• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternodes - good or bad for the economy?

Are masternode payments good or bad for the economy?

• Good

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Bad

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
What if price rises to (for example) $200 per coin? It would cost $ 200k to run a masternode. I have the fear, that MN will be centralized in the future because not many people can create new MNs with these prices and other MN user could sell their coins, because $200k is a lot of money for many people.
Are there any discussions / posts about this topic and what do you guys think about my concerns ?

What if price rises to (for example) $200 per coin? It would cost $ 200k to run a masternode. I have the fear, that MN will be centralized in the future because not many people can create new MNs with these prices and other MN user could sell their coins, because $200k is a lot of money for many people.
Are there any discussions / posts about this topic and what do you guys think about my concerns ?

At $200 per coin a Masternode would give you about $85 per day, that's $2550 per month per Masternode.
Why would someone (emergencies excluded) sell this cheap source?

At $200 per coin a Masternode would give you about $85 per day, that's $2550 per month per Masternode.
Why would someone (emergencies excluded) sell this cheap source?

I think there are more examples why people could sell at these prices.
Another could be: There is a bear market and you could lose more than %1.275 per month, if you do not sell.

And how will it be guaranteed that there are new people who create a new MN at these prices?
They could invest in a MN but that's also not riskfree; if few people running many MN they could run away with the money, be under a gag order (and government runs them all) or simply be offline for a few days and you will not have any income in these days. The gag order is of course not really likely but scammers are unfortunately very likely as we see in the btc community and I will only show some concerns and what we could do against them, because I like the idea of anonymity - btc's pseudonymity could be a big issue in the future.

Another could be: There is a bear market and you could lose more than %1.275 per month, if you do not sell.

To be honest, I have now idea what you're talking about. When you have a Masternode, you get (right now) about 0.48 DRK per day. As long as those coins have more value than your monthly hosting rate for your Masternode you make a profit.

To be honest, I have now idea what you're talking about. When you have a Masternode, you get (right now) about 0.48 DRK per day. As long as those coins have more value than your monthly hosting rate for your Masternode you make a profit.
any coin could lose more $ than you make with a MN per month. we seen it in btc since dez 2013.

BTC does not have a Masternode system like Darkcoin. What are you talking about?

okay again: if drk hits (for example) $200 and if then we will see a bear market and drk lose more than someone could make with running a MN, then they could also sell their drk-coins (because who will hold a declining $200k investment). it was another example why people with masternodes could sell drk-coins in the future. sorry if the sentence was not clear.

okay again: if drk hits $200 and if then we will see a bear market and drk lose more than someone could make with running a MN, then they could also sell their drk-coins (because who will hold a declining $200k investment). it was another example why people with masternodes could sell drk-coins in the future. sorry if the sentence was not clear.
But we don't know for sure if DRK will ever be up to $200 USD or EUR, nor do we know if DRK Masternode owners would dump their MNs? Rather, what you should do is make another poll and ask MN owners if they would dump their MNs at that price, or any price, or whatever. :tongue:

But we don't know for sure if DRK will ever be up to $200 USD or EUR, nor do we know if DRK Masternode owners would dump their MNs? Rather, what you should do is make another poll and ask MN owners if they would dump their MNs at that price or any price, or whatever. :tongue:

You are right, we do not know, it is only possible that some will do and if we hit this price I think it is also possible that not enough new investors will create new MNs, so that I think we will see more centralized MN in the future - that was my whole point and that's why I think it belongs in this thread. That's also why I think the masternodes payments (and their initial 1000 drk investment) are not the best solution for the coin.
Don't you think that this could happen? And if so, why ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, we do not know, it is only possible that some will do and if we hit this price I think it is also possible that not enough new investors will create new MNs, so that I think we will see more centralized MN in the future - that was my whole point and that's why I think it belongs in this thread. That's also why I think the masternodes payments (and their initial 1000 drk investment) are not the best solution for the coin.
Don't you think that this could happen? And if so, why ?
Ya, you might be right. But by then I'll win a $400 million mega jackpot, and after paying uncle sam half of that, i'll help set up some Masternodes, don't worry... haha
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh.. and I promise I won't ever dump my masternodes! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Ya, you might be right. But by then I'll win a $400 million mega jackpot, and after paying uncle sam half of that, i'll help set up some Masternodes, don't worry... haha
:grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh.. and I promise I won't ever dump my masternodes! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

I hope you will get the $ 400 million :)
But your (or anybody's) masternodes could be seized, and if you hold a big percentage of the total amount of MN, then it's not really good for the coin.

I hope you will get the $ 400 million :)
But your (or anybody's) masternodes could be seized, and if you hold a big percentage of the total amount of MN, then it's not really good for the coin.
You are right. Anything can happen in the future. The sky could fall, the ground could shake. It's really not good for the coin.
But the price is right! Sell all your DRK and no more worries!

</sar>
:grin::grin::grin:

sry ^^
drk is an anon coin and we do not know yet if bitcoin will be legal forever, so anon coins could be illegal in the future. and I don't say it will happen, it could if it's a big danger for government in the future - and then it's also a point against masternodes and their payments.

sry ^^
drk is an anon coin and we do not know yet if bitcoin will be legal forever, so anon coins could be illegal in the future. and I don't say it will happen, it could if it's a big danger for government in the future - and then it's also a point against masternodes and their payments.
What would you suggest for us to do?
I know what to suggest you to do if you hold any DRK (and I already said it), but I'm still waiting to see what you want us to do.

What would you suggest for us to do?
I know what to suggest you to do if you hold any DRK (and I already said it), but I'm still waiting to see what you want us to do.

nothing, I'm not here to suggest you anything. I would only say my concerns and talk about them - maybe other had them too but can explain me why it's not a concern (because I'm misinformed or whatever).

sry ^^
Awfully big world out there with more lenient laws... The probabilities of cryptocurrencies on a global scale being illegal is pretty damn slim.

Awfully big world out there with more lenient laws... The probabilities of cryptocurrencies on a global scale being illegal is pretty damn slim.
I think this is whats called a straw man argument, basically party A (aaaa ironically) will make a false or inaccurate premise-in this case that cryptocoins and masternodes will be illegal at some point and Party B (us) will take an opposite stance that is then based on a the false premise of party A.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
''To be successful, a straw man argument requires that the audience be ignorant or uninformed of the original argument.''

okay again: if drk hits (for example) $200 and if then we will see a bear market and drk lose more than someone could make with running a MN, then they could also sell their drk-coins (because who will hold a declining $200k investment). it was another example why people with masternodes could sell drk-coins in the future. sorry if the sentence was not clear.

When some MN owners sell their Darkcoin, the other MN owners will get more for each month. And I think it will attract other people buy Darkcoin to invest to their MN. That will keep Darkcoin price going up, and the number of Masternodes could not be reduced.

When some MN owners sell their Darkcoin, the other MN owners will get more for each month. And I think it will attract other people buy Darkcoin to invest to their MN. That will keep Darkcoin price going up, and the number of Masternodes could not be reduced.
each seller has it`s buyer, the most part of the buyers put their coins into MNs, I do so, so the more dumpings the more MNs count ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back