• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution at Bitcoin Wednesday

qwizzie

Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution at Bitcoin Wednesday

Published on Oct 22, 2015

This talk was given during the Bitcoin Wednesday conference on 7 October, 2015 when Evan made his "Evolution" announcement.
Evan Duffield is the lead developer and founder of the Dash cryptocurrency.

Q&A Session

added Q&A session dd 25-oct-2015

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and gents, we finally have the Bitcoin Wednesday videos!!!!!!! Sweet. Will be watching once I get home from work.

Watching the Q & A section got me thinking: What would happen if you had a system where masternodes basically merge all current transactions into a single one with a large number of inputs and outputs? The idea would be that in the blockchain it looks like a mixing transaction so you have the anonymity by ambiguity thing going (but the nodes that created the transaction will might have more info that they could save), and then lock it to make it an instantx transaction basically. You could run multiple quorums per block to get around the limit of inputs & outputs in a transaction if necessary, until the point where you reach the maximum block size at least.

I guess I'm missing some detail that renders this idea unfeasible, so if you know what it is, please let me know :)

can we please wait with Social Media Sharing until this is up on Dash YT ?!
tx

Fantastic!

What's with the projector/video sync problem? I'm feeling nauseous. Maybe Mr. Wednesday can edit it somehow...

"...in the future, it's not going to be masternode-based at all, it'll be protocol-based because we want to get away from that. Cause we don't want the masternodes having anything to do with privacy. We'd rather have it happen at the protocol level and then actually, instantaneously have privacy for the whole network..."

--Evan Duffield 7 October, 2015

Christopher-Lloyd-and-Mic-010.jpg

I would appreciate if we can use this link 1st !!
and wait with the other video (but I think that is blown already)

Bitcoin Wednesday (Amsterdam) Video
Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution

Last edited by a moderator:

Q&A session:

credits : dazbarlby

1 video at a time , no need to throw everything out there at the same time !!!

1 today , 1 tomorrow and Dashpay YT links please !!
can you revise your OP ?
tx

I would appreciate if we can use this link 1st !!
and wait with the other video (but I think that is blown already)

Bitcoin Wednesday (Amsterdam) Video
Evan Duffield Explains Dash Technology and Announces Evolution

1 video at a time , no need to throw everything out there at the same time !!!

1 today , 1 tomorrow and Dashpay YT links please !!
can you revise your OP ?
tx

done.. the Q&A part though was already circulating at bitcointalk (as it was referenced there by someone else, thats why i included it here later on).

done.. the Q&A part though was already circulating at bitcointalk (as it was referenced there by someone else, thats why i included it here later on).

tx man
appreciate it
(I know I am a bit of a control freak :rolleyes::wink::eek:)

Fantastic!

What's with the projector/video sync problem? I'm feeling nauseous. Maybe Mr. Wednesday can edit it somehow...

Usually, that happens when the refresh rate of the projector and the shutter speed of the camera are different. For example if the projector uses 50 Hz and the camera's shutter speed is 1/60. It's pretty much impossible to correct that in post, I'm sure they would have done so if they could have.

Does anybody have the skills and software (After Effects etc) to overlay the images of the slides onto the projector screen with motion tracking?

Does anybody have the skills and software (After Effects etc) to overlay the images of the slides onto the projector screen with motion tracking?

You could do that, but it would look cheesy unless you invest a ton of time into grading the overlayed slides so that they fit into the ambient lighting (and if someone moves in front of the screen, that would take still more time do create the masks for that). Also, you would still have the flickering in the rest of the image (reflected light from the projection screen).

Besides, the video creators pretty much solved the issue by showing the slides as inserts, so you can read all the relevant information much better than you could from the filmed screen. So yes, it would be doable, but I don't think the effort would be justified for the results you could get. But you could always pay me to do it :)

This was a great presentation. Got me super pumped up about the future. We can assume that Evans presentations will only get better with each notch he adds to his belt. Anyone know if there will be videos for the presentations by other team members?

Back