• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

Right, none anonymized... As it went through 1 round, status would change from Sitting idle, Waiting in queue, Awaiting more inputs, etc... I figured it was needing input to pair with. But now it just sits there "Idle", doesn't contact MN or wait in queue.

I'll just transfer my coins back to regular wallet. Again, thanks for your help
You're welcome. If you would like for me to pair with you, I'm available now. How about let's start from scratch. I'm going to send all my 71 DRK to myself using "No Preference" and that will make me start over. Just tell me how many coins you want to anonymize, okay? :)

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of anonymity if you all are announcing each other how much you are denominating and when? Shouldn't the process already know how to break inputs down into common denominations and be able to pair with other denominations already in the pool?

Doesn't it defeat the purpose of anonymity if you all are announcing each other how much you are denominating and when? Shouldn't the process already know how to break inputs down into common denominations and be able to pair with other denominations already in the pool?
I still don't know who you are.. lol...
This is still in the testing phase on mainnet actually, to get people know how DS works. So I'm offering to pair with them. If not, I'm afraid people would think this doesn't work and give up.

I still don't know who you are.. lol...
This is still in the testing phase on mainnet actually, to get people know how DS works. So I'm offering to pair with them. If not, I'm afraid people would think this doesn't work and give up.
Evan is still working on resolving microwallets, especially wallets trying to darksend with 10 or less coins.

Evan is still working on resolving microwallets, especially wallets trying to darksend with 10 or less coins.
Oh he is? I think more likely people who want DS are big pocket users. But I think the main reason is there're not enough people mixing their coins on Mainnet yet, not until DRK goes booming... :)

Oh he is? I think more likely people who want DS are big pocket users. But I think the main reason is there're not enough people mixing their coins on Mainnet yet, not until DRK goes booming... :)
Yep, I sent him the wallet.dat and debug file from testnet. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon. My fear is that there will be a lot of users who are new trying small amounts to get their feet wet and if those wallets don't work, it's not going to give way to larger wallets. Besides, there are more people with <1000 DRK wallets that smaller wallets need to be a priority fix.

Yep, I sent him the wallet.dat and debug file from testnet. Hopefully the issue is resolved soon. My fear is that there will be a lot of users who are new trying small amounts to get their feet wet and if those wallets don't work, it's not going to give way to larger wallets. Besides, there are more people with <1000 DRK wallets that smaller wallets need to be a priority fix.
OK oblox, I have someone on IRC, we're ready to test a small amount at your wish, want to join us? Get on freenode IRC too so we can talk :)

OK oblox, I have someone on IRC, we're ready to test a small amount at your wish, want to join us? Get on freenode IRC too so we can talk :)
I think you're right, there must be a bug in anonymizing small amounts and so far we know anonymizing only 2 drk is not possible, as you saw last night in the IRC channel what we did. I'm just reporting here to let the devs and everyone know. Another participant with 2 clients and I tried to anonymize 2 DRK.

All 3 clients had the same settings: 2 DRK to keep anonymized, 4 rounds.

Here's the result - The other participant said:

[22:33:44] <shlermb> both fresh, both sent 2drk, both set 2drk/4rnds. now show balance: 1.9865, completion: 100%, coin control shows 1drk having 1 round.
[22:33:55] <shlermb> anonymized: 0

At first , my wallet received 1 "Payment to yourself" fee... Then the waiting... After a while Darksend Status said "Disabled", BUT the "Start/Stop" button said "Stop Anonymization", meaning that DS was still on and the anonymization was still going!! Then I clicked on the button, it did not change one way or another, like it was being froze, (Windows wallet, v.10.13.15). I then had to exit the wallet and restarted it. The wallet seemed back to normal, the "Start/Stop" button seemed normal again. I clicked on the button to start DS again, but it did not do anything, still no Denominate fee ever happened, and 0 anon DRK. I saved the screenshot of my wallet:

upload_2014-9-25_10-33-3.png

Hopefully, eduffield or flare will have time to look into this. :smile:
I think newbies are wanting to know how DS works and they start out with just a few Darkcoins, and when they try to anonymize 2 or 3 drk but it doesn't happen, they might think this doesn't work. :sad:

I think newbies are wanting to know how DS works and they start out with just a few Darkcoins, and when they try to anonymize 2 or 3 drk but it doesn't happen, they might think this doesn't work. :sad:

That was precisely my logic and why I submitted JIRA 90 as well as personally emailed Evan about it.

I think you're right, there must be a bug in anonymizing small amounts and so far we know anonymizing only 2 drk is not possible, as you saw last night in the IRC channel what we did. I'm just reporting here to let the devs and everyone know. Another participant with 2 clients and I tried to anonymize 2 DRK.

All 3 clients had the same settings: 2 DRK to keep anonymized, 4 rounds.

Here's the result - The other participant said:

[22:33:44] <shlermb> both fresh, both sent 2drk, both set 2drk/4rnds. now show balance: 1.9865, completion: 100%, coin control shows 1drk having 1 round.
[22:33:55] <shlermb> anonymized: 0

At first , my wallet received 1 "Payment to yourself" fee... Then the waiting... After a while Darksend Status said "Disabled", BUT the "Start/Stop" button said "Stop Anonymization", meaning that DS was still on and the anonymization was still going!! Then I clicked on the button, it did not change one way or another, like it was being froze, (Windows wallet, v.10.13.15). I then had to exit the wallet and restarted it. The wallet seemed back to normal, the "Start/Stop" button seemed normal again. I clicked on the button to start DS again, but it did not do anything, still no Denominate fee ever happened, and 0 anon DRK. I saved the screenshot of my wallet:

View attachment 523

Maybe moli can comment about this to DRK-90 or make new issue (better, gets more attention).

My opinion about this 'small amount wont denominate and anonymize' is:

it is critical for Darkcoin, because new and average users will test with small amount first,
and because it wont work, DRK:s reputation and user experience is negative.

I tried twice to anonymize using only 2 coins, just to see how the process works, and concluded , "It doesn't".

Maybe a message warning users "You may only anonymize minimum of x coins" to avoid such misconceptions.

Was there any particular reason that denom/anon resolution only went down to 1 and not 0.1? Fees are still 1+ order of magnitude below this.

If you follow the pool discussion https://darkcointalk.org/posts/22360/ you'll see that because of one particular pool, we'll never get to the 90% target since they find on average about a quarter of the daily blocks.

In that case, I suggest we deal with this abuse like so:

After we reach 90% client/daemon wise, we keep checking the blocks, and as soon as nine out of any ten successive blocks are fully compliant, BAM! :tongue:

Back