• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash google trouble

scratchy

Hey Guys,

I see a lot of nice work about dash outside, very nice videos, nice presentation on conferences.

But i currently see a big problem, its the way how we attract new people.

If they try to google for "dash" they only get a bunch of crap.

Also i heard storys that some of them were routed to dashcoin.net instead of dashpay.io, what do you guys think about it?

The problem is most newcomers in crypto will google "dash coin." Because it is Dash coin, isn't it? Although without "coin" in the name but still a coin.

Search engine results are all over the place at the moment. From my understanding there will be some optimization in the future.

Think about it this way. When the team starts spending more time focusing on search engine rankings the results should be much better.

Personally I think branding as Dashpay is the best idea. It takes the "coin" problem away and everything else is already branded that way anyways (website, facebook, twitter, etc).

Last edited:
Search engine results are all over the place at the moment. From my understanding there will be some optimazation in the future.

Think about it this way. When the team starts spending more time focusing on search engine rankings the results should be much better.

Personally I think branding as Dashpay is the best idea. It takes the "coin" problem away and everything else is already branded that way anyways (website, facebook, twitter, etc).
This. The currency should be known as Dash but the virtual company as Dashpay. We can also start coining (no pun intended) the term by using the phrase "Do you Dashpay?" or possibly something less derivative.

The responses to this very legitimate concern is actually kind of disturbing. I assure you being a marketer in E-Commerce since 2008 (and around for all of the ranking changes) that it is not as simple as "when the team pays attention" ....

That sir, is not how this works. The days of "just repeat the word dash in the footer" are long gone... about 8 years gone lol

It was a poor choice of name, there is no other way to look at it. In order to gain traction on results we basically need to prove a higher value than other potential "dash" or "dash coin" results. That's done through analyzing the amount of pages linking in, how long visitors stay when they do find you (especially when in relevance to the search terms you're attempting to rank) and smaller factors like url registration age etc. Also, there is an actual merchant processing payments gateway called Dash. So Dashpay isn't even necessarily much better. Until someone can over hear one of us talking about Dash and just grab their phone to easilly find information themselves we will not get ANY adoption beyond existing crypto enthusiasts. Which is dwindling with the pre-mine trolls.

but honestly, even myself. I watch Dash being dumped mercilessly into the ground, getting 4x its normal volume but not budging or usually decreasing in value... and I honestly cannot help but to see Evan's face just laughing his ass off hitting the sell button on some couple hundred thousand DASH out of the original 1.5m premine...

Last edited by a moderator:
The responses to this very legitimate concern is actually kind of disturbing. I assure you being a marketer in E-Commerce since 2008 (and around for all of the ranking changes) that it is not as simple as "when the team pays attention" ....

That sir, is not how this works. The days of "just repeat the word dash in the footer" are long gone... about 8 years gone lol

Okay Mr. Magic E-Commerce Marketer... Dash is Open Source so if you are so smart and you have such a great solution why not make a budget proposal and see if you can do a better job?

When I said 'team paying attention' I wasn't referring to anything specific regarding marketing, I wasn't suggesting* anyone put 'dash' or 'dashpay' in footers or meta tags. I was suggesting that when the team actually starts spending more time on this and begins performing marketing tasks (whatever those may be), things should get better.

It was a poor choice of name, there is no other way to look at it. In order to gain traction on results we basically need to prove a higher value than other potential "dash" or "dash coin" results

I 100% agree. I never liked the name, voiced my opposition to it since the beginning, but what can we really do? I'm all about another re brand but good luck getting that one over on any of the core members/community.

That's done through analyzing the amount of pages linking in, how long visitors stay when they do find you (especially when in relevance to the search terms you're attempting to rank) and smaller factors like url registration age etc.

Okay? You wanna do it? Or you wanna complain about it more? Why not formulate your ideas and see if the core team will implement any of those ideas?

Also, there is an actual merchant processing payments gateway called Dash. So Dashpay isn't even necessarily much better. Until someone can over hear one of us talking about Dash and just grab their phone to easilly find information themselves we will not get ANY adoption beyond existing crypto enthusiasts.

Dashpay is still better than Dash and current search engine results are proof of that.

but honestly, even myself. I watch Dash being dumped mercilessly into the ground, getting 4x its normal volume but not budging or usually decreasing in value... and I honestly cannot help but to see Evan's face just laughing his ass off hitting the sell button on some couple hundred thousand DASH out of the original 1.5m premine...

And there it is. What you really wanted to say the entire time. Your finisher.

Look your concerns are valid but just about every one of your post on these forums since you got here mention a 'premine' or something of the other. You want people to listen to what you have to say? Why not try to establish yourself as a real community member so we know what your saying is real and not just some lame attempt at fueling fire.

Last edited:
The point is, can we tell people who heard of Dash to "try Dash Crypto"? We can't. We can't know how they will search for Dash. It is a muddle. How to fix that, I have no idea. Google makes it practically impossible. So what do marketers do? Dash is our name, we also go by Dash Pay. We could start using the Pay part, It still works "Dash Pay, like Cash Pay" Or Pay Dash like Pay Cash" By getting the Pay part known as well as the Dash part, people might use it in their searches Also, making some thread that says Dashcoin is not Dash, so that if someone searches Dashcoin, they'll see it.

You know what guys, the trolls have made us jumpy even on our own forum! These concerns people bring up are real concerns and we do need to find solutions. The thing is, I don't think we can get consensus to change the name again, and we need to work with what we have. But if we can't discuss these things creatively and constructively, we'll doom ourselves. Just as the trolls wanted.

Maybe it would help if everyone 'unofficially' refers to Dash as Dashpay., because yes absolutely... googling Dash gets you nowhere.
Even googling 'Dash pay' is bad: http://imgur.com/a2cTHoU

Who actually chose the name anyway... tsk, tsk

Edit: oblox? It was oblox? Well that explains it! :sad::sad:

Last edited by a moderator:
no, the idea went by moli, after all, the maggiority accepted it, I liked old name, was juicy!
anyway I`m already fine with dash too.

That's true, the term is unsearchable. I wanted to post about this before, but I thought not to just write about problems.

Back