• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Integrating low-power IoT devices to a dash blockchain

Integrating low-power IoT devices to a dash blockchain. Is this a good idea?

• yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • no

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • other

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
As for "making bad decisions", assuming this refers to your idea, there was nothing for MNOs to decide on. Put a proposaal out and promote it! But I can already tell you, calling people lazy and stupid won't win you much support.

What makes you think that I want to win support?
I dont care about support, especially the support of the stupid MNOs.
I care of revealing the truth.

Last edited:
To get this to pass you need to gather a team / crew / rabble of people you can put names to, list their their qualifications for the job and tell us that your collection of pirates are going on this journey. Not asking you to build this yourself, only to gather the enthusiasts you need to give it a try.

I dont care to get this pass, neither to gather a team of people to do this.

I only explained to you the missing opportunity, I also explained to you what you have to do in order to attract serious developers.
MNOs should approve an incentives fund in order to attract serious developers.
The serious developers (or managers) who are capable to implement what I am talking about (most of them earn more than 10000$ a month) , dont even bother to propose smth for your Dash network, and of course dont even imagine that they will spend 5 dash to propose to you. The MNOs have to decide an incentives fund, they have to spend the 5 dash, and then they may also have to beg the serious developers (or managers) to help them. Because this help costs more that 2 billion $ (if you take into account that the marketcap of HNT increased 2 billion $ the past two months, maybe this is the real value of the implementation of a wireless IoT bank).

After approving an incentives fund, many developers may present many solutions. So the important question is, who you gonna trust to judge which solution is the best. Shall the network decide by vote?
But lets do the first step, and solve the problems one by one.
  1. Will the network approve an incentives fund regarding a wireless bank, so that the developers start working and competing on it?
  2. How much money this incentives fund may be? Will you vote the numbers on that?
  3. Shall the network or the core team decide which, among the many developers who may provide many solutions, is the best solution?
You have to answer the above questions. Competitive developers are a scarce resource, and they will not join and help your network unless you become serious.

Last edited:
So is anyone interested in offering an insetive to a developper to built a wireless node and connect it to the dash blockchain? Dash blockchain is by far better in performance than the HNT blockchain.
I hope this community, among the 143 approx active voters/MNOs, to have 1 smart one.
Not all the 142 could be stupid, this is statisticaly impossible.

Blockchain as a service, for an HNT wireless node (which is open source)
Think about it, this is a call to the remaining smart people here.

Last edited:
<vote history>

yes
Votes: 4 --- 57.1%
no
Votes: 2 ---- 28.6%
other
Votes: 1 ---- 14.3%

</vote history>

After proving that this idea worths at least 2.3 billion $, there is still one stupid who recently voted no.
Stupidity is bigger than the universe.

Big opportunity for dash.
HNT blockchain colapsed. Is out of order for two days!!!
300.000 customers disatisfied!
Its time for dash to move on and take part of the IoT market.
Wake up stupid!

Last edited:
Can you imagine the scorn if dash was down for two days?
On the other hand, big ship big waves.
HNT has 300.000 wireless nodes that produce many txs which the 2700 validators (the blockchain holders) are unable to handle.
Dash's daily txs are tiny compared to HNT's txs.

I suspect that HNT is under a DDOS attack.
Anyway, this is the perfect time for another IoT crypto to arrive and eat from the big market pie of HNT.

<vote history>
Integrating low-power IoT devices to a dash blockchain. Is this a good idea?Edit
  • yes
    Votes: 4 - 50.0%
  • no
    Votes: 3 - 37.5%
  • other
    Votes: 1 - 12.5%

Happy new year! I hope the MNOs will receive an enlightment this year and become smarter. They reached the botton of coinmarketcap last year, so they have no other choice. Be smart, or die.

<vote history>
  • yes Votes: 5 ------ 55.6%
  • no Votes: 3 ----------- 33.3%
  • other Votes: 1 ------------ 11.1%

What if we could eliminate the need for any masternode collateral if mesh network payments were directly funding masternode hosting? Proof of Proximity by latency challenges plus all the normal PoSe challenge-responses.

The penny has finally dropped and I think you might of actually stumbled upon something that would radically transform dash.

I think we can write up a proposal, not to ask for money initially but to inform, to request feedback and seek technical help.

Can you write job descriptions for relevant posts? We can start with a prototype / PoC.

The penny has finally dropped and I think you might of actually stumbled upon something that would radically transform dash.

I think we can write up a proposal, not to ask for money initially but to inform, to request feedback and seek technical help.

Can you write job descriptions for relevant posts? We can start with a prototype / PoC.

People who will help Dash on it, should have good knowledge of rasberry pi.
All HNT network is based on rasberry.
So we need people who know rasberry, linux, and of course have knowledge on the lora and 5g hats of rasberry.
SX1262 LoRa HAT for Raspberry Pi, Spread Spectrum Modulation, 868MHz Frequency Band (waveshare.com)
SX1262 LoRa HAT for Raspberry Pi, Spread Spectrum Modulation, 915MHz Frequency Band (waveshare.com)
Finished Opensource Raspberry Pi Gateway Hat (SX1301/8 base) - Gateways / Raspberry Pi Gateways - The Things Network
SIM8200EA-M2 5G HAT for Raspberry Pi, 5G/4G/3G, Snapdragon X55 (iot-store.com.au)

Last edited:
The goal should be this
Blockchain as a service, for an HNT wireless node (which is open source)

We should give the opportunity to an open source HNT node to disconnect from the Helium blockhain (validators), and connect to the Dash blockchain.
This will apply of course to the old HNT nodes from 2013-2020, because all current nodes of HNT since Jan 2021 are closed source.

Last edited:
Because this is a mesh network, these rasberry pis are both the client and the server? And old HNT nodes can be updated to work with dash nodes? Is that right?

If I assemble the components, what is my first task?

How do we make this pay when a node is setup in some remote area with little traffic?
First of all, as with HNT, if there is no traffic, there is no money. Proof of Coverage protocol requires more than one nodes to verify one another, for payments to start be paid to the nodes.
Ideally we should change dash's protocol. But this is a diffficult task, and requires many changes to the code.
But, on the other hand Dash has an advantage , comparing to other coins. Its budget.
So, initially, a quick and dirty solution is to allocate some money from the budget of Dash, and share this amount to all upcoming Dash-IoT nodes.

Last edited:
Because this is a mesh network, these rasberry pis are both the client and the server? And old HNT nodes can be updated to work with dash nodes? Is that right?

If I assemble the components, what is my first task?

Rasberry pi is primarily the client, and the blockchain should reside to the dash full nodes (or masternodes) that may be either into the rasberry itself or alternatively elsewhere and should be called via remote procedure calls (rpc).
The old HNT nodes were full nodes, which means than into the rasberry pi resides also all the HNT blockchain. Soon HNT is planning to introduce the light nodes, where the blockchain will reside solely to the 3000 approx validators.

I assume that if we go back to the HNT code before Jan 2021, it will be possible to change the code and transform the node so that it will point to the blockchain of a dash full node (or of a masternode) instead of pointing to the HNT blockchain.

The first task is to buy a rasberry, a lora/5g hat, and built a full HNT node from scratch. Then change the blockchain, and make it point to the dash blockchain.

Last edited:
I hear ya about the dash budget but we're a long way off from that. Let's just build HNT nodes and see how it can be modified. But just curious, what sort of protocol change do you think is needed?

But just curious, what sort of protocol change do you think is needed?

I have no idea. I assume we need changes in the protocol of mining, as long as the ProofOfCoverage is a mining procedure.
So the Dash protocol should take into account and handle more than one types of mining.

If the masternodes decide to vote in favor of an incentive fund dedicated to ProofofCoverage mining, I will look at it.
And maybe come back and point to the suggested changes required to be done into the dash code in order to support more than one types of mining.
This is because I personally hate giving any kind of written reports or Dash Improvement Proposals.
For me only code talks, all the rest is just noise.....
And this is the main problem with the Dash voters. They trust and vote persons who talk, not persons who code.

Last edited:
Back