• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Change From Darkcoin To Dash

The date for brand switch will be March 25, 1PM Pacific Time.

Since 11.2.x testing was paused, is that going to be finished and included before (or at) the switch? The inclusion of Masternode blinding and other fixes at, or before, the branding switch would be great.

Since 11.2.x testing was paused, is that going to be finished and included before (or at) the switch? The inclusion of Masternode blinding and other fixes at, or before, the branding switch would be great.

I'm sure they will be rolled out into the new branding.

as we need Dash Wallets eventually
sure thing Evan has a plan (like always) to take care of all this in one release/update

Translations also need to be updated before DASH version is rolled out.

Translations also need to be updated before DASH version is rolled out.

Not really
we have a chinese name already for Dash (that is the hardest to do)
everybody else is Dash and done , correct ?

:confused: I don't feel I can yell this loud enough nor too many times:
Sounds great, although I wish the ticker symbol would have been ISO compliant.. i.e. XDD, XDS or XDH.
X because the currency isn't affiliated with any nation.
Gold is XAU, silver is XAG etc.
While nationalized currencies have the two first characters from country code: USD, CAD, AUD etc.

Who else has a 4 letter ticker? DOGE.. Well, that's real serious.. :oops:

edit: MangledBlue, get over here :grin:

I love how the Monero team is actually encouraging the remaining members of the Dashcoin project to band together and work with the company Evan is contesting. It's like really guys, your project can't stand on its own two feet without needing to try to mess with the "competition" through shit like this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10785764#msg10785764

Obviously, it's always been like that. They think their moneros will make them rich if just that big and evil DRK/DASH would go away.

Not really
we have a chinese name already for Dash (that is the hardest to do)
everybody else is Dash and done , correct ?
Transifex translations are all with darkcoin and core.

FWIW I'm glad we are using DASH as the ticker rather than that ISO stuff. The whole BTC XBT thing is ridiculously confusing, especially to new members of the crypto community. Stick with one easy abbreviation and go from there. I respectfully submit that DASH is a lot easier for a newbie to grasp than XDD or whatever. I can see newbies coming to the forums now "What's an XDD? What's an ISO?"

If ISO decides to pick us up at some point, they can assign us a label for their own purposes. I believe that to everybody else, we should be DASH.

I think it's great that it's official and look forward to the next chapter.

PS my feelings won't be hurt if my logo isn't used, but it would be pretty damn cool if it was.

DASH-anglemore.png

Back