• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What sgminer version do you use?

ok, sorry, I was here at the beach and all i had was my phone, couldn't take it anymore from work had to get out of here. I'm using sgminer 4.1.0g
upload_2015-6-6_17-9-36.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpg
    IMG_4524.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4522.JPG
    IMG_4522.JPG
    353.1 KB · Views: 101
ok, sorry, I was here at the beach and all i had was my phone, couldn't take it anymore from work had to get out of here. I'm using sgminer 4.1.0g View attachment 1420
These pics were taken before I discovered gringo's fee, and I was using team viewer while i was away and somehow crashed it last night. When I disabled his pool, it seemed like the MHs would go down and up when I pluged in CG watcher. But that could be because of this crappy internet I have here at the beach, on the pool, it says it's doing well....

These pics were taken before I discovered gringo's fee, and I was using team viewer while i was away and somehow crashed it last night. When I disabled his pool, it seemed like the MHs would go down and up when I pluged in CG watcher. But that could be because of this crappy internet I have here at the beach, on the pool, it says it's doing well....

Be very very careful about team viewer there were multiple wallet hacks using it recently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2oyf9y/updated_info_from_the_40_btc_hack_using_teamviewer/

I managed to raise my hash rate slightly, this may help you :cool:

Note: the settings are for a AMD 6950 and the R9 290 OC

{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://mine.xpool.ca:1131",
"user" : "Xr..........",
"pass" : "x"
}
]

"xintensity" : "150,1000",
"shaders" : "0",
"thread-concurrency" : "0",
"nfactor" : "10",
"device" : "0,1",
"vector" : "1",
"gpu-powertune" : "20,50",
"worksize" : "64",
"kernel" : "darkcoin-mod",
"no-extranonce" : true,
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"debug" : "true",
"hamsi-expand-big" : "4",
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "0",
"scan-time" : "1",
"shares" : "0",
"expiry" : "1"
}

ok thank you about the teamviewer, I will pull it off all machines, thanks a lot for the info,It will take me while to get these changed over, using xpool on one now....caught a lot of fish, no crabs though

here ya go Sub, one of the best days of the year for me...

Nice! I assume tuppy is taking the picture because I don't see cannines anywhere :cool:
It adds a personnal touch to the forum I feel as most people here are only known by their nicknames eh.

Ugh I knew something was way wrong, I will have to experiment with your above mentioned miners and change pools, thanks sub
I'll give you my new results shortly, as my income has at least doubled since using your advice on grimo and utilizing a different pool, I'll give you solid data within a few days here, but it is unbelievable, thanks again...!!

I'll give you my new results shortly, as my income has at least doubled since using your advice on grimo and utilizing a different pool, I'll give you solid data within a few days here, but it is unbelievable, thanks again...!!

Glad to help, lets get them daily averages up!
Your DOS window does not show multiple connected pools now, I guess.

no, it does not,
Sub, I have been using CG watcher (which I highly recommend for miners), and it will automatically block and alert you if there is a blocked pool. Also, use TRIXX from AMD. I heard AMD has some new cards coming out next week, pretty excited about that! I plan on buying about 15 older GPUs in the next few months, preferably 7970s, or anyR9 series, if anyone is willing to get rid of any gear...! I have a new plan I'd like to discuss with you sometime, as far as opening a real "Farm" that would be partially solar powered. Anyway, have a great weekend...! DATUP

no, it does not,
Sub, I have been using CG watcher (which I highly recommend for miners), and it will automatically block and alert you if there is a blocked pool. Also, use TRIXX from AMD. I heard AMD has some new cards coming out next week, pretty excited about that! I plan on buying about 15 older GPUs in the next few months, preferably 7970s, or anyR9 series, if anyone is willing to get rid of any gear...! I have a new plan I'd like to discuss with you sometime, as far as opening a real "Farm" that would be partially solar powered. Anyway, have a great weekend...! DATUP

Didn't know that about cgwatcher, yer thats great program most people dont use, I like the autostart reset features on low/dead hashings etc.
Go for the R9 280X, I reckon. It could be the 7970 of the future, there is a small stockpile left that are being sold off before the new releases. Can see them being popular on ebay for years.
First it was 6950 then 7950/7970 and almighty 7990 and now ...

I have an R9 280x that kicks as*, I have been scooping up the Sapphire 7970s, as some as low as 130 dollars. June 16th, is the D-day for the new AMD releases, hopefully, all the cards prices will have to drop after this date......Love my R9 280x though. I had an older 7950 AMD literally blow up before my eyes yesterday, I got to get the replacement chip, I just happened to see it when it happened, and honestly, there was no reason for it to do this. I had plenty of power, I just turned it on, and "BAM". I'm not that concerned, because the AMD 7950s are power hogs, and they really do not hash as well as the 7970s or any of the R series, hope the new ones blow the socks off the older stuff, and Wolf0 comes out with some better software, just want to break even... TUP

Ever since bypassing the SGminer 4.1.0g, with the CGminer pool protector, I have been getting awesome results, and this program is very well written. It must have been written in the "heyday" of mining, because it looks like all updates have stopped in 2014. I hope the days of mining are not over, as I have big plans for this winter. Maybe I could just rent out my systems, I'm not sure.....

I have an R9 280x that kicks as*, I have been scooping up the Sapphire 7970s, as some as low as 130 dollars. June 16th, is the D-day for the new AMD releases, hopefully, all the cards prices will have to drop after this date......Love my R9 280x though. I had an older 7950 AMD literally blow up before my eyes yesterday, I got to get the replacement chip, I just happened to see it when it happened, and honestly, there was no reason for it to do this. I had plenty of power, I just turned it on, and "BAM". I'm not that concerned, because the AMD 7950s are power hogs, and they really do not hash as well as the 7970s or any of the R series, hope the new ones blow the socks off the older stuff, and Wolf0 comes out with some better software, just want to break even... TUP

What about the legendary twin GPU 7990? I have not even ever seen one of them, still don't know the top end hash rate they can do.

I have not seen the 7990 either, I have read about it, I'll keep an eye out, as I'm always buying cards, and half the time, I get stuff that was listed wrong etc...I just ordered a 270x by accident, 2Gb ram, we'll see how that performs. I got to fix the 7950 I blew up, I need to find a schematic on that, there has got to be one somewhere. I'll have to send you a pic of the moon crater on the chip that exploded...

Ever since bypassing the SGminer 4.1.0g, with the CGminer pool protector, I have been getting awesome results, and this program is very well written. It must have been written in the "heyday" of mining, because it looks like all updates have stopped in 2014. I hope the days of mining are not over, as I have big plans for this winter. Maybe I could just rent out my systems, I'm not sure.....

There are pool rental options such as nicehash where you have to finish say, 1 gig for 24 hours or equivalent, they do look like they pay better, might be worth a try, only thing put me off apart from the long commitment was some of them appeared dead with unfinished hashings not reaching the target, I suppose choose a smaller target better (pays less of course)

I have not seen the 7990 either, I have read about it, I'll keep an eye out, as I'm always buying cards, and half the time, I get stuff that was listed wrong etc...I just ordered a 270x by accident, 2Gb ram, we'll see how that performs. I got to fix the 7950 I blew up, I need to find a schematic on that, there has got to be one somewhere. I'll have to send you a pic of the moon crater on the chip that exploded...

You will be lucky to repair it, if it went with a bang, it may have only been the electrolytic capacitors blowing up (repairable) but what happends is the voltage rails go all over the place so they tend to damage whats around them as well (i.e. the chips)

Voltage regulators can also explode (less often, internally protected but can happen)
Chips may explode (rarely)

suggest bang it on ebay cheap and let someone else find out!

Back