• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Updated masternodes, now don't seem to show up on Drk. Mn

2masternodes

I updated my masternodes to 16.6 and now I have no indication they are running. I have received no payments and they don't show up on Drk . MN

When I initially set them up yesterday they seemed to be running just fine

What gives?

I updated my masternodes to 16.6 and now I have no indication they are running. I have received no payments and they don't show up on Drk . MN

When I initially set them up yesterday they seemed to be running just fine

What gives?
Wait patch, its known issue.

Same here. Didn't realise it was a known issue since there are lots of nodes running the latest version which are not disappearing.
I reinstalled today and the node showed up for like half a day then disappeared again.

Same here. Didn't realise it was a known issue since there are lots of nodes running the latest version which are not disappearing.
I reinstalled today and the node showed up for like half a day then disappeared again.
When you say you reinstalled it, does that mean you are on the latest, 10.16.16? Not 6?

Did you delete peers.dat, did you initiate the start from local? More details to your update procedure please.

I hadn't touched it for ages so it was a few versions out of date. I just did what I normally do:

- Downloaded the new tar.gz.
- Stopped darkcoind.
- Extracted new version and replaced old darkcoind.
- Put wallet file on server.
- Started darkcoind and waited for it to catch up block chain.
- Started masternode with wallet password.
- Deleted wallet file.

I hadn't touched it for ages so it was a few versions out of date. I just did what I normally do:

- Downloaded the new tar.gz.
- Stopped darkcoind.
- Extracted new version and replaced old darkcoind.
- Put wallet file on server.
- Started darkcoind and waited for it to catch up block chain.
- Started masternode with wallet password.
- Deleted wallet file.
Eh, not sure on that because you aren't using a local remote setup but rather a hot masternode with the wallet.dat removed. Being that darkcoind is running and you are removing the wallet.dat, there might be issues there. Regardless, you'll definitely want to delete the peers.dat file as well when darkcoind is stopped.

Eh, not sure on that because you aren't using a local remote setup but rather a hot masternode with the wallet.dat removed. Being that darkcoind is running and you are removing the wallet.dat, there might be issues there. Regardless, you'll definitely want to delete the peers.dat file as well when darkcoind is stopped.

I'll try deleting the peers.dat file. It's just strange it showed up on drk.mn for so long. I've been using this set up from the start. I guess I'll look into the local remote setup since I don't feel comfortable leaving wallet file on remote box.

Back