• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Encompass - The premier multi-currency electrum wallet (incl Dash) ??!!

Is this legit
anybody tried that out ??

One of the first multi-currency cryptocoin wallets in the world!
Keeps your funds secure with Encompass.
Store BTC, LTC, MZC, VIA, and DASH in a single wallet

https://maza.club/encompass

It seems to be a great wallet option. These are the two main qualities that gets my interest (quoted):
  • Protection - Backups are a thing of the past! Your wallet can be recovered anytime, anywhere using your secret seed.
  • Ubiquitous - You can use the same wallet on different computers simultaneously, they will synchronize.
I find this "deterministic wallet" system a great way to make things easier/safer for the (so called) "civilian users". I've been trying to learn more about this subject, in order to introduce such wallets to these new users safely.

Another advantage can be the fact that It is a "lightweight" client, and for DASH, with our Masternodes, that's not at all a concern (while it can be a problem for other currencies, like BTC, for example).

It seems to be a great wallet option. These are the two main qualities that gets my interest (quoted):
  • Protection - Backups are a thing of the past! Your wallet can be recovered anytime, anywhere using your secret seed.
  • Ubiquitous - You can use the same wallet on different computers simultaneously, they will synchronize.
I find this "deterministic wallet" system a great way to make things easier/safer for the (so called) "civilian users". I've been trying to learn more about this subject, in order to introduce such wallets to these new users safely.

Another advantage can be the fact that It is a "lightweight" client, and for DASH, with our Masternodes, that's not at all a concern (while it can be a problem for other currencies, like BTC, for example).
It's just a lightweight wallet that has no MN, DS, and IX features. And right now it's on just a few Dash servers...

What I need is a "simple" wallet that can be used safely by "regular" merchants accepting DASH: so, features like DS or even IX are actually not much needed. The most important is that it is safe for the shop owner or service provider to use it to receive their payments from day-by-day clients.

edit: I am trying to figue out, for example, if our android wallet can do the job.

edit 2: people have been complaining a lot about this specific subject: backups. They find everything quite risky... but I believe that with a deterministic wallet it can be much safer and less scary.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I need is a "simple" wallet that can be used safely by "regular" merchants accepting DASH: so, features like DS or even IX are actually not much needed. The most important is that it is safe for the shop owner or service provider to use it to receive their payments from day-by-day clients.

edit: I am trying to figue out, for example, if our android wallet can do the job.
Yes I agree. When we switched from litecoin to bitcoin code base we had wallet problems that Bittrex had to use darkcoil, a lightweight wallet that vertoe wrote based from DRK wallet v.9.xx.xx before it was discontinued.. Right now we can make Dash wallet to disable DS by using -litemode=1 but it's still a full blockchain wallet. So maybe merchants can use Dash wallet like that?

Is this legit
anybody tried that out ??

One of the first multi-currency cryptocoin wallets in the world!
Keeps your funds secure with Encompass.
Store BTC, LTC, MZC, VIA, and DASH in a single wallet

https://maza.club/encompass
It is :)

Maybe - but we have other plans for Electrum-style servers in the future.

Encompass (a fork of Electrum) is the only one supporting Dash (any other custom version wouldn't make sense - so easy to add a coin to Encompass). It is already working as a normal client, with 3-4 servers supporting it. Furthermore, I am currently testing their implementation with Trezor support. Trezor has committed a pull-request to include Dash in their firmware 1.3.3 (trezor/trezor-mcu/coin.c) (already on Github, but yet to be released as a signed version by SatoshiLabs). Once SatoshiLabs releases their next firmware, Encompass will automatically support the Trezor. I haven't found any bugs so far. Encompass supports BTC, LTC, DASH, MZC, VIA (only the last two don't have Trezor support yet - SatoshiLabs don't believe that they have enough Market cap to include them in their firmware...). With Encompass, only one click is needed to swap between coin wallets, and the same Trezor wallet can accommodate all three coins on one unit. The first true Multi-coin HW wallet in the world! Encompass made it possible - version 0.5.0 is what you are looking for. If you want to experiment with their beta version at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass and provide them with feedbacks - it would be great!

So far three Encompass (Electrum) DASH servers have upgraded to v0.12:
- drk1.electrum-servers.us
- electrum.dash.siampm.com
- electrum-drk.club

We are still waiting for the following servers to upgrade:
- electrum.darkcointalk.org (Propulsion)
- drk.p2pay.com

Edited
Is there a DASH electrum server guide? I tried going off several bitcoin guides but got stuck. Also does the news of Evolution change the use of electrum servers? or would they still be relevant?

Back