• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Hosted nodes / nodes as a service providers that support Dash

luckymx

Does anyone know of any hosted node / node as a service providers that support Dash nodes? The only one know I know of is getblock.io but at $600/month for a dedicated node they are outside my budget.

My goal is to get access to a reliable Dash json-rpc API. I don't want to run the node on my own infrastructure because the application I am working on will require access to many blockchains and maintaining high-availability nodes for each blockchain would consume too much engineering time.

@Bertrand256 are your new servers you use for DMT are tough enough to handle this?
I confirm what @splawik21 mentioned: for the needs of the DMT application, there are two "public" nodes with the Dash API exposed to outside world, but whether you can use them depends on what traffic you would generate and what kind of availability you need. As for availability, the service does not have 24/7 human care (the servers do, but the dash daemon does not), so while this is OK for DMT purposes, it may not be enough for services that require near 100% uptime.

I confirm what @splawik21 mentioned: for the needs of the DMT application, there are two "public" nodes with the Dash API exposed to outside world, but whether you can use them depends on what traffic you would generate and what kind of availability you need. As for availability, the service does not have 24/7 human care (the servers do, but the dash daemon does not), so while this is OK for DMT purposes, it may not be enough for services that require near 100% uptime.

Thanks @Bertrand256 . I did actually stumble across these nodes. There are only three methods I need to call:
  1. {"method": "masternodelist", "params": [], "id": 1}
  2. {"method": "getblockhash", "params": [BLOCK_ID], "id": 1}
  3. {"method": "masternode", "params": ["payments", BLOCK_HASH, 1], "id": 1}
Currently it appears I can call 1 and 2 using the DMT nodes but when I attempt to call 3 I get a "403 Forbidden" error:

Code:
curl \
  -i --user $USERNAME:$PASSWORD \
  --data '{"method": "masternode", "params": ["payments", "000000000000001a1609a87ce7c1506416593f838219ce67ccb5f7419f77e0e8", 1], "id": 1}' \
  --header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  https://alice.dash-masternode-tool.org

HTTP/2 403
date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 06:44:10 GMT
content-type: text/html
cf-cache-status: DYNAMIC
expect-ct: max-age=604800, report-uri="https://report-uri.cloudflare.com/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct"
report-to: {"endpoints":[{"url":"https:\/\/a.nel.cloudflare.com\/report\/v3?s=DSBdWpLzSDolkowncJQbSOAG4z4E34jexzH%2BSU7NPSszrf8xm%2Be1hfAS63cA9cUYubUEmmhu%2BvoBCrViYWsIxUCYP8795PTCF7FxbWYBdpc4y6x698st%2BnID%2BCUbNfxDyBW3XxuYF3l3fyTON2ByAOw%3D"}],"group":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}
nel: {"success_fraction":0,"report_to":"cf-nel","max_age":604800}
server: cloudflare
cf-ray: 6f89086848ca5a91-MEL
alt-svc: h3=":443"; ma=86400, h3-29=":443"; ma=86400

<html>
<head><title>403 Forbidden</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>403 Forbidden</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx/1.11.7</center>
</body>
</html>

Would it be possible to enable the masternode payments method to be called?

I would not be putting much load on the nodes. I basically only need to call these methods once every 2.6 minutes to determine which masternode got paid in the new block.

Thanks @Bertrand256 . I did actually stumble across these nodes. There are only three methods I need to call:
  1. {"method": "masternodelist", "params": [], "id": 1}
  2. {"method": "getblockhash", "params": [BLOCK_ID], "id": 1}
  3. {"method": "masternode", "params": ["payments", BLOCK_HASH, 1], "id": 1}

Would it be possible to enable the masternode payments method to be called?

I would not be putting much load on the nodes. I basically only need to call these methods once every 2.6 minutes to determine which masternode got paid in the new block.

I'll look into why the 'masternode' function was disabled and let you know if and when I can make it available.

Thanks for the info.
After checking, it turned out that there are currently no contraindications to expose the `masternode` RPC function on alice and suzy, so I've just made them available to the public.

Please keep in mind my comments about the service availability - it's probably best if you do some sort of software failover using both nodes (alice and suzy).

Back