• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Bitcoin Paypal – we just hit the mainstream!

iHeartSmartArt

Bitcoin Paypal – Now that’s mainstream Baby!
I told you it wasn’t a matter of if, but when. If you’ve been wondering when Bitcoin was going to hit the mainstream. Well, it just happened! You saw it right in the that video, bitcoin Paypal a great match. Way to go Paypal, you knocked it right out of the park.

I was excited about tomorrow’s iPhone announcements but hey I am pretty happy right now, but it also leaves me wondering if Paypal scooped Apple. Hmm wonder what Apple is doing in this arena. Guess we’ll see tomorrow.

Today, what this means is that Braintree supported merchants will need to set up an account with Coinbase. Developers can (request access to the upcoming beta). Now our jobs as evangelists and educators really gets fun!

“This is PayPal making a move to embrace Bitcoin,” Ready said, pointing out that Braintree is the go-to developer platform for PayPal. Click here to view original web page at techcrunch.com

Hill Ferguson, Chief Product Officer, PayPal
Today at TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco, we announced the general availability of One Touch™ mobile payments with PayPal, the industry’s first and only single touch payment experience on iOS (and in public beta on Android). One Touch with Venmo is also in public beta on iOS and Android. In addition we announced that Braintree has partnered with Coinbase to offer a trusted and secure way for people to pay with bitcoin across their favorite apps in the coming months. We believe in customer choice — choice in terms of the device they want to pay on, the OS they prefer to use, and even the payment method they want to pay with. With Braintree’s new partnership with Coinbase, merchants and developers that have integrated with Braintree’s v.zero SDK will be able to easily begin accepting bitcoin in the coming months, enabling their customers to pay with the alternative currency across their favorite apps. Click here to view original web page at www.paypal-community.com

While we’re focused on giving people more seamless buying experiences, we’re also fierce advocates of giving merchants — and in turn their customers — flexibility and the freedom of choice. That’s why today, we also announced that we’ll enable our customers to easily accept bitcoin in the coming months via a partnership with Coinbase — a trusted, high quality bitcoin payment processor with 1.6M consumer wallets and 36,000 merchants globally. As we make bitcoin available, our v.zero SDK will make it seamless for developers and merchants to add bitcoin to their existing payment methods and provide an elegant, adaptive user interface for consumers to pay in bitcoin with their Coinbase wallet . Click here to view original web page at www.braintreepayments.com.

Source: http://midasmarni.com/bitcoin/bitcoin-paypal/ By Marni Melrose on September 8, 2014 in Bitcoin, Payment Networ

Paypal can be a way of age/ID verification for Bitcoin. Corporate participation is a good thing as it can offer the services lacking in the bitcoin infrastructure. I see this as a precursor to the possibility of higher growth in Bitcoin. Coinbase is working with Paypal to facilitate the bitcoin integration. I see cooperation, rather then competition.

On the same date, Paypal introduces its One Touch (tm) payment system, a way to checkout with one step.
Note to self: For first time adopters, these easy-to-begin email faucets work very well. (below)
06636e02ae7f5ef48ca2ccf326c86842.png

The hacker is looking for 25BTC to dox so he does not have access to Satoshi's wallets (thank god!).

No. It is the first time I'm seeing this. I've heard of a Bitcoin Embassy before but if I'm not mistaken, it was located in Holland.

Bitcoin Embassy in Poland is a news to me.
I`ve wrote an email to Maciek - The Bitcoin Polish Embassy creator who does the bitcoin conferences and did some interviews in tv, radio etc. We will see how the things go on. I sent him here on dct to check the darkcoin out. :)

something about that video makes me want to gauge my eyes out and shove icepicks in my ears. I really don't know why, but all those faces and voices freaks me the fuck out.

See what you mean, seriously freaky. I guess they have teams of experts costing the GDP of small nations researching that stuff but I've an image of the eye of Sauron in my head ^^

Once they get established with BTC every crypto will be in there :)
A bit off topic but worth a look:
http://www.coinbuzz.com/2015/01/17/ibm-samsung-learn-bitcoin-develop-p2p-network/
http://www-935.ibm.com/services/us/gbs/thoughtleadership/internetofthings/

Oh, and this :)
ZUK2mO1.jpg

From here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=887621
Mmmm, sexy B :)

Back