• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Total n00b question - AMD R9 270

stonehedge

Foundation Member
Hi,

I don't mine and don't have any illusions of it being viable to mine with a solo GPU.

However...could somebody advise on the best version of sgminer and config to maximise hashing power of this GPU?

I'm just doing some proof of concept work in conjunction with the official darkcointalk mining pool. I'm investigating ideas on how to raise a few duffs for the darkcoin foundation. A public announcement will be made if my poc is successful and the idea turns out to be viable!

Thanks in advance

sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-07-20-win32

or

sgminer_x11x13mod_01_07_2014

Both served me very well.

-g 2 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 16 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --no-submit-stale

or

-g 2 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 5120 -I 17 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --no-submit-stale

Both served me very well :wink:

You can push a 270 pretty hard, I used to run @ I18, tc8192, w128, 1075core/1250mem (mem clock didn't seem to make much difference so I turned it down) and got ~1.9MH with the older 13.something drivers and ~2.3MH I think with the 14.6 drivers. You can get more core freq out of most of them but I like months-on-end-stable and not too thirsty on the elastictrickery.

instead of -I 17 try xintensity 268 or some other number, it makes my old 6950 go up from 1.855 meg to just over 2 megs.

sgminer-5.0-pre-release-2014-07-20-win32

or

sgminer_x11x13mod_01_07_2014

Both served me very well.

-g 2 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 8192 -I 16 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --no-submit-stale

or

-g 2 -w 64 --thread-concurrency 5120 -I 17 --expiry 1 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --no-submit-stale

Both served me very well :wink:
Just FYI, thread concurrency isn't used in X11, I'm fairly sure.

Just FYI, thread concurrency isn't used in X11, I'm fairly sure.
Hmmm... When I input --shaders 1280 I get a lot more sick cards vs --thread-concurrency 5120 or 8192...

Perhaps shaders is passing something and TC is passing nothing...

Hmmm... When I input --shaders 1280 I get a lot more sick cards vs --thread-concurrency 5120 or 8192...

Perhaps shaders is passing something and TC is passing nothing...

If you look at the names of the bin files, you'll see there is no TC in the name. Dunno exactly what else shaders may do, though.

If you look at the names of the bin files, you'll see there is no TC in the name. Dunno exactly what else shaders may do, though.
Interesting... It's definitely doing something, I just went and took --shaders 1280 out of all my config files, it goes a little harder but lots more instability...

stonehedge, if you don't mine, how are you pulling 17DRK/day on the darkcointalk pool? Is that 500MH generated by sheer panache? :eek:

I prefer the term elan ;) The source of my hash rates vary. I'm a hardware person in my day job so sometimes I have access to some incredibly grown up hardware for a day or two before it goes into production. I deployed a very large HP Moonshot configuration for a client earlier this week. Think combined CPU and GPU mining but an effing huge load of it. More often than not I have rental contracts. The downside with the darkcointalk pool is that it blacklists the 3.5Ghs rig I use now and again :(

When I had access to the moonshot hardware I was accounting for over 10% of the network hash rate.

I have almost no experience mining with graphics cards and PCs. This is new to me. My PC has a 270 and I'm just keen to get the most out of it for a little project I have going to try to raise some funds for the foundation whilst distributing mining as much as possible.

^ Just to clarify, my project is more around mass participation charitable idle cpu cycle mining rather than GPU mining but I wanted to test a few things out using my GPU. I've been getting about 2.1Mhs out of it so I'm pretty pleased. I don't even need the fan above 50% to keep it below 60 degrees either.

Back