• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

x11 is one of the few algorithms which favours Nvidia ??

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
true ?

"I noticed this on the Dashninja faq but was interested cause that would explain why there is so much hash yet it's so unprofitable to mine"

any idea about this ?
tx

true ?

Somewhere last year you could get the most MHash/Watt from Nvidia cards, so that may let to that statement in the FAQ.

No idea if that's still true (didn't mine for the last 6 months) , but when Wolf0 says it ain't so it most probably ain't so :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
More a case of Nvidia has better software for optimizing X11?

More time spent on it. sp_ spends a lot of time working on Nvidia miner optimization, but despite having said he would, he hasn't touched AMD. Now, I'm not disparaging him in any way, but I kind of wonder if Nvidia is paying him, lol. Paid or not, he's pretty good.

More time spent on it. sp_ spends a lot of time working on Nvidia miner optimization, but despite having said he would, he hasn't touched AMD. Now, I'm not disparaging him in any way, but I kind of wonder if Nvidia is paying him, lol. Paid or not, he's pretty good.
Hadn't thought of that, of course it would swing sales wouldn't it, and make people upgrade quicker.
simple answer for that, someone gotta explain to AMD that it is in their interests to pay wolf some tips towards his new abode.

Hadn't thought of that, of course it would swing sales wouldn't it, and make people upgrade quicker.
simple answer for that, someone gotta explain to AMD that it is in their interests to pay wolf some tips towards his new abode.

LOL, that would be awesome.

Back