• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"Dash Faces" - my new promo-video

alex-ru

Hey, let me present my new DASH video:

Thanks to TanteStefana and Tungfa for their help with script and sound editing.

It'll be nice if Dash community help me to cover direct production expenses -
on my DASH: XxG6WRPA5ef767m37eEbGjK8T1UPAVGdCq
I have lots of additional promo-ideas but can't sponsor them by myself. Thanks!

Please spread the word, everybody - distribute this nice video.
smiley.gif

I think the video is awesome, but I do agree with Basilpops statement on reddit, seems like it doesn't belong in the official youtube channel as it should be kept as a community project.

Reminds me of a religious recruitment video.

Still some quality work though.

Not bad. I don't like the fake forced "professional" smile of the first two girls from the video. It gives an overall impression of kitch and fakery. The rest of the video looks good. The other girls seem natural.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes - this video was just an experiment and not the easy one for me (too many people to manage, too low budget for everything, too different videos to mix).
But finally we got the result - something that we can use as "proof of concept". Now somebody can use this concept to make something better on next level of perfection. :)

By the way - it'll be nice if real community members would take part in the recording of the next similar video - please send me a message if you would like to publish your sincere positive attitude towards Dash - in a good quality video. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a great initiative, compliments to everybody that helped in this project. But I have a few comments on how it could be improved, something to keep in mind in future endeavors:
- I think it was too long for an advertisement of this type. Many people don't have that long of an attention span. Maybe 30s or 59s would suffice. See http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2014/05/02/optimal-length-video-marketing-content-short-possible/
- The backgrounds were kind of mismatched. A white screen for some, a wall, or a home setting for others.
- I immediately noticed the overwhelming majority of women and effort to show diversity. It seems too forced, it was distracting. (maybe that was just me)
- Maybe a simple overlay with some keywords (like private, secure, control, instant, etc) would help viewers internalize dash's features.

That is a great initiative, compliments to everybody that helped in this project. But I have a few comments on how it could be improved, something to keep in mind in future endeavors:
- I think it was too long for an advertisement of this type. Many people don't have that long of an attention span. Maybe 30s or 59s would suffice. See http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2014/05/02/optimal-length-video-marketing-content-short-possible/
- The backgrounds were kind of mismatched. A white screen for some, a wall, or a home setting for others.
- I immediately noticed the overwhelming majority of women and effort to show diversity. It seems too forced, it was distracting. (maybe that was just me)
- Maybe a simple overlay with some keywords (like private, secure, control, instant, etc) would help viewers internalize dash's features.
WOW, cant wait to see your version... oh wait.. let me guess... you're not gonna do one... only like to piss all over someone else's hard work... that's fucked

WOW, cant wait to see your version... oh wait.. let me guess... you're not gonna do one... only like to piss all over someone else's hard work... that's fucked

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constructive_criticism
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constructive-criticism

If you ever actually put hard work in doing any of your videos I would do you the honor of criticizing it like I did with this one.

You guys make great friends! Such troll!

edit: Oh my god I never thought there would be more trolls here than back in WoW..... LOL.

I can fence with the best of em. Bring ittttt.

Can I have gold plis?

Back