• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Swarm Fund Tokenizes Dash Masternode Ownership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Mason

Swarm Fund Tokenizes Dash Masternode Ownership

swarm-fund.jpg

Swarm Fund, “the blockchain for private equity”, is launching a Dash Masternode (DMN) Token that will represent a fractional form of DMN ownership including proportional block rewards and voting rights.

Philipp Pieper, CEO and Co-Founder of Swarm, emphasized how they like the Dash governance system and want to extend that opportunity to communities that may not be able to afford the cost (1,000 Dash) to own a full Masternode.

Read more: https://www.dashforcenews.com/swarm-fund-tokenizes-dash-masternode-ownership/

This seems very interesting to me. I have some questions. If a thousand people place 1 Dash each. The voting power would be made by consensus of the community that administers this masternode or by those who put 1 Dash /
That is to say: In a voting cycle, it is necessary that 501 people say Yes so that this masternode says Yes?
In the case that a masternode contains these thousand people.

This seems very interesting to me. I have some questions. If a thousand people place 1 Dash each. The voting power would be made by consensus of the community that administers this masternode or by those who put 1 Dash /
That is to say: In a voting cycle, it is necessary that 501 people say Yes so that this masternode says Yes?
In the case that a masternode contains these thousand people.
Hi Andres, that's correct - voting will be executed on Swarm's blockchain voting module, with each DMN holder receiving votes equal to their fractional ownership of the node. And simple majority will carry the vote.
The structure of the fund is such that multiple masternodes could be held if there is enough community interest and investment, and then voting could more accurately reflect the wishes of the participants. For example, if there were 5 nodes held and the votes were split 60/40 the collective votes could be 3 yes/2 no.

We are going to host an AMA with the syndicate leader for this project soon, and have listed the opportunity over on our website at swarm dot fund.
Cheers for the question and please keep 'em coming!
Alex and the Swarm team.

according to the terms, 100% goes to members until ROI is reached and then maintainer takes 3%

am I getting that right?

sounds pretty good, but that would also mean the maintainer wouldn't get a cut until after 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back