• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

Tungfa I`m just spreading news to get the network healthy, thnx to Flare and ED for all this work!

Tungfa I`m just spreading news to get the network healthy, thnx to Flare and ED for all this work!

Love it ... DRK rules, as any problem is faced head on and solved in no time !
AMAZING ... tx to everybody involved !

As far as i know this will be fixed through enforcement.

If you want to do something against your masternode orphaning and dropping off the network (through fragmentation) and know how to compile on your own, you could try to set the protocol min version to 70043 here

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/version.h#L34

This will disallow old masternodes to connect to your new one and will reduce network fragmentation.

I did this about 24h ago for half of my Masternodes and can confirm that it works so far.

The patched darkcoind will stay active when queried from patched Masternodes.

Unpatched ones will still list it inactive sometimes, thought.

Is this going to be one of those cases where we are going to draw this out another few weeks when 90% isn't possible due to coinmine.pl no longer complying? I feel like the pool police were prompt about getting the news out and all the majors to the point of what would have been around 85% updated in a few days time. Coinmine is about 15% so their decision to stop paying says a lot. What happens if other pools do the same thing knowing that 90% isn't possible and the November deadline is still a few weeks away? Makes sense to be 20% more profitable on blocks found, don't you think?

Good point. Besides, it looks like no matter how much we wait, we cannot even get to 90% because numbers don't add up in drk.mn:

I am afraid this might trigger more and more angry masternode owners dumping as they get shitty payments.

aRoR2KJ.png

I`ve already e-mailed and msg`ed them too

I did this about 24h ago for half of my Masternodes and can confirm that it works so far.

The patched darkcoind will stay active when queried from patched Masternodes.

Unpatched ones will still list it inactive sometimes, thought.

I stand corrected: today at 12:36 UTC the patched Masternodes went inactive as well :sad:

I guess when I'm home from work I'll have a closer look into the source code again...

OK so....

Cryptoadhd just emailed me they are on MIN_PEER_PROTO_VERSION to 70043 and restarted daemon
miningpoolhub just emailed me they are on MIN_PEER_PROTO_VERSION to 70043 and restarted daemon

EDIT: I see that after adding this line... check the screen: http://scr.hu/1ame/so9o9 the pools stay chose to pay older versions....

Maybe slightly off-topic but is there any way of knowing how many participants or coins are available in the pool for darksend mixing? I've had my client open for three days now with around 1000DRK in it to be mixed for 1 round. So far 500 has been done but it's really slow going, happens in bursts now and again.

Is there really only such a small amount of denomination going on? With over 3m coins in circulation and an active community I'd have though mixing 1k of DRK would be a walk in the park...

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Walter

OK - this does not work - pool is still paying to older MNs

What worries me WAY more is the missing voting consensus, with 0.10.14.1it was almost ALWAYS 100%

Last 10 blocks:

Code:
Height   Consensus
156273   76.92%
156272   76.92%
156271   69.23%
156270   53.85%
156269   46.15%
156268   46.15%
156267   61.54%
156266   46.15%
156265   30.77%
156264   53.85%

What worries me WAY more is the missing voting consensus, with 0.10.14.1it was almost ALWAYS 100%

Last 10 blocks:

Code:
Height   Consensus
156273   76.92%
156272   76.92%
156271   69.23%
156270   53.85%
156269   46.15%
156268   46.15%
156267   61.54%
156266   46.15%
156265   30.77%
156264   53.85%
As these numbers are based on elbereth site and 5 out of his 16 monitoring nodes (31%) are currently disconnected from the masternode network, there is no way to have 100%.

elbereth has to restart his nodes first, so that they can catch up with the network again.

OK - this does not work - pool is still paying to older MNs

I did not say that this will solve the problems immediately - the v14 entries are still relayed by the network and still present in the masternode list. This is something which has to level out over time, the MIN_PEER_PROTO_VERSION patch will just make it harder for v14 peers to get into the list as less and less peers will connect with them.

As these numbers are based on elbereth site and 5 out of his 16 monitoring nodes (31%) are currently disconnected from the masternode network, there is no way to have 100%.

elbereth has to restart his nodes first, so that they can catch up with the network again.

Why are they disconnected from the MN network? They are normal nodes started with 0.10.15.13 compiled from github.
They are connected fine with good number of peers for the non-mn protocol.
Why should I need to restart them. I see that as something wrong (attack or instability) with current version and could explain why we are seeing constant MN disappear and re-appear.
I will restart them for now. But that is not normal.

This feels like a grave for masternode owners. He mined in 12 days 1800 Darkcoins. Now he is getting paid every 5 minutes. The network doesnt look healthy in case of distribution since a while. If this trend goes on after the next fork im also out. I appreciate the hard work of everyone, but there must be at least a minumum consistency... other coins like nxt implement also risky stuff. Im here since the beginning of Mn payments... and it was a bumpy ride so far.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/drk/address.dws?XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs.htm

Back