• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Encompass on Ubuntu

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
I am having the error described below while installing Encompass on Ubuntu, it asks for root but then tells me not to run the .bin in root. Can someone offer some insight? Windows runs fine, problem only shows on Ubuntu.

pablo@System76:~$ '/home/pablo/Downloads/Encompass-0.5.0_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin'

Encompass has been extracted to /tmp/Encompass-0.5.0
This install script will be available at /tmp/Encompass/0.5.0/linux_installer.sh

Would you like to install Encompass to:
1) /opt/encompass
2) /home/pablo/encompass
3) Bail - Don't install Encompass!
cat: /tmp/Encompass-0.5.0/LICENSE: No such file or directory
Installing to /home/pablo/encompass
cp: cannot stat ‘/tmp/Encompass-0.5.0/encompass.png’: No such file or directory
Install appears to have failed - please ensure you have root permissions and try again
pablo@System76:~$ .sudo
No command '.sudo' found, did you mean:
Command 'sudo' from package 'sudo-ldap' (universe)
Command 'sudo' from package 'sudo' (main)
.sudo: command not found
pablo@System76:~$ sudo '/home/pablo/Downloads/Encompass-0.5.0_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin'
[sudo] password for pablo:
This script should not be run using sudo or as the root user
pablo@System76:~$

pablo@System76:~$ '/home/pablo/Downloads/Encompass-0.5.0_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin'

Encompass has been extracted to /tmp/Encompass-0.5.0
This install script will be available at /tmp/Encompass/0.5.0/linux_installer.sh
[...]
pablo@System76:~$ sudo '/home/pablo/Downloads/Encompass-0.5.0_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin'
[sudo] password for pablo:
This script should not be run using sudo or as the root user
pablo@System76:~$

Obviously Encompass-0.5.0_Linux_x86_64-Installer.bin has successfully run (as user pablo) and created the installation script /tmp/Encompass/0.5.0/linux_installer.sh.

Try to run that one with sudo:

Code:
sudo /tmp/Encompass/0.5.0/linux_installer.sh

Ok bear with me cause I'm not that good with Linux, seems to be a command missing, if I run that line it returns an error.

Solved!

I did some terminal magic and it worked like a charm :).

Pablo.

Back