• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Darkcoin Guide - Bounty for guides / articles

balu

Foundation Member
Hey guys,

You might already know that I am running http://darkcoin.guide, which intends to be a central resource for everything Darkcoin related. Especially focusing on Q&A, Knowledge base, guides / video guides. My plan is to render our not so updated WIKIs obsolete by providing organized, wasy to access, updated articles.

The site is new, and needs content. In the long term I hope to see community contribution, but first it needs to cumulate an adequate level of content. To kickstart this, I am offering some DRK for each quality article submitted.

I thought about becoming member of the foundation, but then came up with this website idea, thinking that it might be more beneficial for the community. So the 100 DRK for the membership might be better spent here.

So, the details:

Current pool of funds: 100 DRK (will post the fund address in the evening for transparency, and for people who want to support the initiative)

Bounty per article: 0.2 DRK - 3 DRK. Bounty is subjective, and will depend on my judgement. Most important criteria: uniqueness, lenght, importance, having additional video, etc

(A unique video guide submitted to the darkcoin.guide youtube channel is most probably worth 3 DRK, while an 8 sentence article copied from somewhere is worth ~ 0.2 DRK. The rest is in between, with quality content averaging over 1 DRK. Top-notch content may be given 5DRK.)

Category: Whatever you think is possibly helping others. That's the goal of the site anyway.

Sources: All sources should be mentioned correctly, unless you are the creator of the original content.

All articles published on site will be listed here along with the author, and the bounty sent.

How to apply?
Msg me here, or drop me an email at [email protected], and I'll create an account on the site for you. I do not intend to have open registration.

How to send in content?
After being logged in the site you have the option of creating a new article, or making a revision of a current one. All the content needs to be approved before being displayed on the site.

If approved, the article will display the person who created the content.

What to write about?
There are questions listed on the main page that are not answered yet. That could be a starting point. Other than that, anything you think would be useful is fine with me.

Why is the bounty so low?
Good question. If you would only do this for the money, ignore this offer - there are way better paid jobs available on the Internet. Consider the bounty as a plus for something you would do anyway: help the community.

Let me know guys if you have any questions.

This is a great initiative
(i am not sure about the Foundation part, but i skip that for now ... :wink: )

DRK really needs a .guide page like this,
we need more newcomers and to support them with their technical needs / help / and support
this page is great !!
I am happy to contribute (and i do that with no pay, tx for the offer) as long as these technical/guide contents can be spread and linked to the DRK Network.
I have a couple of things lined up which will fit perfectly in here (we pm)

The best would be a list of guides/ FAQ / .... you need so people can work on that list and pick (and nobody is doing doubles)
Great plan !

Nothing. Who said there's anything wrong?
This is an awesome forum, and I'm glad people are using it. Still, it doesn't make a dedicated guide site obsolete.

Or it may. Or the guide site may make that section here obsolete. Or both remains.
Honestly, noone knows. But time will tell. This is the beauty of it.

And in the meantime, the community definitely won't be worse off, more of the contrary.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the reply about the RSS feed from you. Also, it's be great to know what would it take to get next to the Dark Wiki in the header here.

Thanks.

What's wrong with the guide section here?

nothing props !!
but you have to agree that this here is much more a community page (with threads and comments below a post)
a webpage is a "cleaner" approach (due to no comments below posts)
we need both !
and the more web presence we have the better ! there is no this is right, this is wrong..... only different approaches ... and I imagine the content will be shared between all pages anyway , so it will be just a different presentation but actually the same content !
:wink:

Back