• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ted Talk: 'Astro turfing' and media manipulation tell signs

Sub-Ether

Veteran investigative journalist (and Former CBS NEWS investigative reporter) Sharyl Attkisson shows how "astroturf," or fake grassroots movements, funded by political, corporate, or other special interests very effectively manipulate and distort media messages in wikipedia and and social media.

Astroturfers claim to debunk myths that aren't myths at all, and they question those who question authority not the authority itself.

'increasingly artifical paid for reality'
~~Sharyl Attkisson~~

media-ownership.gif

50% by 2030 energy campaign TV spots in the US...."Make sure the next president is on board with this". The sheep hear these messages and think yeah, that sounds good to me. They don't know it's sponsored by energy lobbies who are only looking out for themselves so their clients can become billionaires.

[rant]
It's no different than these bullshit presidential campaign commercials, really. Hillary saying she will keep Obama care just so Betty (a single welfare mom) in Wisconsin doesn't have to pay $400/mo for her insurance. The problem I have with this bs is that I'm the one paying for Betty's loose legs with my $1,200/mo insurance payment. F*ck anything with Obama attached to it. And f*ck his "terrorist" rhetoric, I swear he's a terrorist himself.
[/rant]

This manipulation shit sickens me and now I'm all worked up again. grrrr! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
50% by 2030 energy campaign TV spots in the US...."Make sure the next president is on board with this". The sheep hear these messages and think yeah, that sounds good to me. They don't know it's sponsored by energy lobbies who are only looking out for themselves so their clients can become billionaires.
[rant]
It's no different than these bullshit presidential campaign commercials, really. Hillary saying she will keep Obama care just so Betty (a single welfare mom) in Wisconsin doesn't have to pay $400/mo for her insurance. The problem I have with this bs is that I'm the one paying for Betty's loose legs with my $1,200/mo insurance payment. F*ck anything with Obama attached to it. And f*ck his "terrorist" rhetoric, I swear he's a terrorist himself.
[/rant]
This manipulation shit sickens me and now I'm all worked up again. grrrr! lol
The worst thing about elections is your neighbours putting up signs for the candidates, like as if it makes a difference, they think this makes them free, pfff.
Here talking of energy, but this time naturally fusion powered, hows this for a the biggest scam of all time,

Back