• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What I'm paying for farms should be a crime.

Ignition75

Can't believe how cheaply I'm renting farms these days. They must be getting free electricity, I can't understand how anyone is making a profit at these prices.

If something sounds too good to be true... I'm not at all up to date with mining but there's a lot of crypto investments with a scent of ponzi at the mo, second stage expansions coming from reports of hugely successful first stages that suddenly collapse entirely when they don't get much interest, that kind of thing. All good stuff, far too much cotton wool in the world getting in the way of thinking and regulators are just another kind of middleman but it takes some getting used to, "...more than you can afford to lose" and all that :)

If something sounds too good to be true... I'm not at all up to date with mining but there's a lot of crypto investments with a scent of ponzi at the mo, second stage expansions coming from reports of hugely successful first stages that suddenly collapse entirely when they don't get much interest, that kind of thing. All good stuff, far too much cotton wool in the world getting in the way of thinking and regulators are just another kind of middleman but it takes some getting used to, "...more than you can afford to lose" and all that :)
What? If you're renting from betarigs or some other hash renter, if you don't get your advertised hash, you get your BTC back...

Rented two rigs over the weekend. One from betarigs.com and one from miningrigrentals.com Both exceeded their advertised speeds.

I'm talking about farm rentals, which are fairly solid. I think you're referring to Cloud Mining schemes and yeah, there's been a lot of Ponzi's in that space.

Me too. Propulsion was hitting the blocks like a mad dog ;)

Back