• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

XDC ?? what's the C stand for?

ISO is extremely relevant, but not mandatory. But relevant enough to seriously consider it.
Are the other one's taken? Is there any sort of registrar to make it official?

How about XDD ? (Xcoin, Darkcoin, Dash) :cool:
I liked XDH the best, but after seeing that explanation of XDD, that's perfect!

XDC ?? what's the C stand for?

ISO is extremely relevant, but not mandatory. But relevant enough to seriously consider it.
Are the other one's taken? Is there any sort of registrar to make it official?

How about XDD ? (Xcoin, Darkcoin, Dash) :cool:

I thought the idea was with rebranding was disassociation from the Darkcoin name. Referencing Darkcoin in the ticker name is counterproductive in my opinion.

The C in XDC could stand for "Cryptocurrency".

I thought the idea was with rebranding was disassociation from the Darkcoin name. Referencing Darkcoin in the ticker name is counterproductive in my opinion.

Well we also chose the name Dash partly to distance ourselves from the whole "-coin" naming convention, thereby avoiding an eternal "second-fiddle" perception. Leaving a C there still invites some misunderstanding. We should be clear and consistent in order to make the name stand on its own as a true alternative to "Bitcoin," .
How about XDA? Reads like "X-Dash," just abbreviated to "X-Da."

Well we also chose the name Dash partly to distance ourselves from the whole "-coin" naming convention, thereby avoiding an eternal "second-fiddle" perception. Leaving a C there still invites some misunderstanding. We should be clear and consistent in order to make the name stand on its own as a true alternative to "Bitcoin," .
XDA are masculine sounding letters. Confident and straight to the point.

I see what you mean. I can't see a problem with XDA

I liked XDH the best, but after seeing that explanation of XDD, that's perfect!

XDA are masculine sounding letters. Confident and straight to the point.

I see what you mean. I can't see a problem with XDA

Guys, feels free to drop your suggestions over here -> https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-ticker-standardization-iso-4217-2008.4997

When we have a few options we can open a poll. Just remember that if we go through with this, we'll have to comply with standards. Bitcoin for instance is XBT on some exchanges, but apparently they'll might have to "rebrand" because it clashes with the norm, since BT refers to Bhutan.

The development team has been quiet for quite some time now. Although we can see commits on github, I think an update on how things are going would be nice. Maybe an eta on when testing might start again (I can understand if that's not possible) but at least what is in the works for the next round of testing would be nice to give us all something to talk about ;P

The development team has been quiet for quite some time now. Although we can see commits on github, I think an update on how things are going would be nice. Maybe an eta on when testing might start again (I can understand if that's not possible) but at least what is in the works for the next round of testing would be nice to give us all something to talk about ;P

I can't give an ETA for testing because I don't know, but history showed that whenever Evan is unusual quiet for several consecutive days he's walking knee-deep in blockchain-code (both directions uphill) and comes up with something amazing.

Since commits on Github are kinda boring to look at I can give you some visuals of the more trivial parts of development.

Comes for (almost) free with Bitcoin v0.10.x code-base:
Wallet1.jpg

Comes from yours truly (also free):
Wallet2.jpg

(yes, the typo is fixed already)

That's so cool Crowning! You're really helping to make it very usable to non techies :D Very important!

Miss Jim Willie at your peril :cool:
(covers everything, even talks about Hillary at 1hr 16 minutes, Jim's ex stayed at the same dorm at her college, HC was known for being slutty with other women, apparently the college is 70% lesbian)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cute Yidakee! Luckily my husband 1.0 and of course his wife 1.0 are equally faulty and don't function well enough, even to go back to engagement 1.0 due to the fear of loss of child1.jpg, child2.jpg and child3.jpg. We're afraid of losing the picture files as well as other files, so we simply chug along with this old OS. LOL

Back