• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

He just does know how the system works

You're not downloading a program - Block-chains take a lot more time to Download
To download the same size as a program will take no time at all....

Blockchain is not much different than a program. Only thing that can slow down the process is validation, but my CPU is still not being used at more than 12% so.. what can u say?
Yep, I propose you submit a PR for your patch then. Should be no problem for you as a programmer.

Have a nice evening.
Fund me and I will do it.

This guy obviously has no clue what's going on here

where's that ignore button......???

edit - found it

This guy obviously has no clue what's going on here

where's that ignore button......???

edit - found it

Mr.Ignore, tell me then why cant blockchain be downloaded at full speed if its not a protocol flaw.

He said 8 connections, if they all reseed at 10 KB/s ofc it wont download at more than 80 KB/s.

I think you're just a mislead boy licking ass of members with "Developer" under their name.

Mr.Ignore, tell me then why cant blockchain be downloaded at full speed if its not a protocol flaw.

He said 8 connections, if they all reseed at 10 KB/s ofc it wont download at more than 80 KB/s.

I think you're just a mislead boy licking ass of members with "Developer" under their name.

I don't want to get in the middle of your rage comment spree, but seeing how sync works fine for most people, and not so well for your friend, don't you think that this might be some local problem?

[...]

I will not discuss anything further in this tone.

If you are unhappy with how the current protocol is implemented: love it, leave it or change it. I am working since 15 months unfunded on this project and you are the first now on my ignore list.

UdjinM6 Eduffield

i'm getting some conflicted transactions now (Testdash4) and also some not confirming transactions from 30 minutes ago (Testdash5)

6dR3Guv.jpg

It looks like we just don't have enough miners on v42 yet, I have 61 transactions I'm mining atm

{
"blocks" : 82854,
"currentblocksize" : 11718,
"currentblocktx" : 11,
"difficulty" : 0.02403653,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : 1,
"networkhashps" : 624025,
"pooledtx" : 61,
"testnet" : true,
"chain" : "test",
"generate" : true,
"hashespersec" : 96
}

Isn't the whole blockchain download part the same as in bitcoin anyways?
Sure, it's 100% identical code. And the Bitcoin 0.9 protocol is inefficient. Bitcoin v0.10 already improved this a lot, by introducing headers first algorithm, so we should see significant download improvement when Dash v12 goes live.

I don't want to get in the middle of your rage comment spree, but seeing how sync works fine for most people, and not so well for your friend, don't you think that this might be some local problem?

It works fine. It synced. But it can work better.

I am sorry I upset you flare. That blue guy was talking out of his ass and he upset me.

Isn't the whole blockchain download part the same as in bitcoin anyways?
Yeah. I loled when that blue guy said it cannot be improved, he cant even answer why. Networking is my strong side and it certainly CAN be better.

20 gb blockchain on BTC takes weeks to download. It cannot be improved? If you ask me, I say bullshit.

Sure, it's 100% identical code. And the protocol is inefficient. Bitcoin v0.10 already improved this a lot, by introducing headers first algorithm, so we should see significant download improvement when Dash v12 goes live.

Headers first ok, but its not solved completely until we see clients downloading at maximum potential.

You work without funding, ok. You have a job, I have university. I need money, I can't just spend my free time working on DASH because I simply dont have free time.

It looks like we just don't have enough miners on v42 yet, I have 61 transactions I'm mining atm

{
"blocks" : 82854,
"currentblocksize" : 11718,
"currentblocktx" : 11,
"difficulty" : 0.02403653,
"errors" : "",
"genproclimit" : 1,
"networkhashps" : 624025,
"pooledtx" : 61,
"testnet" : true,
"chain" : "test",
"generate" : true,
"hashespersec" : 96
}

okay, i stopped the DS mixing for now to see if my backlog of transactions get confirmed or not and put setgenerate true 2 on one of my wallets..

Headers first ok, but its not solved completely until we see clients downloading at maximum potential.

You work without funding, ok. You have a job, I have university. I need money, I can't just spend my free time working on DASH because I simply dont have free time.
Hey, you might be a good programmer but we don't know until we see your code. Why don't you submit your PR like flare said, and now with the budget system going to be put in place, i'm sure you will be compensated.

Hey, you might be a good programmer but we don't know until we see your code. Why don't you submit your PR like flare said, and now with the budget system going to be put in place, i'm sure you will be compensated.

This is not about me being a good coder or being shit coder.

I said important is faster blockchain sync. I got answers back: "Impossible" and "This kid dont know what he talk about".

When the funding system is up and people fund me ill improve it. Not working for free, sorry.

Ok, here is the testing video, which demos 3 problems.

Video resolution: 1255 x 695
Duration: 21 minutes

Index (min:sec):
1: DS settings does not update 0:11
2: DS start mixing delay 0:47
3: First unconfirmed denom 2:37
4: Third unconfirmed denom 5:00
5: More unconfirmed denom 12:54
6: 5 unconfirmed denom 18:28
7: DS stop mixing delay 18:53
8: Wallet restart and conflicted 19:40

http://ajm-inc.net/tDASH_Testing/tDASH-Testing1-11-08-2015-2016.html
"Formating system drive now, please wait"
LOL
:grin::grin::grin:

PS. I guess I finally understand what you mean by "delay" and I just never realized that you were talking about that. Preparing a fix now :smile:

flare darkstrike420 No need to fight each other, fight M*nero trolls on btct if you're trying to find a way to waste you time :grin:

darkstrike420 yes, there is always some room for improvements but there is also only 24h in a day. For most people V12 (and even v11) syncs quite fast so far and you only need to do this once. With that being said, no offense but we have bigger issues to fix and ideas to implement until blockchain will take weeks to download.:wink:

Back