• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Decentral | A News Magazine Show By Dash Nation

Are you ready to contribute to Dash's news magazine Dash Decentral?

• Heck, ya! You'll be seeing my mug a lot around here!

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • I'm not sure, but for Dash I may try my hand at making some vids. Give me awhile, OK?

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • I'm not really the video making type, but I wish you all the best!

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

TaoOfSatoshi

Dash Decentral
A News Magazine Show By Dash Nation!

rSFZuV5.jpg

"Dash's Magazine Style Show! Brian Davis hosts and Dash Nation contributes as we follow the many, many newsworthy events around the cryptocurrency Dash."

What's the background?

Since the amazing work of @amanda_b_johnson in her Dash-focused series Dash Detailed, which brought many newcomers to Dash and really highlighted our achievements in the public eye, there has not been another YouTube series for the Dash community to really highlight its achievements and explain its goals.

We DO need this! Please tell me you have a solution!

We do. We will start a regular Dash news magazine show (Dash Decentral). It will air bi-weekly at first, and will aim for a regular weekly time release.

Give me the deets!

• Style: Dash Decentral will be a news magazine type of show. We will have an anchor, and community members (regulars at the start, many going forward) will contribute 3-5 minute segments about anything that they feel is worthy to talk about. The segment length is important because we would like to keep the total showtime under half an hour.
  • Anchor: Brian Davis has many years of broadcasting experience. He is recently invested in Dash and he is excited to begin this project. You can view our intro here:
  • Producers: Dash Decentral will be produced by Brian Davis and Tao of Satoshi.
  • Schedule for release: Bi-weekly at first, weekly is the ideal when possible to start doing so.
  • Content: Do you get frustrated that Dash topics are seemingly swept under the rug, and no one is explaining just how great Dash is? We will explain things about Dash, we will announce integrations, we will comment about current events in the cryptosphere, we will have games and contests on this show as well. Dash Nation members will contribute segments, and Brian will tie it all together.
  • Remuneration: Tao of Satoshi is initially funding this effort out of a portion of Dash Nation on Discord proposal engagement funds, but later, after proof of concept, will be asking for treasury funds to continue our work.
Contacts:
~~~How can I help?~~~

At the beginning, we will have regular contributors to Dash Decentral out of current Dash YouTubers and other interested parties. Going forward, however, the goal is to have this show become a celebration of Dash's diversity, and decentralized nature.

We are calling on anyone who would like to submit a 3-5 minute long video segment about anything that they find is not getting enough attention about Dash (integrations, technological improvements, adoption drives, treasury aspects, whatever) and have it featured on an episode of Dash Decentral. You will be rewarded with a payment from the team at Dash Decentral.

To submit your segment:

- Please record and produce your 3-5 minute video.
- Upload to Dropbox or similar.
- Obtain link to Dropbox or similar file.
- Send link (and Dash address) to Tao and Brian at [email protected].

Successful entries will receive a payment for being used on the show. Remember, this will be ongoing, so the possibility exists to make this a regular income if you are talented in the video arena. We will all win when Dash has a greater YouTube presence and information source with this hopefully popular show!

Please leave any questions, comments, or concerns below, or reach us on Dash Nation on Discord @Tao Of Satoshi, or @ hossman.

Onwards and upwards, Dash Nation!

Voted yes-the more we can see of real life footage of Dash doing amazing things the more people will come to recognize Dash as a powerhouse with HEART.

I'd be honored. I look forward to seeing all the different Dash stories and people out there because we have such a unique crowd.

This is needed.

I like your idea, am curious how this will pan out.

I very much believe Dash Force News needs some good competition. Hmm, perhaps competition is not quite the right word; more like do the things they are unwilling to do. Their news website is quite good but their Three Amigos thing is really bad. Well, it has improved lately, branching out with guests outside of dash, but it's still very painful to watch / listen; more than one hour of shill shill shill and very little knowledge about what really is happening outside of dash.

I think Danny has the right idea; a crypto show aimed to more mainstream users where dash gets special mention but is not taking center stage. With that in mind, I hope you can do plenty of giveaways and competitions that show dash is more than digital cash. Let's stop preaching to the converted and makes things fun.

As with my comment to Naomi, dash (and crypto in general) really needs to try and draw people from all walks of life. With that in mind, I have no problem with Brian Davis presenting but let's really push for diversity.

What a great idea. The only way we're going to raise the profile of the Dash brand inside the cryptoverse (and move the needle on the price and buzz) is by showing off again and again all the interesting and useful things that are happening in the Dash ecosystem that no one else is doing.

I am looking forward to participating from Medellín Colombia along with my Dash Colombia team as well as encouraging the dozens of Dash Latam leaders I am in touch with to participate.

What a great idea. The only way we're going to raise the profile of the Dash brand inside the cryptoverse (and move the needle on the price and buzz) is by showing off again and again all the interesting and useful things that are happening in the Dash ecosystem that no one else is doing.

I am looking forward to participating from Medellín Colombia along with my Dash Colombia team as well as encouraging the dozens of Dash Latam leaders I am in touch with to participate.
Awesome! This will be an exciting project. No shortage of topics to discuss.

The first step to creating an identity for a YouTube show is your logo. The Dash Decentral logo features a standard Dash logo, but emphasizes the decentralized contributions of Dash Nation members, or anyone who has something great to say about Dash!
rSFZuV5.jpg

Please remember, Dash Decentral accepts submissions from anyone, and if your video is good enough to make it on the show, you will be rewarded with Dash!

Brian and Tao.

Last edited:
I like your idea, am curious how this will pan out.

I very much believe Dash Force News needs some good competition. Hmm, perhaps competition is not quite the right word; more like do the things they are unwilling to do. Their news website is quite good but their Three Amigos thing is really bad. Well, it has improved lately, branching out with guests outside of dash, but it's still very painful to watch / listen; more than one hour of shill shill shill and very little knowledge about what really is happening outside of dash.

I think Danny has the right idea; a crypto show aimed to more mainstream users where dash gets special mention but is not taking center stage. With that in mind, I hope you can do plenty of giveaways and competitions that show dash is more than digital cash. Let's stop preaching to the converted and makes things fun.

As with my comment to Naomi, dash (and crypto in general) really needs to try and draw people from all walks of life. With that in mind, I have no problem with Brian Davis presenting but let's really push for diversity.

I echo some of your critiques of Dashforce. the 3 friends segment is tailored to longterm investors and insiders. this tired show does absolutely zero to bring new people into our community, if anything some of the distasteful language and juvenile behavior drives potential interested parties away. many of the past efforts that aired via YOUTUBE have been produced at an embarrassing and unacceptable level of professionalism. I'm optimistic that TAO is attempting to raise the bar of the product with the addition of Brian. Lets hope this show sets a new standard :)

I echo some of your critiques of Dashforce. the 3 friends segment is tailored to longterm investors and insiders. this tired show does absolutely zero to bring new people into our community, if anything some of the distasteful language and juvenile behavior drives potential interested parties away. many of the past efforts that aired via YOUTUBE have been produced at an embarrassing and unacceptable level of professionalism. I'm optimistic that TAO is attempting to raise the bar of the product with the addition of Brian. Lets hope this show sets a new standard :)
While I'm happy for your support, I must clarify that this show is not a response to the current standard of shows that are presently airing, we just felt that there was a niche that was not being covered, and wanted to add to the Dash video ecosystem in a positive way. The more shows out there that sing the praises of Dash the better.

hey Tao,
Clarity isn't an issue. I already know you as someone who avoids slinging mud.;)
DASH has gone through continual change and with time will mature into a multi-billion dollar market cap business.
any start-up goes through any number of phases prior to settling into a steady and predictable business. clearly we are yet to achieve such status. many of the people who have made some or all of their income from DASH will simply not make the cut as their level of professionalism will be a determining factor that outweighs simply saying "I've been here a long time".
the show you and Brian are undertaking looks to be ratcheting up the quality already. I don't know Brian but just from the quick teaser it's clear he isn't a giggle box or someone with a sailors mouth. I hope you guys take a quality over quantity approach to editing and producing your show. to this point I honestly believe the bulk of the YouTube library is more hurtful than helpful.as a business we need to look like a company that can deliver a video on par with any Fortune 500 company if we want want institutional attention. I'm hoping you guys have a similar vision. Best of luck in raising the bar to where it should be at this stage of our development.:)

hey Tao,
Clarity isn't an issue. I already know you as someone who avoids slinging mud.;)
DASH has gone through continual change and with time will mature into a multi-billion dollar market cap business.
any start-up goes through any number of phases prior to settling into a steady and predictable business. clearly we are yet to achieve such status. many of the people who have made some or all of their income from DASH will simply not make the cut as their level of professionalism will be a determining factor that outweighs simply saying "I've been here a long time".
the show you and Brian are undertaking looks to be ratcheting up the quality already. I don't know Brian but just from the quick teaser it's clear he isn't a giggle box or someone with a sailors mouth. I hope you guys take a quality over quantity approach to editing and producing your show. to this point I honestly believe the bulk of the YouTube library is more hurtful than helpful.as a business we need to look like a company that can deliver a video on par with any Fortune 500 company if we want want institutional attention. I'm hoping you guys have a similar vision. Best of luck in raising the bar to where it should be at this stage of our development.:)
We will do our best! Presenting Dash in a respectful and professional way is exactly what we’re going to be about. And involving the community will make Dash Nation closer as well. Thanks for your input.

Back