• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Roadmap - Plans for the next release

I was thinking about a smart move for names for clients… And then how to create a visualisation method for the specific clients, something everyday people can connect with… Maybe we could try using cute animal names, like Polar Bear, Panda, etc… Start rooting in an emotional side to Dark… Darkcoin, good people!
And then that leads to the easy implementation of a system where depending on the client name chosen, using whichever method some funds can be sent to creating sustainable nodes for animal habitat protection. This way we turn Dark into a positive for humanity and the rest of the planet too…
Then the karma busting wheel starts turning even faster…. Dharma... And that will sell itself...Just wanted to throw that out there...
I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with next, so amazed and impressed! :)

And then we can end up with a clear model if you guys like it, I talked about it a while back. Lets say the current version is Panda:

Darkcoin Gold ''Panda Edition'' (loaded with all the features)
Darkcoin Silver ''Panda'' (less features)
Darkcoin Bronze ''Panda'' (basic features)

And then depending on the final features, we can determine the best model for feature distribution and use and implement their proper space in the different client versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about a smart move for names for clients… And then how to create a visualisation method for the specific clients, something everyday people can connect with… Maybe we could try using cute animal names, like Polar Bear, Panda, etc… Start rooting in an emotional side to Dark… Darkcoin, good people!
And then that leads to the easy implementation of a system where depending on the client name chosen, using whichever method some funds can be sent to creating sustainable nodes for animal habitat protection. This way we turn Dark into a positive for humanity and the rest of the planet too…
Then the karma busting wheel starts turning even faster…. Dharma... And that will sell itself...Just wanted to throw that out there...
I can't wait to hear what you guys come up with next, so amazed and impressed! :)

And then we can end up with a clear model if you guys like it, I talked about it a while back. Lets say the current version is Panda:

Darkcoin Gold ''Panda Edition'' (loaded with all the features)
Darkcoin Silver ''Panda'' (less features)
Darkcoin Bronze ''Panda'' (basic features)

And then depending on the final features, we can determine the best model for feature distribution and use and implement their proper space in the different client versions.
Just sounds corny. If I were an outsider and this was suppose to be a revolutionary digital currency, I certainly would pass over it with a name like that.

Hahaha, well the name would change with different versions… My perspective here, how is the name of an animal whose habitat you support(our habitat) more corny than a shade of black or a black stone…? What is clear is that it opens up great marketing opportunities which are not present in shades of black (you don't cry, laugh or feel for a shade of black like you do for an animal, people should feel Darkcoin and how being a supporter is like giving back to the whole planet as well as yourself, dharma… It doesn't take anything away and it gives so much.

Let me put it this way: if you contribute to something that will give back to the world (especially forever), the more ways the better, the good vibrations you create and hold will follow you everywhere and open up the paths before their other possible opening times.

So just suggesting we use all the tools at our disposal if they have their proper place in the plan. Can't wait to hear what this version will be called! :)

Hahaha, well the name would change with different versions… My perspective here, how is the name of an animal whose habitat you support(our habitat) more corny than a shade of black or a black stone…? What is clear is that it opens up great marketing opportunities which are not present in shades of black (you don't cry, laugh or feel for a shade of black like you do for an animal, people should feel Darkcoin and how being a supporter is like giving back to the whole planet as well as yourself, dharma… It doesn't take anything away and it gives so much.

Let me put it this way: if you contribute to something that will give back to the world (especially forever), the more ways the better, the good vibrations you create and hold will follow you everywhere and open up the paths before their other possible opening times.

So just suggesting we use all the tools at our disposal if they have their proper place in the plan. Can't wait to hear what this version will be called! :)
Or you do so by community funded masternodes that have their income streams donated to whatever charitable cause you want. Naming a version Darkcoin - Cute Puppy edition or the likes just comes off as cheesy in comparison to actually doing something (i.e. donations to various causes).

Good call on the community masternodes for charity, thats good thinking. Its coming I promise I'm on it if you feel like getting on that too we can coordinate if you like… It would be great however if we make that a part of our mission statement from the very beginning and that would be a way of illustrating that, it further justifies DRK if we give back to everyone and everything in our habitat consciously and methodically, whether people decide to go this way or not in the end… Because we have understanding of the rules, and we have ''security experts'' who can break them, it is important to focus the energy towards our manifestation. I know it sounds a bit cryptic… Anyways, I know what you mean by saying animals doesn't sound too financial, but then to that I have to answer how often do you see animals on coins and currency, all the time, so what is financial oblox if not that which is already associated with financial systems?

Canadian quarter(moose):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter_(Canadian_coin)

Loonie (Loon): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonie

The government collects taxes to protect national parks, species of animals, habitats, etc… if we want to become the financial system we need to do what they do and better, we need to provide for the areas they currently hold, we need to move into their spheres gentlemen, it is time, more space for the people and less space for inefficiency. With more accountability and transparency when it is desired or necessary, provided by the block chain.

One more thing real quick: Then it becomes really nice because it becomes like recycling, when someone accuses of not recycling… - Hey! What are you thinking using Bitcoin, Darkcoin is way better plus it saves the environment, using Bitcoin is like not recycling. Hahahaha

i was thinking about the Darksend mixing which is under review to make it more fluid, faster
and with better feedback towards users .. what if the wallet could give its users a visual signal when
it detects a lot of mixing going on? That way people who need to do some Darksend mixing for themself
will know it will be a good time to join the mixing right then and there.

Think of it like a traffic light, if its on green it means a lot of mixing going on while if its on red there is little
to no mixing going on.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9952125#msg9952125

Linking qwizzie btct post here and following discussion as part of future development ideas
Changes will include:
  • Improving Darksend mixing feedback to the user

Back