• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

How would a trust network work?

stan.distortion

Just been wondering about this one from trust as something like a currency point of view. A lot of thoughts on the internet are on networks like this powering a credit system, how much people would be willing to loan each other and that makes a lot of sense but I'm thinking of trust as a unit, not something you can spend but something you can lose. I'd always thought of it in terms of a single network but play that out and it seems like it ends too much in conforming with the networks ideals, an unlimited number of networks seems to make more sense. Lost after that, seems like its something that could be done with namecoin so I'm guessing the really big issue would be adoption, maybe something that can come after online ID type things take off.

Check the double deposit whitepaper... hope it helps you.

That's certainly something to consider, any number of communications channels could be used and that fit's in with how I was thinking of it, trust within different communities and groups. Not sure how trust could be something visible in it but that's completely contrary to the scenario in the paper and fits into the communications rather than anything transaction related. Cheers.

That's certainly something to consider, any number of communications channels could be used and that fit's in with how I was thinking of it, trust within different communities and groups. Not sure how trust could be something visible in it but that's completely contrary to the scenario in the paper and fits into the communications rather than anything transaction related. Cheers.

:)
Yeah... double deposits take trust out of the equation... different angle

Something with that, its a clean air-gap and can operate with complete security, every action can be verified and any action need verification if need be. Surprised the messaging doesn't get more attention, the implications of simply leaving the hash of a document in it are huge and it could go anywhere beyond that.

Back