• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Mixing test, win wallet crashed, but i think it was because there was only 7 masternodes online at that time.

It might help once we are done with all the implementation changes if we circled around back and updated the required verbiage so that everything matches up.

If you wanted to be extra proper you'd also have everyone reconfirm their votes of support based on the final draft of the new system. I doubt many would change their votes but to be respectful of democratic process and to give less ammunition to the troll's it might have some merit.

Since we are basically solving the problem for e-voting it would be nice to follow all of the proper democratic processes to get there.

I respectfully submit that you ARE voting when you make the necessary actions to update your nodes. If you don't like what eduffield and the team have done, then vote with your nodes and don't update.

I think it's a little silly to ask the community to vote again and again on this, especially when the only vote that matters is "Will the community update their nodes or not?"

Evan did the best he could to follow the spirit of the original proposal. Miners and masternodes are free to keep running version 11 if they'd rather, and if enough people continue to run version 11, then there's your vote! If not, you'll eventually get kicked off by enforcement.

I've been running 3 wallets, and had downgraded each to v11, losing all coins but still had all unresolved transactions.
After upgrading back to v12, still had no coins, still just unresolved transactions - which I removed using -zapwallet.

In each version change, I had tried combinations of starting wallets using and not using -reindex, with and without txindex=1 in .conf,
even deleting all except wallet.dat and dash.conf - but I never could recover the coins.

So now I've finally given in - I hit the faucets and start from scratch...
Lol... is that approx. what I was supposed to be doing?

I've been running 3 wallets, and had downgraded each to v11, losing all coins but still had all unresolved transactions.
After upgrading back to v12, still had no coins, still just unresolved transactions - which I removed using -zapwallet.

In each version change, I had tried combinations of starting wallets using and not using -reindex, with and without txindex=1 in .conf,
even deleting all except wallet.dat and dash.conf - but I never could recover the coins.

Yes... lol... I thought I could meet up with my coins too when we were back in the future, but Udjin told me "they are in parallel universe with alternate history now" lol

Btw, coingun, I lost all 88k tDASH you gave me... I'm sorry :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

LOL :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Correct!

chain2.png

Thats what happened ~

Yes... lol... I thought I could meet up with my coins too when we were back in the future, but Udjin told me "they are in parallel universe with alternate history now" lol

Btw, coingun, I lost all 88k tDASH you gave me... I'm sorry :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

LOL :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

So everybody lost their coins? It wasn't just me?

observations with v0.12.0.37

Syncing goes very fast again (24 weeks of syncing in 3 minutes)
Connecting to peers is fast again
i too had to use -zapwallettxes to get rid of some conflicted mixing transactions

I'm will try to do some mixing with a few wallets now.

Last edited by a moderator:
observations with v0.12.0.37

Syncing goes very fast again (24 weeks of syncing in 3 minutes)
Connecting to peers is fast again
i too had to use -zapwallettxes to get rid of some conflicted mixing transactions

I'm will try to do some mixing with a few wallets now.
There is only 10 mn, so tell me tomorrow did your wallet crash when you try mixing.
My wallet crashed with 7 mn and mix test.
Bed time.

Edit hahaa, 700 msgs

So I suppose it was best to get more coins right away after downgrading to v11, but where did those coins come from? Who still had coins?
And please tell me those coins didn't also vanish when upgrading back to v12...

Edit: that is, who still had access to coins (of course they would still be in the blockchain)

There is only 10 mn, so tell me tomorrow did your wallet crash when you try mixing.
My wallet crashed with 7 mn and mix test.
Bed time.

Edit hahaa, 700 msgs

its at 17 DS capable masternodes right now and my windows wallets are not crashing yet (and also not mixing yet but i think the mixing needs a bit more time)

edit 1 : they are actually starting to mix now
edit 2 : we could use a bit more mining power
edit 3 : mining power is fine now

Reactions: AjM
So I suppose it was best to get more coins right away after downgrading to v11, but where did those coins come from? Who still had coins?
And please tell me those coins didn't also vanish when upgrading back to v12...

Edit: that is, who still had access to coins (of course they would still be in the blockchain)

The blockchain was set back in time to before(!) v0.12.0.x blocks started...whatever coins you had before this time are still there, everything else is in Udjin's parallel universe.

Back