• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why I can't update my wallet

sinoda

It's been updating more than 7 hours. Please find attached jpg file.
version: v0.13.3.0 (And then I update to v0.14.0.3. Doesn't work still )
How can I fix it?
Thank you!

Attachments

• dash wallet.jpg
    dash wallet.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
We are on a completely new spork, you may need to rebuild your index since you launched on an old fork, if that doesn't work, you might have to sync from scratch.

We are on a completely new spork, you may need to rebuild your index since you launched on an old fork, if that doesn't work, you might have to sync from scratch.

How to rebuild my index to launch on a new fork?
Does it have risk that all the dash coins disappear when the wallet launches on a new fork?

In Tools, Wallet Repair, select rebuild index, should take overnight, if that doesn't work, you need to sync from scratch. You can choose to do that second part first. I like a fresh sync.

What OS are you on? The folder that contains blockchain folders on Windows it is %appdata%roaming%Dashcore . Rename or delete all but wallet.dat and relaunch with correct version, it will generate all new folders and files.

ether use "tools" (erindex /resync)
or
quit wallet
go to data folder - erase blockchain +peers
start wallet - will resync from 0

ether use "tools" (erindex /resync) - how to find resync in "tools"?
data folder - Do you mean the %appdata%\roaming\Dashcore?
what is "blockchain +peers"?
Thank you !

Last edited:
What OS are you on? The folder that contains blockchain folders on Windows it is %appdata%roaming%Dashcore . Rename or delete all but wallet.dat and relaunch with correct version, it will generate all new folders and files.

I use Windows.
"Rename or delete all but wallet.dat and relaunch with correct version, " - What do you mean Rename? (how to do it?)
I am doing reindex. Once it's done, I will post the result no matter it works or not.
Thank you !
sorry am not a PC guy (Mac only here)
best to wait for AgnewPickens to answer

Got it. Thank you!

Yes, you can backup the old folders and files by renaming them or just moving them to another folder, the only thing Dashcore needs to sync your coins from scratch is your wallet.dat file. Some people prefer to back up old data in case of a network fail, me one of them, I just add a .bak to each file manually renaming and keep it just to be on the safe side.

Re-index works. Thank you guys!

By the way, the balance in my wallet has not been the same with the one on block explorer, even the figures of sending are different with the ones on explorer, for a long time since this April when I found it. It is not corrected over time.

Back