• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

much more stable, no disconnection for me in the last 12 hours since Flare updated, well done

i have a bunch running fine and getting paid but 2 are disconnecting all the time ?! anything i can do ?
I re-downloaded the blockchain data leaving only the wallet.dat and darkcoin.conf and other hidden files in .darkcoin directory. Then, it did not get disconnected for the past 24 hrs. But, it hasn't got any paid yet. I missed the long discussion in the past 24 hrs. So, I am not sure if someone else fixed the problem or it has anything to do with my blockchain data.

XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs is now at 10.33% of the nethash and rising, we're not going to see 90% voluntary compliance by the look of it.

XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs is now at 10.33% of the nethash and rising, we're not going to see 90% voluntary compliance by the look of it.
Hopefully at around block 158000 when the 25% kicks in, we'll have around 75-80% and we can flip the switch then. I mentioned that miner in irc to Evan as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What amazes me is that coins that have no mining anchor still manage to make such little real progress compared to DRK. But think how much easier Evan's life would be as a developer if he wasn't constantly having to wait weeks on end for pools to get with the program.

Keep miners, just make them mine on Masternode pools: the centralisation issue goes away, the enforcement issue goes away, the updating issue goes away...

True, but currently, rolling out a fix is still a tedious pain in the arse as we're dependent on pools to implement it.
Yes, eduffield, Your life would be totally easier as a developer, why haven't you done it? :smile:
I would love to see the development to hurry up and be done with, the price goes up, drk goes to the moon so my life can be easier too!!! Why haven't we already done this? So simple isn't it?

Hopefully at around block 156800 when the 25% kicks in, we'll have around 75-80% and we can flip the switch then. I mentioned that miner in irc to Evan as well.
LOl 25% of MNs payments? it is so close? Didn`t realise it at all....

Is there any hard limit on the number of pools/mn's? I think having pools and masternodes are just the same. What we need is one single decentralized pool which make sure no one can cheat by having many pools/mn's. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Hard limit on masternodes yes (coin supply divided by 1000, rounded down to the whole number).

Hard limit on masternodes yes (coin supply divided by 1000, rounded down to the whole number).
That's only true if people cannot cheat on the 1000 DRK requirement. However, we are seeing some addresses getting MN payment without the 1000 DRK requirement.

That's only true if people cannot cheat on the 1000 DRK requirement. However, we are seeing some addresses getting MN payment without the 1000 DRK requirement.
Because enforcement is off. In theory, but the time we are even close to the max coinage, any possible exploit would long since be closed.

Whaaat where !
Proof ?!

Whaaat where !
Proof ?!
I actually mentioned this three times on this thread already. I should have said this is a serious exploit at the beginning to get better attention.

EDIT: Oh, I remember the first time I mentioned this. Someone said it was a miner refuse to pay. But, I replied that drk.mn reports this is a MN payment.

I actually mentioned this three times on this thread already. I should have said this is a serious exploit at the beginning to get better attention.

EDIT: Oh, I remember the first time I mentioned this. Someone said it was a miner refuse to pay. But, I replied that drk.mn reports this is a MN payment.
You can find more information about this exploit on here... it's an injected masternode list. Fixed in later releases (certainly in onyx) but will ocassionally get paid due to lack of enforcement. Nothing new by any means.

Back