• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Multi wallet on Windows Machine

bigrcanada

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hi team,

I've read the previous link on here about how to install multi wallet. I still dont get it. I want to install 3 wallets on a single PC. Currently I have 1 wallet with DASH in it. The other 2 wallets are on separate PC's. I have back ups of those wallets.

What I wish to do is install the 3 wallets in to 3 new folders. Then transfer the wallet.dat that corresponds to each of the unique specific wallets folders. Is this possible? thanks.

Hello bigrcanada.
It is possible.
Do these steps:

1 - create "DASH3WALLETS" folder on your disk
2 - copy the client dash-qt.exe into C:\DASH3WALLETS\
3 - create folder inside of it like: wallet1, wallet2, wallet3
4 - create the shortcut of the client which is in the point "2" and put each of the shortcut in each folder of "wallet1, wallet2 and wallet3
5 - click right mouse on the shortcut and go to the bottom to use "properties"
6 - Change the line of the target for like this: C:\DASH3WALLETS\dash-qt.exe -datadir=C:\DASH3WALLETS\wallet1\ -listen=0
7 - redo the point 5 and 6 for the folders wallet2 and wallet3
8 - copy the "wallet.dat" file of each wallet which has the coins inside the each folder of wallet1, wallet2 and wallet3
9 - you can have 3 wallets opened at the same time.

There was a guide somewhere on the forum but can`t find it neither....

Last edited by a moderator:
what happens to the files in the appdata?

appdata is used if nothing else is specified. You can either use it as a default wallet (besides the three wallets mentioned above) or delete (better: save somewhere else) them.

I use _ALWAYS_ the "-datadir" option to keep my appdata folder completely crypto-currency-free.

a) I have a lot of different crypto-currencies, so appdata whould be VERY crowded.
b) Nasty software like viruses and trojans look there first.

appdata is used if nothing else is specified. You can either use it as a default wallet (besides the three wallets mentioned above) or delete (better: save somewhere else) them.

I use _ALWAYS_ the "-datadir" option to keep my appdata folder completely crypto-currency-free.

a) I have a lot of different crypto-currencies, so appdata whould be VERY crowded.
b) Nasty software like viruses and trojans look there first.
I haven't been able to find a way of changing the target location for a specific wallet. I tried last weekend and they all kept pointing to the appsdata wallet location. Is there an FAQ for this somewhere?

Back