• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy and Jeffrey Tucker

Last month, the Atlanta Bitcoin Embassy put in a proposal but it didn't make it through. We have now resubmitted. I'm super excited about rolling Dash into the life and mission of the Embassy, and I think our proposal is really great.

I've followed Dash for years now, ever since Amanda Johnson introduced me as a kind of pay back for introducing her to Bitcoin back in 2013. The good deeds we do come back -- karma and all that.

I was speaking to a gentlemen over the weekend who is more familiar with the process here than I am, and he said that we should have made it much more clear who is behind the proposal and what the historical connection is to Dash. Interesting point.

That is the reason for this post. I love this Embassy so very much -- its culture, its mission, its purpose, its people. We are so looking forward to pushing adoption through its digital channels and in-person meetups.

@jeffrey Albert Tucker -- Welcome, agreed, your proposal would probably carry much more weight if the voting population knew that you in particular were the one behind it. I think many MNOs are very much in favor of it, but the trouble both last budget cycle and this budget cycle is that Dash Core Group has been taking up most of the budget due to price depreciation and a change in their funding/tax strategy this year (accruing a sufficient buffer, building out the team, etc). As such, the past two cycles haven't had much room to begin with, and for the past several months have been occupied with some very large mult-month integration proposals. Thankfully, many of those should be dropping off after this month, freeing up over 2000 Dash for next month's budget cycle. Granted, some of those larger proposals may return, but that should at least give smaller, worthy proposals like yours a fighting chance...unless this bull run continues, in which case we may have even more room than expected.

Either way, very glad to have you among us and working to expand the DAO. Best of luck with your proposal(s)!

@jeffrey Albert Tucker -- Welcome, agreed, your proposal would probably carry much more weight if the voting population knew that you in particular were the one behind it. I think many MNOs are very much in favor of it, but the trouble both last budget cycle and this budget cycle is that Dash Core Group has been taking up most of the budget due to price depreciation and a change in their funding/tax strategy this year (accruing a sufficient buffer, building out the team, etc). As such, the past two cycles haven't had much room to begin with, and for the past several months have been occupied with some very large mult-month integration proposals. Thankfully, many of those should be dropping off after this month, freeing up over 2000 Dash for next month's budget cycle. Granted, some of those larger proposals may return, but that should at least give smaller, worthy proposals like yours a fighting chance...unless this bull run continues, in which case we may have even more room than expected.

Either way, very glad to have you among us and working to expand the DAO. Best of luck with your proposal(s)!

Outstanding. We've got an wonderful thing going on in ATL right now. I'm thrilled that I saw the need and ready to get it expanded as far as it can go. Dash should be part of it.

Back