• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Donation Game!

Ostrow

Hello beautiful Darkcoin People!
I've been running the site http://altcoingraphs.com for a few months now… One thing that I have learned is there is not a lot of money in a site people just consume. Ads are nice and annoying but far from profitable enough to even cover the server costs. So after a few too many beers one day, i had an idea. A simple donation game where you get paid out based on how much you have donated!

http://drk.altcoindonationgame.com

It's easy to play.
- Enter a valid Darkcoin address
- Send some DRK to your new donation address and you will start getting paid out as new donations come in.
- Last confirmed donation for each round wins the Jackpot.
That's all there is to it! Have fun and spread the word!!

Since you have a count down to the end of the round couldn't someone just donate at the last second constantly to win the jackpot?

You're not entered until you reach the 3 confirmations. So it really comes down to the speed of your transaction over the blockchain. If you were to wait until the last second, you would just end up being one of the first donations in the next round, which isn't bad either ;)

You're not entered until you reach the 3 confirmations. So it really comes down to the speed of your transaction over the blockchain. If you were to wait until the last second, you would just end up being one of the first donations in the next round, which isn't bad either ;)

I know but you figure you know the time between blocks and if you include a transaction fee you can almost guarantee the transaction will be in the next block so you send something roughly 7.5 minutes before it ends and you win.

True, you could give yourself a much better chance by understanding how the blockchain works and paying a bigger transaction fee, but so could anyone else. In the end it only helps your odds. The jackpot winner is chosen based on the time it gets processed by the game daemon, not on the blockchain time itself.
So there are a lot of moving parts. Feel free to win it though!!

I should also note, even though it shouldn't ever happen due to the way the transactions are processed by the game daemon. I do have it coded in so if there is a tie on the jackpot down to the second, it will be evenly split between all those addresses.

Back