• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is dash wallet 12.2.1 still compatible with the Dash network?

vazaki

Hi friends. I have a dash qt wallet version 12.2.1.
I am trying to synchronize with the latest blockchain, and my only peers are 12.3 masternodes.
What about 13.0 masternodes? Do they serve 12.2.1 wallets?

I have a few dash in my wallet and I dont want to lose them.

Thanks for the answer.

Make sure you update to v0.13 before spork 15 gets activated (within a week) or you will need to start your qt wallet with an -reindex

Edit : you may need to do a -reindex-chainstate already
Link : https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/developers/dip3-upgrade.html

So within a week, we will have two dash online networks. The one having the 12.3 masternodes (who didnt update) and the other having the 13.0 masternodes who updated. Right? So if I do a transaction after spork15, with my 12.2.1 wallet, it will be done in a separate forked blockchain , right?

So...
Can I keep my 12.2.1 wallet and continue doing transactions in 12.3 network and at the same time install also the 13.0 wallet, upload my wallet.dat there, reindex and do transactions also in the 13.0 network?

Why not belonging to the two networks, if this is possible? The more people you can transact with, the better it is.

And what about the miners? Can someone still mine in 12.3 blockchain? Are there some miners who still mine in 12.3?

Last edited:
So within a week, we will have two dash online networks. The one having the 12.3 masternodes (who didnt update) and the other having the 13.0 masternodes who updated. Right? So if I do a transaction after spork15, with my 12.2.1 wallet, it will be done in a separate forked blockchain , right?

So...
Can I keep my 12.2.1 wallet and continue doing transactions in 12.3 network and at the same time install also the 13.0 wallet, upload my wallet.dat there, reindex and do transactions also in the 13.0 network?

Why not belonging to the two networks, if this is possible? The more people you can transact with, the better it is.

And what about the miners? Can someone still mine in 12.3 blockchain? Are there some miners who still mine in 12.3?

remember 12.3 nodes are not being paid anymore ! ;)

So...

Link : http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html (see v13 adoption) : pretty much all miners / miningpools have updating to v0.13 (95% or more) and any mined blocks will get rejected on older protocol (version 12.2.1).
So if you keep your wallet on 12.2.1 your transactions will most likely not get processed in time or processed at all and you will experience sync problems with the blockchain. Thats why you need to move to v0.13 ASAP.

This is not a case of having two seperate networks, this is a case of migrating into one network because there is clear consensus from both miners (95%) and masternodes (88%).

Last edited:
This is not a case of having two seperate networks, this is a case of migrating into one network because there is clear consensus from both miners (95%) and masternodes (88%).

How do you know that there are still 5% of miners? Is there a specific command in the wallet, where we can see the remaining miners?

In practice we do have two separate networks now! My 12.2.1 wallet is still served by the remaining 12.3 masternodes, I can see that! It used to be 38 weeks delayed, the 12.3 masternodes served me, and now I am only 5 days delayed to the current blockchain.

I shut down the 12.2.1 wallet now before it syncs (It is 5 days delayed now). I will export the wallet.dat and import it to a 13.0 wallet. I will dump the wallet into plain text file and then import it to the new 13 wallet via dumpwallet/importwallet commands respectively.
Is it possible to sync with the 13.0 wallet, without having to download the whole blockchain again?

Last edited:
How do you know that there are still 5% of miners? Is there a specific command in the wallet, where we can see the remaining miners?

In practice we do have two separate networks now! My 12.2.1 wallet is still served by the remaining 12.3 masternodes, I can see that! It used to be 38 weeks delayed, the 12.3 masternodes served me, and now I am only 5 days delayed to the current blockchain.

I shut down the 12.2.1 wallet now before it syncs (It is 5 days delayed now). I will export the wallet.dat and import it to a 13.0 wallet. I will dump the wallet into plain text file and then import it to the new 13 wallet via dumpwallet/importwallet commands respectively.
Is it possible to sync with the 13.0 wallet, without having to download the whole blockchain again?

Sometimes that v13 adoption graph (hourly) hits 100% so i dont think there are 5% miners still active .. it just averages out that way.
you can grab a bootstrap here : https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap
You will most likely need to do a -reindex-chainstate as well.
Good luck.

Back