• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

WOW !! Just got pointed to this kickstarter gem!! Bloody amazing and funny as hell!! Especially if you were brought up in the 80's

(the Hoff9000 made me laugh really hard...)

Kung Fury

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk in the Bitcoin world about block size and the limit it places on the number of transactions that can be processed/confirmed in a reasonable time got me wondering: is there a limit to the number or rate of InstantX transactions that can be processed? Say DASH blocks were filling up at some point in the future. Would InstantX be a viable way of getting transactions confirmed even though they may still sit in the backlog for some time before actually being included in a block? If so, this is yet another advantage over Bitcoin that the masternode network provides DASH...

very funny yidakee, I was rolling! Especially where he was fighting nazis in a straight line r - l back and forth, OMG, that was perfect!

thedifference, I have no idea? Good question though.

I do recall Evan saying that because of our two tiered network, that DASH would be scalable in this regard, but I'm not sure how/why. I think it's mostly because the MN network already checks for valid transactions and the miners merely commit them to the blockchain, but again, I don't understand it all.

That does sound interesting, and I think I saw it before, but I thought that it was a tool for any web designer, rather than being hooked up with a server provider?

Anyway, I have a question:

I have a masternode running on a vps with 2 cpus and 1 gb of memory

Will my masternode run like it should if I were to run a cpu miner (minerd) on both threads? How about 1 thread? Thanks for your opinions, I just don't want to make my masternode unusable and I'd like to use the VPS to support the mining network if it's this painless for me (not having to use my own machines and monitor them ;P )

Yeah signed up as soon as I say the original post here, can't wait to see how it works.

Damn! I should have left my referral link :p

Was bummed about the delay as they were initially set to launch the end of this month, but can't wait to get my hands on the finished product - glad I'm not the only nerd in these parts that finds the idea intriguing :)

Damn! I should have left my referral link :p

Was bummed about the delay as they were initially set to launch the end of this month, but can't wait to get my hands on the finished product - glad I'm not the only nerd in these parts that finds the idea intriguing :)
What exactly is it supposed to do? I mean, it chooses the colors for you when you insert pictures and such? Then sets the website up for you or something? I don't quite understand ;P

*CROSSPOSTED FROM BCT*

Vertoe update:

After much fanfare creating a new announcement thread which disparages "Darkcoin", the Cachecoin network, led by Vertoe's updates, proceeds to fork multiple times. Vertoe then goes MIA and still has not been heard from.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1072284.msg11476586#msg11476586

Running your own coin is not as easy as its cracked up to be is it Vertoe? Have you become the centralized entity that you unceremoniously criticized Evan for being?

Now, with the DGBB, Dash has overcome these very issues that you were complaining about.

Peace, Vertoe, if only you would have stuck around a little longer...

BTC is down for me again today, how 'bout you all? I also think things are quiet because everyone has a Bitcoin Run-up hangover? Who played the game and won?

TanteStefana
btctalk is up... down... up... down..
Being like that whole day for me...

Seems like btctalk is having a rollercoaster ride just like BTC itself :D

LOL, can't say as I miss it due to all the trolling, but I do like the random subjects and alerts. I'm so lazy by nature, I like to be hand fed :tongue:

This thread looks like what I've been looking for, is it not being used anymore? Is there a similar one somewhere else?

Back