• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

A short story for you, its 'The Patriot' comments in particular,
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/0...as-prison-population-over-the-past-100-years/

It hasn't changed since the 1920-1930s has it? Yup. And really, it all started with anti drug and anti alcohol around the turn of the 19th/20th century. Partly it's due to the "puritan ethics". that Americans seem to still think they have. An evil and unnatural kind of religion, IMO. Oh well, please do remember that the majority of people do try to do a good job and to do what is right. I've known many Police officers back when I worked. Most were good people, a few were assholes, same as you get anywhere. But yes, I think eventually the people will have had enough and stop this madness. What a waste of money and resources, eh?

Oh, I just realized "over the past 100 years", LOL. Yup, food and drug/alcohol and tobacco agency began, I believe, in 1906

BTW, I don't do drugs and only drink a bit on occasion, I don't smoke. I do eat too much sugar. They'd love to get me on that, I'm sure. It's coming.

It hasn't changed since the 1920-1930s has it? Yup. And really, it all started with anti drug and anti alcohol around the turn of the 19th/20th century. Partly it's due to the "puritan ethics". that Americans seem to still think they have. An evil and unnatural kind of religion, IMO. Oh well, please do remember that the majority of people do try to do a good job and to do what is right. I've known many Police officers back when I worked. Most were good people, a few were assholes, same as you get anywhere. But yes, I think eventually the people will have had enough and stop this madness. What a waste of money and resources, eh?t
Thankyou for the reply I appreciate the feedback. Looks like a big money making scam ruining millions of families lives to me, the population chart is like a twisted version of a bullish run up to some equity or other.
Did you see the post about the prisoners being forced to fight and the guards betting on the outcome in the San Francisco jail, gets more like ancient Rome tyrants and gladiators every day!

Edit: yes, you're right, prohibition was an early sign of whats to come, same loons in charge even then!

Did you see the post about the prisoners being forced to fight and the guards betting on the outcome in the San Francisco jail, gets more like ancient Rome tyrants and gladiators every day!
At least their organs aren't harvested like the thousands of prisoners in China who are jailed simply for their religious beliefs...

This recent news sent a chill down my spine the likes of which I have not felt since the day I heard about the "USA Patriot Act."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...operty-certain-persons-engaging-significant-m

So, basically the federal gov has carte blanche to arbitrarily call WHATEVER ACTIVITY (almost every aspect of our lives touch computers in some way) they want a "cyber crime," all the while average people hear about it and just think it is just some computer thingy they don't understand. "Hacking?" What is that, really? Who is harmed? What laws are broken? In what jurisdiction? Just look at DPR's case for example, not a single one of the charges he was found guilty on involved an injured party.

Apparently there have been 30 of these "national emergencies" over the years, none of which ever gets removed.

Basically the Constitution no longer exists in the United States. Hell, these days I don't even hear big O refer to it as "the United States" anymore, probably for fear of people actually figuring out what the country's name really means. It's always "In Uh-mair-i-cuh, folks deserve a fair shot!"

Do remember, what you're reading is about incidents that have happened over many years, some times, and frankly, psychology of prisoners and wardens both become warped if not properly managed. In other words, shit happens, people do wrong, people get warped.

A nice old man we once talked to had a son who became a police officer. His son came home one day and was talking about "niggers". His father was horrified, and said that he never raised his son to speak that way (they were not white, btw), and that the police department warped him. On the other hand, the police are on a battle field. One drawn up by politicians AND voters. Personally, I can't give blame without taking it. We create a situation where a large part of the population that are actually encouraged to stay down, and then give them an easy way to make money by being hideous to each other. I blame all politicians on both sides for this situation. I have no answers but I'm not going to say the police are all evil, they mostly actually save lives and try to create relationships and do the job, mostly. Then psychology, fear, power, people hating on them, etc... it can crush a mind that isn't strong enough or doesn't have proper support.

It's easy to blame one side, but the truth is much more complex. Perhaps Crypto Currency will actually even things out in the 1st world as well as the 3rd? Lets hope so! Any young man without a future will be lured to do all kinds of evil, and ripe pickins for psychopaths to manipulate. Best thing we can do for our youth is give them productive outlets, a possible future and hope. But that's hard to deliver.

This recent news sent a chill down my spine the likes of which I have not felt since the day I heard about the "USA Patriot Act."
https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...operty-certain-persons-engaging-significant-m

So, basically the federal gov has carte blanche to arbitrarily call WHATEVER ACTIVITY (almost every aspect of our lives touch computers in some way) they want a "cyber crime," all the while average people hear about it and just think it is just some computer thingy they don't understand. "Hacking?" What is that, really? Who is harmed? What laws are broken? In what jurisdiction? Just look at DPR's case for example, not a single one of the charges he was found guilty on involved an injured party.

Apparently there have been 30 of these "national emergencies" over the years, none of which ever gets removed.

Basically the Constitution no longer exists in the United States. Hell, these days I don't even hear big O refer to it as "the United States" anymore, probably for fear of people actually figuring out what the country's name really means. It's always "In Uh-mair-i-cuh, folks deserve a fair shot!"

Thing is, whether Democrat, Republican, Green or Libertarian, whatever, you start something (like the patriot act) with a clear idea of where your boundaries will be, but the next guy will seize on the idea and take it further, then the next, further.... and how do you take power back? The congress are a bunch of wimps. Or else, the deals they make are such an intricate web, that they hang themselves by doing the right thing. Yup, our government has become too powerful and thus too corrupt. It used to be that the states had the power over most all things regarding their populations. Not anymore. This is now a federation, not a republic.

It's everyone's fault. Look at the constant fall of exchanges. Human nature is such that, when it's so damn easy to steal the money, humans can't resist! Same with Power, and politics and voter apathy is just as bad. I keep telling my kids, who of course roll their eyes, if you don't participate in your government, you get what you deserve.

Ugh, I'm sorry. Politics suck, LOL. Leaves probably everyone feeling helpless against the powers that be. But Crypto currency, THAT is the way to reign it all in! At least I'm hoping for the future of my children and grand children.

It's everyone's fault. Look at the constant fall of exchanges. Human nature is such that, when it's so damn easy to steal the money, humans can't resist! Same with Power, and politics and voter apathy is just as bad. I keep telling my kids, who of course roll their eyes, if you don't participate in your government, you get what you deserve.

Well it just exposes the greater flaw that has been brought about by these long years of using a flawed system built on the back of keynsian economic indoctrination. Corruption is encouraged. It is the ideal set at the top rungs of the ladder.

The problem is people have learned to not have any personal responsibility for their money (among other things). Gox would not have been such a disaster if its users really understood Bitcoin and used it as Satoshi intended.

Agreed :)

So everyone always talks about BTC-China, and I took a look at it finally and wow, Every other exchange really does dim in comparison to their volume. Do you think DASH will ever be traded there? What do you think we'd need to do in order for that to happen?

Dang, I didn't have a chance to update yet, so I'm trying to download the newest version and it's taking forever! I wish I could just download the one dashd file, ugh! (just being a brat, complaining, LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding those volume numbers on any exchange, Chinese or not, take them all with a grain of salt.

Remember that you can't really prove anything that goes on internally within an exchange. We can't know which buys and sells are real (user-user), half-real (user-exchange), or just completely for show!

Exchanges are closed systems. The only thing we can loosely measure is coins going into the exchange and coins going out. Once they are inside an exchange, we should not think of there being any "coins" inside of it. It could be entirely play money. How the exchange wants to work it is their business. The only thing that matters is what you put into the exchange and what you take out.

Ah, nope, I really didn't think of that, Bridgewater! I mean, I know games are played but didn't think that the volume could be faked (still so ignorant after all these years ;P )

Yep! He's a rare breed, indeed. One of the few who actually understand what Bitcoin and DASH really are. The first time I ever read one of Toknormal's posts, I remember thinking "holy crap, this guy is eloquently articulating in one post every single thing that's been rattling around in my head for the past year!"

I was never a part of that full conversation, but a Monero guy "joshuar" for some reason brought part of Tok's argument into the DASH thread, and tried very unsuccessfully to discredit him, ultimately succeeding in nothing more than proving how misguided many Monero guys are when it comes down to actual economics and pure common sense logic. I attempted to engage with him, but he clearly had no intention of having logical discourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep! He's a rare breed, indeed. One of the few who actually understand what Bitcoin and DASH really are. The first time I ever read one of Toknormal's posts, I remember thinking "holy crap, this guy is actually articulating every single thing that's been rattling around in my head for the past year!"

His ideas are really great. But there is so troll's noise around BCT - it is about impossible to read (for me) :(

It would be cool if somebody could collect all Toknormal's ideas and thoughts, regularize and publish in compact "book" (brochure, wiki, ...) - so everybody can read it in clear form without troll's fights.
At least it will be useful for people who short of time or don't know English good to be able to read all the troll's mess in BTC.

Yep! He's a rare breed, indeed. One of the few who actually understand what Bitcoin and DASH really are. The first time I ever read one of Toknormal's posts, I remember thinking "holy crap, this guy is eloquently articulating in one post every single thing that's been rattling around in my head for the past year!"

I was never a part of that full conversation, but a Monero guy "joshuar" for some reason brought part of Tok's argument into the DASH thread, and tried very unsuccessfully to discredit him, ultimately succeeding in nothing more than proving how misguided many Monero guys are when it comes down to actual economics and pure common sense logic. I attempted to engage with him, but he clearly had no intention of having logical discourse.
I won't say anything to stir things up on the BCT thread, but it's funny how the monero developer comments on how the deanonymizing of his coin was because these people didn't mix enough (set to 0) What the heck? I thought ring signatures kept it anonymized? Now they mix? Ok, I'm not up on monero, but why both? ... or don't bother answering, I really couldn't care less. I'm not technical enough to dig into every development team's actual work, I'm relying on ethics to guide me.

And, in case you're not reading BCT thread, Minotaur wrote a fantastic piece this morning:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg10991084#msg10991084

What is the state with enforcement? My 2 MN have not been paid in a week, makes me paranoid. So if the MN are listed (ENABLED), i am good? Just have to wait for the payment?

What is the state with enforcement? My 2 MN have not been paid in a week, makes me paranoid. So if the MN are listed (ENABLED), i am good? Just have to wait for the payment?

Enforcement is ON, see http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Dash/masternode_payments_stats.html

Right now you can expect a payment every 3.72 days, however when the payment reference node has to be restarted (which was done during the last upgrade, and most probably when enforcement was switched off yesterday) it can be twice as long in the worst case.

Back