• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Latam Mass Adoption Marathon & Expansion into Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, Haiti, Buenos Aires

Do you support DAO funding for this project?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters
Even tho funding looks very unlikely now due to the Core taxes proposal, the Dash Latam team continues developing our expansion plans because we see for ourselves the mass adoption success we are having.

We seek your feedback and ideas, and will keep you informed on our progress no matter what happens.

Dash Latam filed a proposal in the July Dash treasury cycle to expand Dash usage in Latin America, which reached nearly 9% during that cycle. The proposal was for 87 dash x 2 months.

When the voting closed on our first month we did not have enough yes votes to pass.

But in August, we received enough votes to pass and receive funding. We have now received our first payment of 2 (1/2).

cRTjk2G.jpg

Dash Latam thanks the DAO for its support and this second chance to deliver on our proposal. We aim to deliver what we promised and more, but request that the community keep in the mind the following limiting factors:

• the funding is coming a month later than expected; and
  • the price of dash is less than what we budgeted for.

Dash Latam aims to use the 87 dash allocated to us in a way that remains as true as possible to the proposal that the DAO decided to assign funding to.

The Dash Latam team remains committed to meaningfully growing the use of Dash across Latin America.

Dash Latam filed a proposal in the July Dash treasury cycle to expand Dash usage in Latin America, which reached nearly 9% during that cycle. The proposal was for 87 dash x 2 months.

When the voting closed on our first month we did not have enough yes votes to pass.

But in August, we received enough votes to pass and receive funding. We have now received our first payment of 2 (1/2).

cRTjk2G.jpg

Dash Latam thanks the DAO for its support and this second chance to deliver on our proposal. We aim to deliver what we promised and more, but request that the community keep in the mind the following limiting factors:

• the funding is coming a month later than expected; and
  • the price of dash is less than what we budgeted for.

Dash Latam aims to use the 87 dash allocated to us in a way that remains as true as possible to the proposal that the DAO decided to assign funding to.

The Dash Latam team remains committed to meaningfully growing the use of Dash across Latin America.
Keep in mind as well that you did not receive the funding in your first month, so essentially this payment is 1/1, not 1/2.

Didn’t want you to think that you would receive funding for this next month as well.

Keep in mind as well that you did not receive the funding in your first month, so essentially this payment is 1/1, not 1/2.

Didn’t want you to think that you would receive funding for this next month as well.

Thanks Tao. At first, the way I read the Dash Ninja site, I thought the second month might be available, now it shows something different.

I really like this proposal, I have friends in Santiago de Chile and Montevideo who have asked me how to buy and use Dash, as a means of payment as well as for remittances. I hope it spreads soon throughout Latam and the Caribbean! It is excellent news! Congratulations

I really like this proposal, I have friends in Santiago de Chile and Montevideo who have asked me how to buy and use Dash, as a means of payment as well as for remittances. I hope it spreads soon throughout Latam and the Caribbean! It is excellent news! Congratulations

Please have them contact me at [email protected] or via whatsapp +573218423668 because I am looking for people to grow Dash in Chile, Uruguay and many other places across Latin America.

Thanks for asking, @Unstoppable !

In line with the original proposal, I'm aiming to produce:

- a conference
- 3 new Dash marketing teams in 3 large Latam cities
- a Dash leadership training program and training videos

For the conference, we looked at options in Brazil and Colombia. None were quite suitable. The one in Colombia was much too expensive. So, we're going to do a Dash-only merchant-centered conference here in Medellín Colombia October 27.

The 3 new Latam cities with new marketing teams are Bogotá (pop: 8m) (already got our first 3 merchants there), Sao Paulo (pop: 12m) (solid progress) and the third remains to be determined. Among the 3, we aim to add at least 25 new merchants, hold 3 Dash invites events and install 200 new Dash wallets.

(When this proposal ends, I'll be providing ongoing personal support to get these projects continued funding in whatever way makes the most sense.)

Rodrigo is taking charge of all the media production and is planning to attend the Medellín conference. Everything else remains to be seen.

Unfortunately, when this proposal failed the first time around, a lot of momentum was lost, especially among teams in the southern part of South America, so getting this particular vehicle moving again is requiring some work, but there is solid progress on the conference, on Bogota and on Sao Paulo. I am very optimistic about all 3.

With the Medellín conference, we expect attendance of as many as 200 people, mostly merchants, and to produce a lot of Dash transactions that day. Merchants are already contacting me asking for a spot in the event. We can produce a lot of new video of on the ground adoption of Dash in Latin America with it.

Things are going so well in Bogotá that we may have a surprise for the community there as well.

I stand ready to answer any questions about this anytime. I'm excited about where we are going to take this. Thanks again.

Hope this keeps going! Have not followed too closely so I don't know exactly whats going on but I like all the people. It's about the people in my opinion-the people make a project.

Back