
System has to protect itself from "the most vocal" if he interferes with work most of the rest...

IMO. :sad:

Glad to know people who stand up for a true democratic process get shafted. Best of luck to you guys.

[...]
Slack is not the place for arguing and debating
[...]
Slack is for cooperation.
[...]
Exact, Slack is our collaboration platform, that's why we protect it from unnecessary spam.

TheDashGuy alone posted 1.5k messages on Slack last week - out of a total of something like 7k. That's merely 20% of traffic by a single user - and it did not bring any solution to any problem.

The core team members do not have time to read through pages of endless ranting and arguing, which do not contribute to a solution or produce any outcome.

Like kot wrote to TheDashGuy in a different post:

Now it is time for you to act as a responsible person and do. Do not write what we should have - it is pointless (we should have hundreds of things - everyone knows that and everyone could write dozens of posts about it). Just make it happen instead.

I couldn't agree more on this. I have seen many community members come and go, writing myriads of post about ideas on "something someone should do".

I have enough ideas by myself, more ideas than my time schedule is capable of handling beside my family, leisure and friends.

If you want to improve Dash: Do it. But don't expect someone to pick up your ideas and do it for you.

Just my 0.01 duffs,
Holger

We have forums for discussion. Slack is for cooperation.

This!

I often have problems to re-find information over at Slack because it gets buried quickly. If we use Slack for the same things as the forum it would be useless and a waste of time.

Slack: solve problems

dashtalk.org: propose things. Discuss things. Post opinions. Be passionate. Kick someones ass if needed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

I do not feel like re typing everything, and I will not let your drown me out. So try me. You think I'm some stupid little kid who doesn't know what censorship is?

HA. You guys got another thing coming, write your code. Fix your "bugs". I will gladly drop the entire amount of effort I have put into helping people learn Dash and target censorship. Fine by me.

I was told this place was going to be a way to free people from oppressive regimes, not start one yourselves. Have your private slack channels where you can discuss things in private, i'm fine airing all my stuff publicy. Np.

Sad day in crypto. Was I the first to be kicked from slack? What an honor.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.new#new

I do not feel like re typing everything, and I will not let your drown me out. So try me. You think I'm some stupid little kid who doesn't know what censorship is?

HA. You guys got another thing coming, write your code. Fix your "bugs". I will gladly drop the entire amount of effort I have put into helping people learn Dash and target censorship. Fine by me.

I was told this place was going to be a way to free people from oppressive regimes, not start one yourselves. Have your private slack channels where you can discuss things in private, i'm fine airing all my stuff publicy. Np.

Sad day in crypto. Was I the first to be kicked from slack? What an honor.

Funny how you say yourself all righteous yet no one is defending you.

If you are true to your words... just leave. You were kicked out of Slack because you were intolerable there. You were toxic for a work environment. Here it's another story. There is no censorship and you're perfectly welcome to make a fool out of yourself at will.

Only if you seriously cross the line of morals will you be moderated.

Slack, is a different story. You were directly affecting the entire team's performance.

I did. Refresh your browser.

Someone had to take initiative, and if you check the "like" on mine vs your posts, you'll soon get a grasp of what is what.

Quantity is not quality.

I did. Refresh your browser.

Someone had to take initiative, and if you check the "like" on mine vs your posts, you'll soon get a grasp of what is what.

Quantity is not quality.

So you are telling me the fact you have 1475 posts and 834 likes means half your content is pointless?

Because if we look at the last TWO MONTHS: Iyou see I had a way better ratio (635/539) of people "agreeing" with me.

So whos right here? I honestly don't fully understand you post but your logic is still flawed.

Back