• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH on the Aquidabã Tennis Open

I have already packed almost half the caps received inside the "kit", ready for distribution (a boring, repetitive, task... but made easier by my doing it while watching the interesting Antonopoulos interview suggested by Tante) :cool:

b6wuop.jpg

Since I was a kid, I've always had a passion for tennis, but I was already a teenager the first time I've ever been to a tennis court, that was when I finally had the capacity to make some decisions for myself, and one of my first ones was to start learning and paying tennis (another important decision I took then was to learn English - fortunatelly :wink:). Stll, unfortunatelly, during univesity I had to quit (... here in Brazil non-soccer sports are not very stimulated ...) and since then I have stayed away from tennis. Now that my life is much more "balanced" I am possible to dedicate myself more to my passions.

This is already an yearly tennis tournament here in Angra dos Reis (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil). The idea I had was to have DASH promoted during this event. I saw that as a great opportunity.

Our community should always grab similar opportunities, because DASH must be present in sports events: it's a perfect mach! It sounds a little better marketing than the "dark markets" for example (even though I believe each and every user/market/promotion is important and must be respected - even the so called dark ones).

Usually such sports events attract a great public, many potential DASH users.

Our community should, IMO, look forward to have DASH promoted in as many local sport events as possible. With time, the audience will recognise DASH as "the cryptocurrency that supports sports". DASH logo will be promptly recognised and our community will surelly boost.

I would love to see this DASH promotion that I have started repeated in all the next years editions of the Aquidabã Tennis Open.

Even better, if from now on we see DASH promoted in many other local tennis tournaments (or even in any other sports events worldwide). Each member of the community could work for it to become a reality in their own towns. I am sure that our network of potential business peers will increase exponentially.

Usually such sports events attract a great public, many potential DASH users.

I am not sure if Brazilian tennis lovers could become DASH users in nearest years...

but... I definitely sure that your photos (main part of whole idea!) from this tournament and DASH logos everywhere on them - will help us to promote DASH all round the world - basically for people who have never played tennis! :grin:

I am not sure if Brazilian tennis lovers could become DASH users in nearest years...

but... I definitely sure that your photos (main part of whole idea!) from this tournament and DASH logos everywhere on them - will help us to promote DASH all round the world - basically for people who have never played tennis! :grin:

lol i guess even nerds do some sports eventually :grin:

I am not so sure that "the civillian people" could not be attracted to DASH with such promotions. Actually that's the way to do it, IMO... or else, it would make no sense "wasting" money on marketing anyway.... :wink:

The idea with marketing is making the "trademark" known to as many potential users as possible. But for that IMHO we do not HAVE to depend on paid agencies/entities/people (that's how it sounds to me to be the trend being adopted by DASH anyway)

I do believe that the "masses" will adopt DASH if the marketing is efficient enough ...

... Now, for the nerd communitty, there's no real need of "marketing": it is enough that DASH is the best/safest/most efficient cryptocurrency, and they will come.

I confess that, with little/dubious feedback, I am feeling a little disoriented on what can I do to help DASH. DASH should decide if we need or if we do not need marketing... and we must keep the focus in what we decide, because if the community members are in tune with what matters for the community everything will flow "more" easily. But users need to know clearly what "matters" at the moment for the community, in order to be able to help.

Anyway, I still hope there will be some good returns from these efforts of mine, because it's not easy :smile:

yo
the tennis community are more mid class people than (example) soccer fans !
so the tennis approach is totally right !
any action brings a reaction, sure this will create ripples !
is he gonna convert 400 Tennis fans, i do not think so,
but if he manages to convert 10 (low example) it is already a win win as 10 new people tell their 3 best friends ....
do i really have to spill out what the positive in this event is ?

this is a proper grass roots effort and respect to raganius for taking this on
as grass roots is the hardest way to go (none of us have ever done anything like this)

"DASH all round the world - basically for people who have never played tennis"
i am not sure if you are trying to make a joke,
but it comes across as you are 'taking the piss' (as we say in proper UK english) of his efforts
and i hope you are NOT !

yo
the tennis community are more mid class people than (example) soccer fans !
so the tennis approach is totally right !
any action brings a reaction, sure this will create ripples !
but if he manages to convert 10 (low example) it is already a win win as 10 new people tell their 3 best friends ....

as grass roots is the hardest way to go (none of us have ever done anything like this)

but it comes across as you are 'taking the piss' (as we say in proper UK english) of his efforts
and i hope you are NOT !
His English is really bad, I do not understand alex-ru 90% of the time.. If this continues he'll be making Dash to be a joke to many newbies and confusing them at best.

and i hope you are NOT !

No, of caurse I was not going to take the piss of his efforts (nice to learn English with you guys! :grin:).

I just mean effectiveness. We all must be targeted to common effectiveness - more results with less efforts (and less expenses).

As I see effectiveness of this event:
With these promo-materials raganius can attract let say... dozens of DASH users during a week. OK but not super.
But! with photos (which are impossible without these promo-materials) of this event all we can attract let say... thouthands of DASH users during many years!

That is why photos are more important than event itself! IMHO

Hey, peeps, let me clear up things from my part :smile: my above post was not directed to any of you, because you all are great friends, and I know you all want to help DASH!

What I mean is that the community as a whole must "speak the same language" or better "keep fine tunned" in order that individual potentials are not wasted.

TBH, I do not consider myself to be a "marketing guy"... I have always seen more importance in development, and the works of the development team. But ever since the community has decided to also put a focus and importance to marketing, I have respected, accepted, and here I am, dedicating myself to it... I just need feedback in order to "better see the path" (as I could take very wrong decisions if I was alone)

I'm happy with what has been achieved already, and I am confident that we will have great fruits, after all!

without the event
no photos of an event !
correct ?

so maybe some encouragement for that event
would be helpful.

I completely agree.
What I am trying to express is "Please make great photos. Without them effectiveness of this event will be several times lower".

Next weekend the Aquidabã Tennis Open starts. I am quite happy with the results so far, in what regards DASH as being promoted in that event. Here is a very succinct summary of what's being done, and also of what I expect will be the fruits, for the long term, of this work:

First of all, before the event, there has been a non stop work of "DASH awareness spreading", with DASH's logo all around, the cap, the flyers, the websites, the visits: As I have already said here, I have been "from door to door" talking to people, explaining DASH, better, explaining the most basic ideas, since "what is money" or "money vs currency" to "what is and why a cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency". And that is because these people are the so called "civilians" (or better, cryptovirgins, as I find most suitable :wink:).

The cryptovirgins are a special audience: they have never heard about Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.... But now, 100% of the ones I've been with, already know DASH.

Some like the idea. Some have a hard time trying to understand it. Some clearly hate it. BUT, they got to know it exists. And they have got no "cryptoprejudice" (from this audience, I might hear "I love USD and BRL", but no one will say "DASH is trash because MumeruCoin is the only one". Their minds are open, and they are curious to know, at least.

I've been to most of the merchants that are within reach. I've been talking to their customers. I've been talking to my friends and in the stores and services that I myself am a customer. And the idea is to be as simple as possible with explanations. No long boring texts to be read (who wants to read long texts, anyway?). Better to show the wallet working. Better to expose the logo all around to the public. Better to entice their curiosity!

The idea of linking DASH to sports is not bad, IMO. And, curiously, it seems to be working quite well, for it is the sports people here the ones who showed to be more interested. Nowadays, for example, I already got the people at the gym to install their android wallets. And there's the tennis people. Also a jujitsu coach, well known here. These guys might not become DASH millionaires, but at least, they wear DASH caps while training their pupils, they got a DASH wallet in their smartphones, and they are doing the "advertising" in their day-by-day lives.

And there is also my dentist, my landlord, my clients as an attorney, the guy from the grocery, all merchants at the mall, the nightclub I usually go to, the many many tourists who eventually saw DASH's logo somewhere here, etc... All these people now know DASH is an option, and are potential merchants... or at least, potential dashers.

Lots of people, rich or poor... not millions of people (I cannot make such miracles hehe), but hundreds, at least (let them multiply this effect from now on).

There has been many occasions when people came to me on the street, or at the shopping mall, to ask me: "hey, are you are the DASH guy? How does it work?", etc.

I believe I am succeeding to do exactly what I have proposed myself to do: to make DASH known to the people around me. Because I know that, sooner or later, each of these people will help, in a way or another, to spread DASH and to make it stronger.

It does not mean that 100% of all these people will dedicate their lives to DASH. But, at least, 100% of them (only now) know what it is about.... And let's not disregard the fact that this is a world where 99.99999% of the people don't even imagine money can be independent from banks or the government.

Regarding the tournament itself, it will be the "closing milestone" of these efforts of mine. Each participant, including the staff, have already received their caps, the t-shirt and the DASH flyer explaining briefly what it is about, and directing them to the related web pages. Until the end of the championship (middle September) I'll be around during the matches, to show the wallet to the people who might be curious about it, etc. There are also the newspapers to cover it, the TV, radio, etc. Of course, alone I could not afford paid advertising in these media, but I hope they at least show our logo in one or another of the images they do.

To be honest, I really don't think it was such a huge expense to do all that has been done, if we consider what can be reached with it. It's true that it IS a lot of money for a single person to bear all alone (as has been in this case.... and I confess, for me, it was quite expensive as an investment... But I have already made the expenses from my pocket anyway, and no one else is to blame but me if it is too heavy in my budget).

I repeat. What is done is done. Now I hope it will be worth, not only the money and efforts, but especially the time spent, for time is the rarest and most valuable in life.

Would I do it all again? I'm not sure. Too much work with so little support. I might be able to gather enough courage and money for a future similar effort, but it will only depend on "will I be able to gather enough?"

Finally, regarding the photos, I'll do my best to make some photos of the event myself. I am sure many of the participants will make photos themselves, and I might also receive some of these pictures. I really hope that such images be useful, as yet another of the fruits from these efforts. But, TBH, IMHO (I hope I am wrong), they might play some short time impact... that's all.... because: who will see these pictures? With "what eyes" will your audience receive them? Please remember that (if I am not mistaken) this usual audience (the ones this community is intending be "showing off" the event's pictures) is exactly the same audience already reached by our regular "press release" so far... and I don't really see "an event going on in some far away jungle country" to change their minds from monero, bitcoin or nxt, whatever, towards DASH.... This usual DASH audience is no cryptovirgin and (this is my opinion) it is the cryptovirgins who we should be aiming to if we want DASH to really spread and grow healthly.

All I've been doing, I've been doing with love: These works, I've dedicated to DASH, because I do believe in our cryptocurrency. And I hope it will benefit all (not only us, in our community.... I mean, the whole world, for this is DASH's role :cool:).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think UdjinM6 used the proper words to describe all you did and what you do.
There will be budgeting system so don`t worry if the MNs operators will push this kind of idea forward yit would be paid from the blockchain.
And yes, tipping address would be nice or if you prefer I can tip you on the same address where I paid you for a cap ;)
Let me only come to my place :)
Cheers and keep the GREAT work rolling on.

Next weekend the Aquidabã Tennis Open starts. I am quite happy with the results so far, in what regards DASH as being promoted in that event. Here is a very succinct summary of what's being done, and also of what I expect will be the fruits, for the long term, of this work:

First of all, before the event, there has been a non stop work of "DASH awareness spreading", with DASH's logo all around, the cap, the flyers, the websites, the visits: As I have already said here, I have been "from door to door" talking to people, explaining DASH, better, explaining the most basic ideas, since "what is money" or "money vs currency" to "what is and why a cryptocurrency is better than fiat currency". And that is because these people are the so called "civilians" (or better, cryptovirgins, as I find most suitable :wink:).

The cryptovirgins are a special audience: they have never heard about Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.... But now, 100% of the ones I've been with, already know DASH.

Some like the idea. Some have a hard time trying to understand it. Some clearly hate it. BUT, they got to know it exists. And they have got no "cryptoprejudice" (from this audience, I might hear "I love USD and BRL", but no one will say "DASH is trash because MumeruCoin is the only one". Their minds are open, and they are curious to know, at least.

I've been to most of the merchants that are within reach. I've been talking to their customers. I've been talking to my friends and in the stores and services that I myself am a customer. And the idea is to be as simple as possible with explanations. No long boring texts to be read (who wants to read long texts, anyway?). Better to show the wallet working. Better to expose the logo all around to the public. Better to entice their curiosity!

The idea of linking DASH to sports is not bad, IMO. And, curiously, it seems to be working quite well, for it is the sports people here the ones who showed to be more interested. Nowadays, for example, I already got the people at the gym to install their android wallets. And there's the tennis people. Also a jujitsu coach, well known here. These guys might not become DASH millionaires, but at least, they wear DASH caps while training their pupils, they got a DASH wallet in their smartphones, and they are doing the "advertising" in their day-by-day lives.

And there is also my dentist, my landlord, my clients as an attorney, the guy from the grocery, all merchants at the mall, the nightclub I usually go to, the many many tourists who eventually saw DASH's logo somewhere here, etc... All these people now know DASH is an option, and are potential merchants... or at least, potential dashers.

Lots of people, rich or poor... not millions of people (I cannot make such miracles hehe), but hundreds, at least (let them multiply this effect from now on).

There has been many occasions when people came to me on the street, or at the shopping mall, to ask me: "hey, are you are the DASH guy? How does it work?", etc.

I believe I am succeeding to do exactly what I have proposed myself to do: to make DASH known to the people around me. Because I know that, sooner or later, each of these people will help, in a way or another, to spread DASH and to make it stronger.

It does not mean that 100% of all these people will dedicate their lives to DASH. But, at least, 100% of them (only now) know what it is about.... And let's not disregard the fact that this is a world where 99.99999% of the people don't even imagine money can be independent from banks or the government.

Regarding the tournament itself, it will be the "closing milestone" of these efforts of mine. Each participant, including the staff, have already received their caps, the t-shirt and the DASH flyer explaining briefly what it is about, and directing them to the related web pages. Until the end of the championship (middle September) I'll be around during the matches, to show the wallet to the people who might be curious about it, etc. There are also the newspapers to cover it, the TV, radio, etc. Of course, alone I could not afford paid advertising in these media, but I hope they at least show our logo in one or another of the images they do.

To be honest, I really don't think it was such a huge expense to do all that has been done, if we consider what can be reached with it. It's true that it IS a lot of money for a single person to bear all alone (as has been in this case.... and I confess, for me, it was quite expensive as an investment... But I have already made the expenses from my pocket anyway, and no one else is to blame but me if it is too heavy in my budget).

I repeat. What is done is done. Now I hope it will be worth, not only the money and efforts, but especially the time spent, for time is the rarest and most valuable in life.

Would I do it all again? I'm not sure. Too much work with so little support. I might be able to gather enough courage and money for a future similar effort, but it will only depend on "will I be able to gather enough?"

Finally, regarding the photos, I'll do my best to make some photos of the event myself. I am sure many of the participants will make photos themselves, and I might also receive some of these pictures. I really hope that such images be useful, as yet another of the fruits from these efforts. But, TBH, IMHO (I hope I am wrong), they might play some short time impact... that's all.... because: who will see these pictures? With "what eyes" will your audience receive them? Please remember that (if I am not mistaken) this usual audience (the ones this community is intending be "showing off" the event's pictures) is exactly the same audience already reached by our regular "press release" so far... and I don't really see "an event going on in some far away jungle country" to change their minds from monero, bitcoin or nxt, whatever, towards DASH.... This usual DASH audience is no cryptovirgin and (this is my opinion) it is the cryptovirgins who we should be aiming to if we want DASH to really spread and grow healthly.

All I've been doing, I've been doing with love: These works, I've dedicated to DASH, because I do believe in our cryptocurrency. And I hope it will benefit all (not only us, in our community.... I mean, the whole world, for this is DASH's role :cool:).
Damn good work!
You are DASH evangelist:smile:

any action brings a reaction !
and your action here is massive
respect to you my friend,

"...not mean that 100% of all these people will dedicate their lives to DASH...."
do not sweat it
you are doing an amazing job, and it will pay out !!
(please get us pictures if you can, the better quality the happier that tungfa will be)
:wink:

Thank you, guys, for being always so supportive :) Udjin, splawik, AjM, tungfa! You are the awesome people, Udjin and AjM developing and testing our software, splawik putting it into reasonable use by allowing better masternode distribution with shared nodes, and tungfa by cheering the community so well. It is your roles in the DASH community that inspire me.

Thank you for your donation offers, but all that you have been doing for our community is already enough. As I already said, it would be unfair for me to demand donations from you. I mean it! :smile:

You are right, splawik. Now I am more than convinced that the blockchain payments will really make a huge difference in projects like this one.

And, tungfa, I'll make nice pictures, and I'll try to have other people to share with me their pics as well. I really hope these pictures will make nice ripples in benefit of our community.

As I have already mentioned here before, anyone willing to contribute will be helping a lot by simply ordering some item from the DASH fan store at DASHpag, just like splawik has done. This store was created specifically with the objective of helping me to cover my expenses with this DASH promotion in Brazil. I'll be creating a WTS thread at the marketplace here as an official announcement of this offer.

* WTS:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is fan-tastic Raganius, awed by your dedication to something you believe in :cool:
What is the postage to the UK?

Thank you, Sub-Ether :smile: I consider these works to have been very successful up to now, not only for DASH, but especially for me, because I am getting to meet so many nice people who I didn't even imagine live in the same city I do, and I have been making some great new friends (some of them very excited with DASH, I must mention). I am reallyso glad, excited and surprised!

I guess the secret is to break "isolation" and leave the comfort zone: communicating/getting in touch with new people will always bring great change in our lives... and that's really marvellous!

Regarding the postage, I've already checked, and the international fees vary very little no matter to what country I send the package, around 10.375 DASH.

Anyway, unfortunatelly I am really having little time lately to spend here, but I'll select some of the best pics of the event to post here ASAP.

Thank you again. I love you my friends!

Thank you, Sub-Ether :smile: I consider these works to have been very successful up to now, not only for DASH, but especially for me, because I am getting to meet so many nice people who I didn't even imagine live in the same city I do, and I have been making some great new friends (some of them very excited with DASH, I must mention). I am reallyso glad, excited and surprised!
I guess the secret is to break "isolation" and leave the comfort zone: communicating/getting in touch with new people will always bring great change in our lives... and that's really marvellous!
Thank you again. I love you my friends!
So well put, this is my thinking as well about taking ourselves out of our own little worlds, I love to travel and hope we can meet one day and you are always welcome to come and visit if you are in or around England :grin:

So well put, this is my thinking as well about taking ourselves out of our own little worlds, I love to travel and hope we can meet one day and you are always welcome to come and visit if you are in or around England :grin:

Me too. I love travelling: I'll let you know when I'm near, so that we can chat while having some liquid bread (AKA vitamin B) :grin: I'd also be glad to receive you here in Brazil. It would be very nice!

Here, some illustration from the tennis open:

Back