• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Mining frame question

kingcolex

I have a gpu mining frame and I was putting some gpu's on it, but became concerned, there are two bars the top one is where you screw down the gpu and the lower one is on the backside but my gpu's hang down and touch, this seems like how it's made to support the gpus but there is no chance they could be fried? I am pretty sure it is aluminium.

I have a gpu mining frame and I was putting some gpu's on it, but became concerned, there are two bars the top one is where you screw down the gpu and the lower one is on the backside but my gpu's hang down and touch, this seems like how it's made to support the gpus but there is no chance they could be fried? I am pretty sure it is aluminium.
The aluminum frames are quite common for mining rigs, however, if they are designed appropriately, there is no chance of shorting or grounding out the GPUs.

The aluminum frames are quite common for mining rigs, however, if they are designed appropriately, there is no chance of shorting or grounding out the GPUs.
Great to hear, this will calm my concern now I just need to wait on one more extender to get going! :)

If the thought of it bothers you still, just wrap that support bar with electrical tape. Peace of mind for just a few duffs!

Back