• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Activation Email

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a few days of retrying, but eventually the activation email made it to Outlook.com (which ironically allows every bit of spam through usually)

I have a faucet up at Cointrepid.com, enjoy. Donations welcome at XnYHD4m7R6T8y7oJTSvfSAs6VNFMQc4Nxi as it is currently not sponsored and funded by myself and donors.

You weren't receiving the activation email from this site?
correct, even gave it a few tries... wasn't showing in the spam folder either. Once I changed the registration email to my domain (and set that to forward) did it go through. Something no-likey outlook.

I keep seeing you in my head with the guys at the Armory, in camouflage with your M16 (you'd never be caught dead with an AK 47, right? ... or perhaps the irony would be hard to resist) running around San Francisco, ROFL Plenty of targets there :D

I had the same problem. Tried sending the confirmation 3 times to 2 different Hotmail/Outlook accounts and it never came through, not even in the spam folder. Ended up using Gmail instead.

I had the same problem. Tried sending the confirmation 3 times to 2 different Hotmail/Outlook accounts and it never came through, not even in the spam folder. Ended up using Gmail instead.

Thank you. I'll start researching it today.

This happened to me too when I registered. I just figured there was something set up to block Hotmail for some reason, gmail worked flawlessly.

This happened to me too when I registered. I just figured there was something set up to block Hotmail for some reason, gmail worked flawlessly.

Ok should be taken care of now. I've made an outlook account and tested. Good on my end. If anyone wants to test with a different outlook/hotmail account, please feel free.

Also moving this to "Forum Feedback" Thanks Everyone!

Ok should be taken care of now. I've made an outlook account and tested. Good on my end. If anyone wants to test with a different outlook/hotmail account, please feel free.

Don't have a second to bother testing with, but since I originally reported the incident I've noticed the Live services are picky about SPF records... if the server IP (and/or it's RDNS) is specified in the SPF record I see no reason why it should be blocked.

Just tested with Hotmail again and it accepted it without problems.

Don't have a second to bother testing with, but since I originally reported the incident I've noticed the Live services are picky about SPF records... if the server IP (and/or it's RDNS) is specified in the SPF record I see no reason why it should be blocked.

The SPF records are currently still propagating for this site. They should go through with in the day though.

Just tested with Hotmail again and it accepted it without problems.

Awesome Iv'e updated the SMTP settings so there should be no further problems. :rolleyes:

No further problems are persisting with the emails. Problems were occurring due to address's being missing from some SPF Records.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back