• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Have a look at the transition CEO ScoreCard for Patrick Quinn. He lays out his 4 big goals for the first 90 days.

solarguy

(Sorry for the clumsy formatting here on the forum. solarguy)

Transition CEO Scorecard for the First 90 days​

1. Is the delivery schedule for Platform clarified?
a. Are all complexities, dependencies, gaps, etc. well documented?

b. Is an updated delivery schedule, taking into account 1.a above, communicated clearly to the community, with a specific launch date for Platform
running on mainnet? *

2. Is Dash Core Group’s strategic vision for Dash and Dash Platform clarified, documented and shared with the network? Without a compelling and well defined use
case (s), all the marketing in the world will not produce big jumps in usage and adoption. That’s what Dash really needs, and the sooner the better.
a. What is Dash?
b. What is Dash Platform
c. Has the new and compelling Vision for Dash been clearly communicated to the community such that all marketing efforts can be refined and become more
exciting and effective?

3. Do we have specific, measurable and realistic key performance indicators to measure Dash Core Group’s progress?

4. Is communication and engagement, on the part of the CEO, improved? For example AMAs on Reddit DashPay and interview(s) with Joel on Digital Cash Network.

“In general, I strongly want measurable deliverables to be scored on. I’m in favor of a lot of other deliverables as we go forward as well, but these 4 items are important right now, and they are achievable. I don’t think that much more than these things can be accomplished in 90 days.”

Patrick Quinn

Last edited:
I don't want to see Evo rushed, I want to see it down prioritised while we get our core protocol/QT wallet back on track.

What I want to see is two major (forking) releases a year at around a similar date each year, for example February and August (other months could be good too, this is just an example) once we agree on the months, DCG always pushes out a release, no exception on those two occasions and the network forks in the changes. Having a predictable date will mean that the community of Dash, ie the miners, the exchanges, the service providers, the MNOs, the holders and everyone else will come to expect updates at certain times of the year and not only pro actively go out looking for them, but also start their processes around updating. These ad-hoc releases are total bullshit and serve only to confuse people and blind-sight them every step of the way.

''Is communication and engagement, on the part of the CEO, improved?''

Interim CEO or to be completely specific : New DCG Interim CEO

Last edited:
''Is communication and engagement, on the part of the CEO, improved?''

Interim CEO or to be completely specific : New DCG Interim CEO

It is hoped that regular, objective, measurable KPIs become the expectation and the norm for future CEOs, as well as our 90 day transition CEO, Patrick.

thanks for the comment

Just to be clear @solarguy
Is the goal for 90 days to answer these questions or actually do what the questions are about?

The goal is to accomplish those 4 things.

And the score card is, Did Patrick accomplish those 4 things.

My perspective after 90+ days. I might be wrong or don't be aware of some outcomes.

-> No
-> No
b. Is an updated delivery schedule, taking into account 1.a above, communicated clearly to the community, with a specific launch date for Platform
running on mainnet? *
-> No

2. Is Dash Core Group’s strategic vision for Dash and Dash Platform clarified, documented and shared with the network? Without a compelling and well defined use
case (s), all the marketing in the world will not produce big jumps in usage and adoption. That’s what Dash really needs, and the sooner the better.
-> No. Nothing I am aware of.
a. What is Dash?
b. What is Dash Platform
-> There was some information shared recently.
c. Has the new and compelling Vision for Dash been clearly communicated to the community such that all marketing efforts can be refined and become more exciting and effective?
-> No. Nothing I am aware of.

3. Do we have specific, measurable and realistic key performance indicators to measure Dash Core Group’s progress?
-> No.

4. Is communication and engagement, on the part of the CEO, improved? For example AMAs on Reddit DashPay and interview(s) with Joel on Digital Cash Network.
-> No improvement (comparing to the previous CEO).

It will be interesting to see the final results of this scoreboard, as i understand Patrick intends to do the scoring on himself.

I also wonder if Patrick has been involved at any level with the whole High Performance Masternode discussion / setting up decision proposals.
As interim CEO of DCG he should be (or should have been) involved in such an important change of course and deviation of the Dash Roadmap, correct ?

To be honest there are times i even forgot we have an interim-CEO of DCG.

Last edited:
When DCG Interim CEO Scorecard Results? (Patrick's three-month interim CEO tenure ended on September 20th)

@solarguy We are now approaching the end of November, more than four weeks after the interim term concluded, and the community has received no communications or scorecard results.

A scorecard document was presented to the Dash community in July to assess and measure Patrick's performance.

Patrick had four primary goals that he intended to accomplish in the first 90 days.

Patrick Transition CEO Scorecard Details:

b. Is an updated delivery schedule, taking into account 1.a above, communicated clearly to the community, with a specific launch date for Platform running on mainnet?

2. Is Dash Core Group’s strategic vision for Dash and Dash Platform clarified, documented and shared with the network? Without a compelling and well defined use case (s), all the marketing in the world will not produce big jumps in usage and adoption. That’s what Dash really needs, and the sooner the better.
a. What is Dash?
b. What is Dash Platform?
c. Has the new and compelling Vision for Dash been clearly communicated to the community such that all marketing efforts can be refined and become more exciting and effective?

“In general, I strongly want measurable deliverables to be scored on. I’m in favor of a lot of other deliverables as we go forward as well, but these 4 items are important right now, and they are achievable. I don’t think that much more than these things can be accomplished in the first 90 days.” - Patrick Quinn

My Questions:

1. No formal updates on Patrick's performance over the previous four weeks to date have been provided by the Trust Protectors, DCG Board, or Patrick himself. Why?
  2. Where are the outcomes for the aforementioned objectives 1, 2, and 4?
  3. Has the delay in the scorecard results been caused by unmet objectives?
  4. Which entity decides who gets to be DCG's full-time CEO: the DCG Board or the Trust Protectors?
My Concerns:

Patrick seems to have fallen short of the goals he had set for himself. My worry is that, if Patrick is unable to meet his own performance deadlines he outlined and communicated to the network, it does not build confidence that he will be able to lead, manage and hold the DCG Core Dev team accountable to product scope and delivery dates if he has not met his probationary interim deadlines.

It's ironic and worrisome that his own objectives outlined to the network to improve delivery times, communication, and strategic tasks to measure individual and team performance appear to be unmet.

Reactions: kot
I don't think there is a need to wait for the "official report".
You would see the results, if there were any.

I don't think there is a need to wait for the "official report".
You would see the results, if there were any.

This is disappointing and detrimental to my investment. Do the Trust Protectors and DCG not keep an eye on this forum?

How can we get them to respond on the forum?

I tagged @solarguy as they made the announcement on the forum, but is there anyone else we can tag for a response?

Knipsel.JPG

Source : www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/ye20is/friendly_reminder_trust_protectors_meet_every/

I am ready for that big (unrelated) announcement that is related to this topic.

download.png

Friendly reminder, the Trust Protectors publish 99% of their notes and minutes from every meeting (everything except for the tiny percentage that is legitimately private for various reasons). They are appended to this link, so this link is all you need to keep up with the current activity of the TPs:

Sorry for my lateness. This is the forum that I check the least frequently. I have put it on my calendar and it will no longer be neglected.
In the meantime, as another avenue for more and better communication, you can always email me at my official Dash address. I respond to virtually everything and everybody that needs a response. I suppose that in the wonderful event that I was flooded with lots of email from the enthusiastic Dash community I might not be able to respond to every single one, but certainly they would get read.

[email protected] (aka solarguy)

Back