• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Trust Protector Elections 2022

AgnewPickens

Staff member
Chief Sock Advisor
Copy/pasta

We are happy to announce the 2022 Trust Protector election for the Dash DAO Irrevocable Trust. Trust Protector Election Details

Candidate Application Submission Period:
March 22, 2022 – April 1, 2022, 11:59 PM UTC:

Open applications April 2, 2022 – April 3, 2022:

Finalize election page and candidate profiles April 4, 2022 – April 14, 2022:

Open Masternode voting period April 15, 2022 – April 16, 2022: Vote tallying and validation April 17, 2022 – Results announced The Dash Incubator team will overview the process.

As Dash Watch is no longer operational. The Dash Incubator has created a new website with a voting tool where masternode operators will be able to vote on the published list of candidates. Special thanks to @rion, @coolaj86, and @Hilawe for your efforts in delivering this solution for the network.

Also thanks to @paragon and @dash-AI for cooperating with the Trust Protectors and Dash Incubator.

Disclaimer - This voting tool is hosted by the Dash Incubator, the Trust Protector provided URL (vote.dashtrust.org) is provided for convenience. The Trust Protectors are not hosting or running this election.

To apply to be a candidate in the Trust Protector election please send a completed application before 11:59 PM UTC on April 1, 2022.

https://newsroom.dash.org/182302-dash-trust-protector-election-2022

Last edited:
copy/pasta from Discord

1. Reminder Just a matter of hours before the 2022 Dash Trust Protector application closes. https://vote.dashtrust.org/

April 1, 2022, 11:59 PM UTC: Open applications
    After that we'll have a couple days to finalize the voting site with the applicants to vote on. Then we have the vote:

April 4, 2022 – April 14, 2022: Open Masternode voting period

2. [2:13 PM]
    As some have asked, I can confirm that we do have more than 6 applicants, so this will be a meaningful vote (there are at most 6 TPs at any time, per the original setup).

3. [2:14 PM]
    The more applicants the better. If you're interested, sign up before the deadline at midnight tonight (UTC).

Trust Protector voting is open (has been for a day or two but we just did final testing last night). https://vote.dashtrust.org/ A first draft of summary videos on how to vote and how votes are tallied is done:
The video and docs should be edited and linked to by tomorrow. Potentially adding profile links is also on our todo list, but we haven't made a final decision on that yet: https://github.com/dashhive/trust-vote-site/issues/3 Happy to answer any questions.

Three questions, addresed to all Trust Protectos (TP).

1. What should be the minimum number of votes , as a precentage of the total possible votes, you should receive in order to be named a TP? For example, in the hypothetical case you would receive only 3 votes (out of 4289 possible) and still you would be able to get elected, do you think it would be fair to receive the TP title ?
  2. The TP election procedure allows voters to cast only positive votes, and not negative votes. I can vote for the TP I trust, but not for the TP I do not trust. For example, in case someone is trusted by 500 masternodes and not trusted by 2000, due to the election system he is elected as a TP. Do you think this is fair?
  3. Is trust something that starts at 4 April 2022 and ends at 14 April 2022, during the TP election period? What if I the network trusts someone at 14 April, and at 15 April it stops trusting him? Do you think it is fair for the network to tolerate this TP for the next one year?
TLDR: The TP election system is stupid, and stupid are also all those who do not question it and trust it.

Last edited:
This is a very good point and it's something I've been thinking about with the treasury voting cycles. We've seen all these ideas about registered voting and so on but really the solution is quite straight forward; only pass proposals where 50% or more of MNOs vote. That's not forced voting but it sure will make them vote if they feel it is important. And, most importantly, it is there job to vote, not just to be a passive investor. I feel @vazaki3 is correct, there should be a minimum threshold and there certainly are people in this election that I do not approve of. At the very least, let's eliminate candidates that have more down votes than up votes as those people are clearly polarizing opinion.

I guess Evan didn't anticipate that the DAO could be faced with a destructive blocking minority.

I guess Evan didn't anticipate that the DAO could be faced with a destructive blocking minority.
Not predicting the arrival of a destructive blocking minority is similar of not expecting that you will die one day.
It will happen. Prepare for it.

Last edited:
Result :
DTP-2022.JPG

source :

Let me reveal the vote analysis of the recent TP election.
@xkcd created the table and did verify the votes, it is all looking legit.
Only issue is the 229whale weejohnny who really did control the outcome of the poll.
Have a look at the votes in the below link, you can sort the collumns by clicking in the collumn header.

https://apogee.dynu.net/tp-2022/

Later on we may put some filters in the table, so that you can do your personal analysis easier.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips for the apogee Hosting: Xhf1d5nmRreWC3YkvQXWswFbPdpGyU6rRB . Tips for the apogee Development: Xy7bXZd5BE8XrtHNUvUd6WfHhai8fozfxy

Last edited:
This vote is questionable, not by its result but by the fact that there is less voting than on a classic budget vote.

Moreover it goes through an intermediary of trust, which is contrary to the principle of Dash. I don't dispute the results, just that if someone wants to dispute them, unfortunately it would be admissible.
Apparently no one is contesting it.

When to be surprised that one or more big MNO is influencing the vote, it seems strange to me but maybe it's useful to remember that Dash is a service financed by the MNO and that it's an economic business that tends to bring a tool that some people think useful for the greatest number of users. Hence their investment.
Some seem to confuse Dash with a democratic political party. This is outside of Dash's purview.

And if a minority in the community thinks that politics is more important than the success of Dash as a service, this may explain the disinterest of the majority of potential users, because it is publicly presented as a closed ideological political tool and not as a useful pragmatic open service for people.

This parenthesis aside, understanding this vote seems to me more interesting than knowing who voted, because we know it's MNOs.

The one who received the most votes seems not to be part of the public speaking minority, he seems to be focused on the success of Dash as a service, he seems to have a professional and responsible adult attitude.

He seems to be a person who builds for Dash...
And not a person who fights against X Y Z ...

When to be surprised that one or more big MNO is influencing the vote, it seems strange to me but maybe it's useful to remember that Dash is a service financed by the MNO and that it's an economic business that tends to bring a tool that some people think useful for the greatest number of users. Hence their investment.
Some seem to confuse Dash with a democratic political party. This is outside of Dash's purview.
Dash is neither a financial service, nor a parliamentary political party.
Dash is a (virtual?) state. Dash is a Timocracy. And as all Timocracies it will evolve to a Democracy, to a Republic or to a Aristocracy. Or it will die.

History repeats itself.

Timocracy in Ancient Greece.
Solon introduced the ideas of timokratia as a graded oligarchy in his Solonian Constitution for Athens in the early 6th century BC. His was the first known deliberately implemented form of timocracy, allocating political rights and economic responsibility depending on membership of one of four tiers of the population. Solon defined these tiers by measuring how many bushels of produce each man could produce in a year.

Timocracy in the US.
In the early times of American independence only men who would hold enough property and money (except in New Jersey, where women meeting the requirements were allowed as well) could vote;

Last edited:
This vote is questionable, not by its result but by the fact that there is less voting than on a classic budget vote.

Moreover it goes through an intermediary of trust, which is contrary to the principle of Dash. I don't dispute the results, just that if someone wants to dispute them, unfortunately it would be admissible.
Apparently no one is contesting it.

And if a minority in the community thinks that politics is more important than the success of Dash as a service, this may explain the disinterest of the majority of potential users, because it is publicly presented as a closed ideological political tool and not as a useful pragmatic open service for people.

This parenthesis aside, understanding this vote seems to me more interesting than knowing who voted, because we know it's MNOs.

The one who received the most votes seems not to be part of the public speaking minority, he seems to be focused on the success of Dash as a service, he seems to have a professional and responsible adult attitude.

He seems to be a person who builds for Dash...
And not a person who fights against X Y Z ...

This appears to be a sensible analysis

Back