• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash, backed by innovation

I don't fully understand your meaning. Do you mean it will be hard to gain traction with a PayPal alternative because users will just trust the existing services?
In the context of a service being a crypto-currency, nobody needs to know that fact. There is a stigma IMHO. I feel that to be truly competitive with a Paypal, DASH will only need to show it's a better deal, not it's backside. Most hear the word "bitcoin" and if they know what it is, think it's a joke and mostly for drugs.

I was just tossing something out there, I'm not lobbying for anything...... The possibilities are endless with Evolution. It made me think bigger than I should have maybe. :)

Ok I see what you mean now. Yes it's interesting I don't think it can be marketed full-on just as a decentralized option, thats what cryptos do at the minute and users vote with their pocket not their beliefs mostly especially when there are big barriers which is what Dash is trying to remove first. The main thing is DashPay vs Paypal gives you a better deal like you say, then it's faster too. I don't know how many users will then adopt Dash because it's also decentralized, I think it depends on making it easier to buy crypto as well, but either way I think the web market is the big untapped market for cryptos as of yet

In the context of a service being a crypto-currency, nobody needs to know that fact. There is a stigma IMHO. I feel that to be truly competitive with a Paypal, DASH will only need to show it's a better deal, not it's backside. Most hear the word "bitcoin" and if they know what it is, think it's a joke and mostly for drugs.

I was just tossing something out there, I'm not lobbying for anything...... The possibilities are endless with Evolution. It made me think bigger than I should have maybe. :)
Exactly. And it's mostly the best deal for the retailer (no chargebacks, no fees) Get them on board, get them to offer items at a discount if paid for in Dash, and you've got the ball rolling...

Here's another (deep) thought. Is offering solutions to Bitcoin in DASH's best interest? Evan solved their problems. If they adopt it all, what happens to DASH?

I understand the need to buddy up with BTC so Evan gets his (handsome) face out there, but I fear it could be a double edged sword.

Exactly. And it's mostly the best deal for the retailer (no chargebacks, no fees) Get them on board, get them to offer items at a discount if paid for in Dash, and you've got the ball rolling...
Make it easy for them to accept the payments. Cut out all the middle men and stop paying their fees.

I switched from one credit card processor to another. It was only 0.2%. But, in volume... That difference would make the monthly lease payments for a Tesla Model X. So, I've changed nothing about my business operations, and simply took back a slice of the pie that was rightfully mine, and I can buy a really cool car instead of just paying it to someone else for no reason.

That alone is a selling point. It's already works in the existing system, too. Because I just did it. Even if you leave everything else out of the explanation.

"Using DASH will buy you a new car with money you were previously wasting."

Here's another (deep) thought. Is offering solutions to Bitcoin in DASH's best interest? Evan solved their problems. If they adopt it all, what happens to DASH?

I understand the need to buddy up with BTC so Evan gets his (handsome) face out there, but I fear it could be a double edged sword.

Just between us, what Evan did was make us look friendly and helpful, but in actuality, Bitcoin couldn't ever do it, and won't do it, and we all know that. So there was no risk in talking that way :wink: Besides, it's all open source, they're always welcome and able to take it. But by talking that way, people's minds are more open to the ideas, and in another year, when they're still arguing about the block size, LOL, people will move over to Dash, because it just works.

Back