• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash masternode dashcore installing

This is a bit confusing, because I don't know what part of the process you are in. Do you have the 1000 Dash collateral already? Ideally, the rough outline of the process is as follows.

1. Send 1000 Dash exactly to an address in your Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet.
  2. In the Core QT Desktop wallet, issue the bls generate command this will create two keys, copy paste them to notepad. The secret key is also copied to the masternode server, the DMZ will ask for it when installing, or you can later replace using the edit dash.conf option.
  3. In the Core wallet, issue protx register_prepare and observe the required keys.
  4. To continue, click on the Receiving tab in the core wallet and for the label type in something similar to MN_Owner now press the create receiving address button. Repeat this process for the MN_Voting key and the MN_Payout key.
  5. Back in the Console, fill out the protx register_prepare command using the IP address of the VPS server (and port (9999)), the BLS key, the 3 addresses you just made and an address in your wallet that has a small amount of Dash for the fee. eg 0.0001 Dash.
  6. Then copy/paste the output it asks you to sign the message with your collateral address, this is something you need to do with the hardware wallet, instructions on how to do this come with the wallet.
  7. Once the message is signed, you can continue in the core wallet with protx register_submit this will complete the process and get the node online.
If you already have an existing MN, it is probably worth setting it up as described above again because this setup will be the least hassle and give you the most flexibility.
Hello one more time!
I am on step 5 and I keep getting "No funds at specified address ************* (code -32603)". But there are funds which should be enough for the fee. How can I fix that?

We keep getting answer that on our payoutAddress which will be used as feeSourceAddress as well don;t have funds. But it has. Also we don;t understand what
(feeSourceAddress) - The private key belonging to this address must be known in your wallet. - means?

Last edited:
Hello one more time!
I am on step 5 and I keep getting "No funds at specified address ************* (code -32603)". But there are funds which should be enough for the fee. How can I fix that?

We keep getting answer that on our payoutAddress which will be used as feeSourceAddress as well don;t have funds. But it has. Also we don;t understand what
(feeSourceAddress) - The private key belonging to this address must be known in your wallet. - means?

XZtuNXQ.jpg

Source : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#register-your-masternode

If you have funds in the payoutaddress and you want to use those funds to pay for this protx transaction then it should be like this :

protx register_prepare collateralHash collateralIndex ipAndPort ownerKeyAddr operatorPubKey votingKeyAddr operatorReward payoutAddress

You can also add a new address (feesourceAddress) inside your DashCore wallet, put some funds into it and pay the protx transaction fee from that address by using the optional feeSourceAddress, the protx command then looks like this :

protx register_prepare collateralHash collateralIndex ipAndPort ownerKeyAddr operatorPubKey votingKeyAddr operatorReward payoutAddress feeSourceAddress

When registering from the DashCore wallet :

The feeSourceAdress needs to be known inside the wallet that you are using to create the protx command with. And i suspect the same for the payoutAddress, if you plan to have the protx transaction fee paid from there. Both receiving addresses in that case need to be present in the DashCore wallet that you are using to create the protx command with. So that the DashCore wallet can collect the protx transaction fee.

In my experience it is best to just create a new receiving address in your DashCore wallet (debug console : getnewaddress), name it feeSourceAddress (File-Receiving addresses-add name) and sent some small Dash funds to it and then create the following command on your DashCore wallet :

protx register_prepare collateralHash collateralIndex ipAndPort ownerKeyAddr operatorPubKey votingKeyAddr operatorReward payoutAddress feeSourceAddress

And then follow the rest of the setup guide.

This way, the DashCore wallet can use the funds inside its own wallet to create the protx transaction and you can use payoutAddress to receive masternode payments externally (either on another DashCore wallet or on a hardware wallet).

Last edited:
If the wallet is password locked, you will need to unlock it before running that command in the console.

Reactions: Rul
XZtuNXQ.jpg

Source : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/setup.html#register-your-masternode

If you have funds in the payoutaddress and you want to use those funds to pay for this protx transaction then it should be like this :

protx register_prepare collateralHash collateralIndex ipAndPort ownerKeyAddr operatorPubKey votingKeyAddr operatorReward payoutAddress

You can also add a new address (feesourceAddress) inside your DashCore wallet, put some funds into it and pay the protx transaction fee from that address by using the optional feeSourceAddress, the protx command then looks like this :

When registering from the DashCore wallet :

The feeSourceAdress needs to be known inside the wallet that you are using to create the protx command with. And i suspect the same for the payoutAddress, if you plan to have the protx transaction fee paid from there. Both receiving addresses in that case need to be present in the DashCore wallet that you are using to create the protx command with. So that the DashCore wallet can collect the protx transaction fee.

In my experience it is best to just create a new receiving address in your DashCore wallet (debug console : getnewaddress), name it feeSourceAddress (File-Receiving addresses-add name) and sent some small Dash funds to it and then create the following command on your DashCore wallet :

And then follow the rest of the setup guide.

This way, the DashCore wallet can use the funds inside its own wallet to create the protx transaction and you can use payoutAddress to receive masternode payments externally (either on another DashCore wallet or on a hardware wallet).
Thank you! It helped me!

This is a bit confusing, because I don't know what part of the process you are in. Do you have the 1000 Dash collateral already? Ideally, the rough outline of the process is as follows.

1. Send 1000 Dash exactly to an address in your Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet.
  2. In the Core QT Desktop wallet, issue the bls generate command this will create two keys, copy paste them to notepad. The secret key is also copied to the masternode server, the DMZ will ask for it when installing, or you can later replace using the edit dash.conf option.
  3. In the Core wallet, issue protx register_prepare and observe the required keys.
  4. To continue, click on the Receiving tab in the core wallet and for the label type in something similar to MN_Owner now press the create receiving address button. Repeat this process for the MN_Voting key and the MN_Payout key.
  5. Back in the Console, fill out the protx register_prepare command using the IP address of the VPS server (and port (9999)), the BLS key, the 3 addresses you just made and an address in your wallet that has a small amount of Dash for the fee. eg 0.0001 Dash.
  6. Then copy/paste the output it asks you to sign the message with your collateral address, this is something you need to do with the hardware wallet, instructions on how to do this come with the wallet.
  7. Once the message is signed, you can continue in the core wallet with protx register_submit this will complete the process and get the node online.
If you already have an existing MN, it is probably worth setting it up as described above again because this setup will be the least hassle and give you the most flexibility.
Which wallets will you reccomend to sign a message in? If my funds are on Ledger Nano X.

From the VPS server in the dash.conf file just copy the BLS key to notepad. Then go to the VPS admin panel (in the browser) and select to reinstall the OS, choose Ubuntu 21 LTS, not 22! and reimage the VPS. From there follow the Zeus instructions, you start by logging in as root again. When the zeus asks for the BLS key, just paste it back in.
Hi! The first thing I want to say is thank you for your work!
Question 1:
You probably made a mistake. No version Ubuntu 21 LTS. Maybe Ubuntu 20 LTS?
Question 2:
Do I need to make settings for the server from your previous manuals before starting DMZ?

Question 1:
You probably made a mistake. No version Ubuntu 21 LTS. Maybe Ubuntu 20 LTS?

Hi! Yes, I made a mistake, I meant Ubuntu 20 LTS, not 21. The sentinel will be updated to work with 22, but until then, it is safer to use previous version.

Question 2:
Do I need to make settings for the server from your previous manuals before starting DMZ?

Nope, just start fresh with the DMZ. If you did follow the guide already and want use DMZ now to update the masternode and manage it, that will work too, they are compatible with each other, but I think starting from fresh is better because the DMZ will apply some tweaks to the system to make it work better with Dash Masternode and it only does this once when it first runs, after that, it doesn't re-apply them.

Back