• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

WTS Dash Art Lotterie [tickets]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would make sense for point C if there are not enough tickets sold, to pick a winner, and offer the option to the winner to either buy the remaining tickets needed for the sale,or allow another potential winner to buy remaining tickets. If there are still no takers funds get donated.

I'm ok with the terms except for point C, which instead of there not being a winner we should take the number from the next hash, until a winner is eventually found as Sub-Ether suggested.

This is a valid point, except there is no guarantee the ticket sale would cover the total cost for the artwork.
Imagine only 100 tickets sold in total ... he would be forced to "sell" the artwork at an undervalued cost.

My model mimics usual typical social lotteries, where if a winner is not found, the funds are given away to charities for the good of societal enterprise. In this case it's not a charity, so if no winner is found, Zoran gets a very warm "thank you" for his dedication to our project.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a better chance of filling all the tickets if we just do one piece, imho. How much demand do we have? It's almost 1200 Dash. Paging Otoh...

I agree. I think it's a bit too ambitious to go for all five at once. If the raffle for one piece is successful perhaps we can buy a bit of time and then put up a second

But then Zoran won't get the full amount for the piece

Ok, How about this for point C...

If less than 256 tickets are sold the winner will be asked to make up the difference. If there is no winner we should take the number from the next hash, until a winner is eventually found and then the winner will be asked to make up the difference. If the winner choses not to make up the difference the next winning block will be used and that winner will be asked to make up the difference. This will be repeated up to 10 times until the winner agrees to make up the difference, or if none of the winners agree to make up the difference then the DASH will be donated to Zoran.

This gives a pretty high chance of a winner been found and Zoran getting the full price for the art work.

For the poll, either escrow party is good with me. And for the last one, go with dazman's suggestion. That is perfect.

If less than 256 tickets are sold the winner will be asked to make up the difference. If there is no winner we should take the number from the next hash, until a winner is eventually found and then the winner will be asked to make up the difference. If the winner choses not to make up the difference the next winning block will be used and that winner will be asked to make up the difference. This will be repeated up to 10 times until the winner agrees to make up the difference, or if none of the winners agree to make up the difference then the DASH will be donated to Zoran.

This gives a pretty high chance of a winner been found and Zoran getting the full price for the art work.

Noe this make a heck of a lot of sense.

I'd like to see some more votes first to see whats the item with highest demand to start with

Ok, so can we get some deposit addresses so we can get this going.

Lets wait a bit until we have a solid community consensus. Nothing has been definitely agreed on.

One thing about the poll though, seriously, this is for 1 artwork! More is just chaos right now.
Zoran has very kindly included shipping fees to the price, so lets not abuse the artist ;)

Had an additional thought...

If we reach the point in which the DASH is donated to Zoran, can Zoran agree that he will put up the art work for sale to the community with the price of "the difference" for 1 month and if it's not sold after 1 month then he may do what he wants with it. But doing this will increase the chance of this great art staying in the DASH community as somebody will probably snap it up at the cheaper price.

Lets wait a bit until we have a solid community consensus. Nothing has been definitely agreed on.
I see MangledBlue has a dash address in the signature above. I am real tempted to hit the send button..... LOL. I guess I'll sit tight until everyone is satisfied.

I'll be back tomorrow (12h+). Hope we have enought votes until then to know what item we start with and which address you have to send to.
You will have to do this steps:

1. (!!!) post your address from where sending, amount of dash and favourite ticket(s) numbers in this thread. first come first serve. if you don't post ticket numbers I'll choose randomly. you can buy multiple tickets at once, but please calculate accurate!

2. send the amount to escrow, I'll update the excel sheet from time to time (and/or give access to escrow person)

I see MangledBlue has a dash address in the signature above. I am real tempted to hit the send button..... LOL. I guess I'll sit tight until everyone is satisfied.

that's a donation addy
lol - feel free to donate :p

Good idea but, if we dont sell all the tickets there are not enough funds.
true,

One thing about the poll though, seriously, this is for 1 artwork! More is just chaos right now.
Zoran has very kindly included shipping fees to the price, so lets not abuse the artist ;)

only 1 artwork is better, I would be surprised if there was enough interest to take all the tickets, but we could reach one.

I have a suggestion if it came up short, (could be way short, who knows), the winner is unlikely to want to pay the large difference and likewise its unfair for Zoran to sell it for half the value.
If the winner does not want to pay the diff then the total pot is split 50/50 between Zoran and the winner, helps Zoran keep them on the market and still have a lottery winner and make happy chappies all round, sound fair ?

true,

only 1 artwork is better, I would be surprised if there was enough interest to take all the tickets, but we could reach one.

I have a suggestion if it came up short, (could be way short, who knows), the winner is unlikely to want to pay the large difference and likewise its unfair for Zoran to sell it for half the value.
If the winner does not want to pay the diff then the total pot is split 50/50 between Zoran and the winner, helps Zoran keep them on the market and still have a lottery winner and make happy chappies all round, sound fair ?

I has it's pros and cons - I'd down vote this.... sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back