• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

2nd Masternode (oh no, please help!)

orbitboy

Today I finally got round to setting up my first masternode.
This went well, following the guide.

However, I repeated the process for the second one, and while checking the progress of the blocks with "./darkcoind getinfo" after having started the darkcoind service, I saw an error :-

"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error \nCTransaction::GetValueOut() : value out of range \ndarkcoin in ProcessMessages() \n"

I think whats happened is when doing the "masternode genkey" and "getaccountaddress 0" I should have upped 0 >> 1. But I didn't, and I got two unique values ie a new key and a new address.

This stopped the 1st masternode which had been running fine. That address now shows : -
TransactionBlockApprox. TimeAmountBalanceCurrency
2015-02-21 15:02:2510001000DRK
2015-02-21 21:00:17(1000)0DRK

and the second address now shows :-
2015-02-21 21:00:1710001000
DRK

Am I guessing right? I want to try a "getaccountaddress 1" but don't want to make things any worse!!
PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
From what I understand you had your wallet.dat and darkcoin.conf of working masternode and you getaccountaddress 0 on the wallet which already worked locally for your remote masternode?

Try to keep each 1000coins on separate wallet.dat and configure darkcoin.conf for separated wallets.

Your first masternode does not apper on drk.mn I suppose?

I'm out of home so cant verify nothing now.

Today I finally got round to setting up my first masternode.
This went well, following the guide.

However, I repeated the process for the second one, and while checking the progress of the blocks with "./darkcoind getinfo" after having started the darkcoind service, I saw an error :-

"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error \nCTransaction::GetValueOut() : value out of range \ndarkcoin in ProcessMessages() \n"

I think whats happened is when doing the "masternode genkey" and "getaccountaddress 0" I should have upped 0 >> 1. But I didn't, and I got two unique values ie a new key and a new address.

This stopped the 1st masternode which had been running fine. That address now shows : -
af15bedf12...2238952015-02-21 15:02:2510001000DRK
ff39f5ca96...2240282015-02-21 21:00:17(1000)0DRK

and the second address now shows :-
ff39f5ca96...2240282015-02-21 21:00:1710001000
DRK

Am I guessing right? I want to try a "getaccountaddress 1" but don't want to make things any worse!!
PLEASE HELP!!

Good news is this error has nothing to do with stuffs you did imo :smile:
Also when issuing "getaccountaddress 0" on the same wallet you should get the same address actually, strange that it's not the case... check steps in that guide once again maybe or did you create another cold wallet? If it is then new wallet should give you new address for account "0" and it's fine in that case. But I'm not sure how did you end up with moving you 1000 DRK from first MN to second one, you might misdid something. Can you give more info on how you set it up?

And "bad" news is though this error is harmless I have know idea how you hit it with getinfo command. Can you send me a debug.log pls? [email protected]

UdjinM6 as always on duty. Do you sleep sometimes? I think that nosleep attribute is very common for the darkcoin dev team ;)

I've been following Tao's guide, so setting up remote masternodes.
After I started the first MN off, all was well and was appearing on elbereth's ninja website.

I then renamed the darkcoin.conf (that had the details of 1st MN) on my local machine and created a new one with the details of the 2nd masternode. I then started the darkcoind service and thats when the problem started.

do you want me to upload the file with the "upload a file" button? Can I presume there is no info in the debug log that could compromise anything??

I've been following Tao's guide, so setting up remote masternodes.
After I started the first MN off, all was well and was appearing on elbereth's ninja website.

I then renamed the darkcoin.conf (that had the details of 1st MN) on my local machine and created a new one with the details of the 2nd masternode. I then started the darkcoind service and thats when the problem started.

do you want me to upload the file with the "upload a file" button? Can I presume there is no info in the debug log that could compromise anything??
So you did use the same wallet.dat and wanted to re-getaccoutaddress 0 that caused the problem right?.

Your 1st masternpode is not running anymore I suppose.

Send debug.log to Udjin. J
He is the man.

I didn't want to "re" getaccount address, I wanted a 2nd one for a second MN (thats me not understanding the procedure fully I guess). Yes I was using the same wallet.
1st MN was looking good on elbereths ninja site, but its no longer showing.

Use your email acvout to send it to him. Close the client. Goto %appdata% darkcoin foldet if you are windows user :) and there is the file debug.log

I didn't want to "re" getaccount address, I wanted a 2nd one for a second MN (thats me not understanding the procedure fully I guess). Yes I was using the same wallet.
1st MN was looking good on elbereths ninja site, but its no longer showing.
There could be some info on txes, addresses and IPs that you don't want to expose to public so it's better to use email.

As for masternodes setup "getaccountaddress 0" is quite redundant now - there is no such strict requirement for quite a long time but people are used to it. :smile: If you are using qt wallet you can simply create new receiving address (File->Receiving addresses...) and send another 1000 DRK there. However if you have all funds in one wallet and funding MNs from the same wallet you can accidentally send the same 1000 DRK you already sent to fund your first MN. This can happen because wallet tries to minimize fees and will select the best subset which in this case is exactly one input with no change. To prevent this to happen you can use Coin Control feature: "Settings"->"Options..."->"Wallet", under "Expert" check "Enable coin control features" and close Settings dialog. Now on "Send" tab you should see a new pane "Coin Control Features" and a new button "Inputs...". Click it and you'll see a new dialog with all your unspent "inputs". Locate 1000 DRK on your first MN address and select any other inputs until you have 1000+ DRK in "Amount". Alternatively you can switch to "List mode" and just lock first 1000 DRK (right click-> Lock unspent) to prevent them from spending. Close dialog and send exactly 1000 DRK to second MN address (this should not break you first MN now).

For running multiple MNs from one wallet I would also highly recommend to use "start-many" command. This will let you to leave darkcoin.conf alone and setup all your MNs in masternode.conf instead. Read full guide there https://darkcointalk.org/threads/re...rnodes-from-one-wallet-guide-start-many.4034/

I must be being special. Can't find his email here. Can't find PM either?
And "bad" news is though this error is harmless I have know idea how you hit it with getinfo command. Can you send me a debug.log pls? [email protected]
[email protected] <---- email

Use your email acvout to send it to him. Close the client. Goto %appdata% darkcoin foldet if you are windows user :) and there is the file debug.log
If you're in windows, you don't have to shut down the qt. Just click on Tools > Debug Console > Information > Open Debug log file, it opens as a text file on Notepad, then you can save it to send.

0FmEu1U.png

OK, had a look at the coin control. Is there a way for my main wallet to "absorb" that 1000 so I can start all over again from scratch??

UdjinM6, thanks so much for your help so far. Don't want to waste any more of your time if I am able to simply start from scratch. Your previous post was very enlightening!

0FmEu1U.png

OK, had a look at the coin control. Is there a way for my main wallet to "absorb" that 1000 so I can start all over again from scratch??

UdjinM6, thanks so much for your help so far. Don't want to waste any more of your time if I am able to simply start from scratch. Your previous post was very enlightening!
Not sure what you mean by "absorb" but if I get it right you can simply select 1000 DRK (by using checkboxes on the left side) and send it to any address you want.

I mean take back that 1000 into the "main" wallet, and then start again.
Do you think it's pointless doing that and I should simply try starting a masternode with the new address again?

OK, I just restarted the service and the getinfo is no longer showing the error :-

Tried starting the MN without editing any conf files from last night and all seems well.

Apologies, this is a learning process! Thanks for everyones help, especially UdjinM6, it's very much appreciated.

Going to try the masternode.conf now. Coin control to lock those puppies first though.

Back