• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Budget Proposal] DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open Campaign Reimbursement

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
mnbudget vote a64c67c6d3cc6588fe8fe3c20c2ac1033296db9bf6eb2e1f1254b4b89bc8d765 yes

I believe I am eligible to submit my expenses for the "DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open" campaign, which specific amounts were made public to the community at dashtalk.org/threads/dash-on-the-aquidaba-tennis-open.5424, as I have not been able to receive this reimbursement directly from the community, neither through my first attempt with the contribution address XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W, nor with my follwing attempt with the offer for the selling of the remaining caps.

I submit here for the community appreciation the reimbursement of 257.68166089 DASH, that have been used to cover the necessary expenses with the DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open campaign, in accordance with the following

Expense Details

TOTAL BRL 2,234.10 = 257.68166089 DASH (DASH-BRL price "8.67" according to DASHnegocios.com)

- Printed Material: BRL 509.00
  • 1000 flyers: BRL 210.00
  • 01 Banner (175cm x 40cm): BRL 49.00
  • 02 Banners (80cm x 60cm): BRL 70.00
  • 500 Cards: BRL 180.00
2e49jdh.jpg

- The T-Shirts costs were shared with all the other sponsors. I have contributed with BRL 200.00;

- The Cap: BRL 1,525.10;
2qda6om.jpg

The reimbursement payment will be directed to the original contribution address for the campaign, at XqmYyTcrxhe9FvmdAvZ3u15NVeLZqfqT8W.

For more information on the DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open, please refer to:
Please, vote:
mnbudget vote a64c67c6d3cc6588fe8fe3c20c2ac1033296db9bf6eb2e1f1254b4b89bc8d765 yes

I remain at your disposal.

Thank you.

Ivan Liborio
Raganius

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you estimated effectiveness of your initiative?
I mean "average cost of attracting a new Dash user" and such parameters...

Would you recommend to repeat such actions? (I guess that various Internet PR is more cost effective than offline actions?)...

Is there any other results? Maybe photos from the event we can use in DASH International promotion?

Excuse me for the "inconvenient" questions, but I think investors (MN OPs) will be interested in answers in any case...

Would you recommend to repeat such actions? (I guess that various Internet PR is more cost effective than offline actions?)...

Is there any other results? Maybe photos from the event we can use in DASH International promotion?

Excuse me for the "inconvenient" questions, but I think investors (MN OPs) will be interested in answers in any case...
I think direct in person promotion is much more effective than Internet promotion. raganius took it upon himself to take the initiative and sponsor this event, creating interest in the currency, and I believe he should be reimbursed for it. Your questions are valid, though, and should be discussed for any future endeavours.

EDIT: Voted, and my votes were counted right away, with no problems! Love this decentralized voting! :grin:

Done.
mnbudget vote-many a64c67c6d3cc6588fe8fe3c20c2ac1033296db9bf6eb2e1f1254b4b89bc8d765 yes

and I believe he should be reimbursed for it. Your questions are valid, though, and should be discussed for any future endeavours.

Sorry, guys, but let me disagree...

This voting isn't about "Is raganius a good guy or not?"
I bet everybody will vote "raganius is super-cool guy, full of ideas and is very important for Dash community".
Personally I am very inspired by his enthusiasm!!!

But. If Decentralized budgeting is spending on non-effective actions - This means only one thing - "It doesn't work correct!"
The worse thing is - everybody will see it doesn't work correct and it means the whole Dash project has a big problem... with all the consequences.
And this is very dangerous precedent. :(

If this voting was BEFORE those action and expenses - It may look quite justified - "System vote for testing of new way of promotion and so on".

So if some action was ineffective (I hope it wasn't) - I believe it shouldn't be financed by 10% fund and discredit this System - And everybody who want to support raganius - instead of voting "yes" - may just send him a kind of donation to compensate these expenses.

IMHO.

P.S.
raganius - I do like your initiatives and hope you won't get me wrong - nothing personal!

How do you estimate the "effectiveness" of an initiative? How do you estimate the value of any volunteer's labor that has been contributed into this project?

And raganius has not only contributed his labor, but also money and time. How do you estimate all that??????

How do you estimate the "effectiveness" of an initiative?

I don't know really...

Maybe number of visitors on dashpay.io from Brazil?
Or maybe number of wallet downloads from there?
Or number of new Brasilian users on Dashtalk?

What is your idea? Or do you want to say we don't need to optimise effectiveness of all spendings?

I bet everybody will vote "raganius is super-cool guy, full of ideas and is very important for Dash community".

But. If Decentralized budgeting is spending on non-effective actions - This means only one thing - "It doesn't work correct!"
The worse thing is - everybody will see it doesn't work correct and it means the whole Dash project has a big problem... with all the consequences.

If this voting was BEFORE those action and expenses - It may look quite justified - "System vote for testing of new way of promotion and so on".

So if some action was ineffective (I hope it wasn't) - I believe it shouldn't be financed by 10% fund and discredit this System - And everybody who want to support raganius - instead of voting "yes" - may just send him a kind of donation to compensate these expenses.

IMHO.

P.S.
raganius - I do like your initiatives and hope you won't get me wrong - nothing personal!
So you're saying raganius 's project is ineffective. If we go by your judging, the whole marketing team has been a failure by looking at the price right now. So much donation has gone in press releases and now the budget is set for the marketing, we don't even know what we're spending on, do we? So if we go by your judging, why should we even bother to spend money on marketing???

Why picking on another member who's trying to help us all? I do like you, alex, but this is just wrong. I've seen more internal stabbing in this community, and it has to stop. I don't see any attacks from bitcoiners or any other competitors but just the dash people and i do not understand or appreciate this. it's a shame, don't you think?

IMHO.

P.S.

I understand where you are coming from, but let me share a story. I used to be one of two assistant managers at a store. The other was an older lady that lived some distance away (across town). Because she was an early riser and because she wanted to avoid rush hour traffic, she would always get to work early and get the store ready to open.

Nobody else wanted the job of arriving early and opening, but LeAnne did it every day. Nobody asked her to, she just did it. Once, she asked our boss if she could leave a few minutes early since she always comes in early. Our boss said "LeAnne, nobody asked you to come in early. You did that on your own. So no, you may not go home early."

I've always thought that was pretty lousy. If Raganius went off and did some multithousand dollar promotion expecting to get repaid, I'd feel differently. But he did something good on his own initiative, at relatively small cost, without expecting to get compensated for it. Why shouldn't he have his costs covered? If we discourage this kind of initiative, we could well miss out on some great opportunities.

I will be voting yes tonight.

it's a shame, don't you think?

My remarks were not about raganius, tennis or "picking on another member" - but about my opinion how Budgeting System should work in general (effectively!) to attract serious investors.

But it seems I still can't express complex ideas in English and not offending people personally. :( So I'd better shut up now. :)

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Let MN OPs vote.

Points for consideration :

* the Aquidabã Tennis Open Campaign was publicly discussed on both the Dashtalk forum and the Bitcointalk forum at the time
* its a one-time reimbursement of a relative small amount of Dash
* it could motivate OP to do this kind of marketing again next year (through the budget proposal system at forehand i hope)
* its time we as community put in a budget proposal and back it up with our votes successfully, i can live with this being that budget proposal for next super-block

lets just stay calm and analyse each budget proposal rational and vote accordingly.

My remarks were not about raganius, tennis or "picking on another member" - but about my opinion how Budgeting System should work in general (effectively!) to attract serious investors.

But it seems I still can't express complex ideas in English and not offending people personally. :( So I'd better shut up now. :)

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Let MN OPs vote.
It's not just now but i saw how you didn't support raganius from the beginning with his project. I do not understand why you don't support him, it's the question you have to answer to yourself. But I respect and admire raganius for sticking out his neck and doing all this amazing work ALONE in Brazil. The least he should have from you is respect, and mental and emotional support as teamwork, if you truly care about this coin. But it's up to you.

I will definitely vote yes.
raganius did all this from his pocket when the budgeting was still in deep field. The fruits as always come after a year or years after planting so I keep believing that what you do today will have positive impact in the future.
This is one time shoot and not big neither.
raganius you deserve to be reimbursed.
Cheers and keep the good work rolling on.

I tend to agree with Alex. I think that we are all free to spend money to promote Dash in our home countries or within our social groups or business networks; that doesn't mean we should pay back everyone who has an initiative. Most of Dash effort should remain volunteer from my point of view.

Again, the cool thing about this is it will be settled via vote, so no need to fight :).

Pablo.

Yeas 60, Nays 0 thus far...

In the future, these initiatives will be voted on in advance, alex-ru, but for this effort which was taken upon well before the DGBB was established, the amount is reasonable.

The question is, did Dash benefit from this action? In this sense, like moli said, it's hard to quantify. Future spending plans will most definitely have to answer these questions in advance moving forward.

I think people that make proposals need to have open minds about the kind of responses they will get from other community members. alex-ru makes some very good points and asks some very good questions that not everyone might think of on their own. We also need to remember that this budget system is still very new and for someone to make a proposal takes a lot of courage. Alex now says that he will keep quiet which I don't think is going to help future proposals. We need questions asked, we need to question proposals and people making proposals should have as many answers as they possibly can to help make their case. There two sides to a fence, sometimes people are on top of the fence and need a little nudge.

I'll be voting yes.

I think the key is to take emotions + ego out of these proposals !

People should not (please) take it personal if a proposal gets approved or not.
we are still in the very early stages of this, so we as the community + Dev Team + Code still are learning our way around this !
We should all give it some time, and we will be so much better in it.

Opinions should be expressed, i agree
no offence should be taken (easier said than done)

I am not sure why everybody is casting their vote here in public,
i will vote too
but i will not tell you guys how i vote
as that is between me and my MN's (incl Code)
:wink:

Back