• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Please Update To v10.14.1 - Masternode Security Update

Things look different for XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq after block 148816
http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html?srch&nmstr=XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq
Another bug?
No, chaeplin updated his server at block ~148811 - after this his masternode list does not contain the XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq entries anymore. So his darkcoind is expecting different payee (correct), but pools which did not update yet still select to pay to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq (fault --> "not detected")

This will get better the more pools update to 0.10.14.1

No, chaeplin updated his server at block ~148811 - after this his masternode list does not contain the XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq entries anymore. So his darkcoind is expecting different payee (correct), but pools which did not update yet still select to pay to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq (fault)

eduffield, flare, chaeplin,
some of you developers should have a list of pools and send them a note (or use the red phone) when things like this happen.

I can't be true that people like me have to inform suchpool (our biggest pool) to do the update. They had no idea....:mad:

Bat_Phone.jpg

I agree neither me but as a pool compiliance police ;) i'll msg all pools today to update with the link of Flare to do that cause Evan didnt stated it if i'm not wrong...

No, chaeplin updated his server at block ~148811 - after this his masternode list does not contain the XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq entries anymore. So his darkcoind is expecting different payee (correct), but pools which did not update yet still select to pay to XwzmEE1cJ6HG84CgJvAt7ADmJ8W9Wh65Tq (fault --> "not detected")

hmmm...I thought it was stated before that only MNs are critical to update not pools....

@ Crowning. LOL...is that Evan?

To be honest I've pointed out the need for improved communications enough times now. I wish I had time to take some of the responsibility myself but I don't. Things need to improve though. If we get a red alert issue everybody needs to know what they need to do (if anything) as quickly clearly as possible. This should include a "do nothing" message if appropriate to keep the community calm.

No fix needed, that´s our attacker pubkey used as output.

Has anybody sent him or her a message asking him nicely to stop? He's done us a favour in a way but he is stealing indiscriminately from people, some of whom will be relying on and hoping for masternode income. Its all very well saying he or she is going to give he stolen DRK away but I wish they were going to the people who should have got them...

He just injected his MNs on the masternode list.
Pools need to update to 14.1 so they are not used anymore.

He just injected his MNs on the masternode list.
Pools need to update to 14.1 so they are not used anymore.

We have to start begging the pools again to update, especially in a critical moment like this? There gotta be some other way. yes, some pools are very quick to respond to updates and I appreciate that but some stubborn ones are making me sick already.

Appart from a mandatory update like v15 there is nothing we can do to force them.
And it will be difficult to make them go to v15 with the MN reward going upward to 60% (increasing each month).

some of you developers should have a list of pools and send them a note (or use the red phone) when things like this happen.

I can't be true that people like me have to inform suchpool (our biggest pool) to do the update. They had no idea....:mad:

Did inform Wafflepool, Coinotron and Miningpoolhub (which are still paying him).

Doing the rest now...

LOL.... Suchpool already knew when this happened...

hmmm...I thought it was stated before that only MNs are critical to update not pools....
Where was that stated? All clients share the masternode list, you can test this by typing "masternode list" in your console. As long as you are using client version < 0.10.14.1 this list will contain made up entries - and if you are additionally a pool/miner your client will also select the wrong entries for MN payout.

Nope, I contacted eth2 via IRC and he appreciated the information a lot and immediately updated while we were talking.

Nice guy :smile:
LOL... he was ... playing, maybe? lol but he was there chatting all along with us last night ... haha..

Back